Cleaning up some anti GMO disinformation that has been littering the internet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Bone75
Are you suggesting there is a reliable testing method for seeds, but none for foods?

No I am not suggesting anything. I cannot tell you why some things can be labeled as non-GMO and others cannot. That is a good question for someone who is more versed in the whole labeling laws and so forth.

Edited to say, yea, I think there is a way to test seeds to see if they contain BT or something? I have to do research on it. Monsanto can test seeds and know that it is their seed growing in some field. How else could they prove if a farmer was reseeding if they didn't test it?
edit on 7-10-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Oneggod
If what you say is correct then I would like to ask why my children's basil did not self seed?

We purchased a children's growing pack of seeds, in this pack was tomato, basil and capsicum seeds. We planted the basil and capsicums, no capsicums came to be but the basil did wonderfully. Here in Aus we have just come through Winter & a friend of mines basil self seeded so I left our basil to do the same. She had new sprouts showing just a few weeks into Winter (she also only lives a few streets from our house) & I have just pulled ours out as it just went black & died. We had lots of flowers on ours. So were are the seeds?
I have no clue. Maybe it was a hybrid basil or something?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Or. Since it died, there may have been some other problem with it. A fungus perhaps.
Quite an assumption to think it may have been GM basil. Is there even such a thing?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I said hybrid basil. I don't think there is GMO basil though.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

I know. It wasn't a specific reply to you, more a response to the post you were replying to.
Actually, probably hybrid. But I don't think that would prevent it from going to seed
edit on 10/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

lol agree, wasn't very articulate, didn't have a lot of time and now just wrote out a more padded out version and just freeking deleted it.

just quickly bayer who are owned by the rothschilds which split into lots of companies after ww2, there are a group of families that control this planet and they use different companies with different names to own each company the same as the rockerfellers do the oil industry.

the chemical/poison PCB was sprayed to kill off the gooseberry and blackberry bushes in the 70s which although a prolific pest should not have been used, this poison is now all the way up the food chain,
the herbicides and pesticides which are sprayed onto the farm crops are found on both the poles which means they are contaminating every food source grown on the planet now out of time again hope this is clearer.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I gotcha
So on further thought though, she said

We had lots of flowers on ours. So were are the seeds?
This makes me think that the seeds were in there, they were just too tiny to see. Basil seeds are a little bit larger than a grain of sand.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There is a Connection between Pesticide treated GMO Seeds and their adverse effect on Bee Populations . These Treated Seeds are a Threat to our Natural Enviorment and should be Banned . To think otherwise is highly suspect IMO .

www.youris.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Phage

There is a Connection between Pesticide treated GMO Seeds and their adverse effect on Bee Populations .

What about non GM seeds which are treated with neonicotinoids? Are they ok?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Are there such seeds ?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Yes.
The treatment of seeds with neonicotinoids is not restricted to GM crops. The idea is to keep insects from attacking the seeds.

edit on 10/27/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm curious, why did the OP leave out the effect of certain GMO factors on the ability of a Human Being to express their consciousness through the body?

Why did the OP leave out the DNA changes that result in the human body that compromise the ability to express certain very Human Being frequencies through the body they inhabit while on Earth?

seems odd that the OP only covered a tiny, tiny portion of the issue, and left out the most important of them all. While it does make sense that Monsanto finally figured out how to own the intellectual property of food, that's really cool - it was also inevitable, making that point over and over again belies some of the more important issues.

I wonder if Monsanto has already looked into patenting the DNA changes in the human body that result from their work? It seems one will not be able to patent genes you find in the human body, but I expect they will be able to patent genes that are a creation of their work. I'd invest in them if I knew they were able to patent those body expression limitation genes, as control over the way a Human Being expresses their energy through the body would be a gold mine of epic proportions. I can easily see charging people to unlock the ability to use the genes, or even refusing to give up the codes in order to prevent those expressions from every happening.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

" The idea is to keep insects from attacking the seeds."

Wouldn't a more Logical Approach to preventing certain insects from attacking certain Seeds be in the use of Nondestructive Insects that consume the Insects that do ? A simple Nonchemical Solution that does not Pollute the Enviorment with Toxic Chemicals sounds like a better Idea to me .

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Finding bugs that only eat bugs that only eat seeds might be a bit of a problem. I'm not sure you're going to find that kind of specialization.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Hollie
reply to post by qwerty12345

Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with the post. Did you read it? It's about seeds for the home gardener.

and your title "Cleaning up some anti GMO disinformation that has been littering the internet" has nothing to do with your post.

Flag Seeking behavior that I'm glad to see is not working.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

actually you can buy many varieties of predator insects for greenhouses or gardens..i cant say though if there is one for that specific application. now as for non gmo seeds being treated..does that initial treatment then become part of the plants genetic makeup through its life cycle the same as a geneticaly engineered seed?..if not the argument is invalid

edit on 28-10-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

now as for non gmo seeds being treated..does that initial treatment then become part of the plants genetic makeup through its life cycle the same as a geneticaly engineered seed?

No.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
well then its not fair to compare a gmo seed to a treated non gmo in so far as what that plant may do to the bee population once its grown and the bees do thier thing..no?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

Not sure what you are saying.

In any case, the Italians stopped using neonicotinoid treated seeds in 2008 while they continued to plant GM maize. Bee colony collapses stopped (or at least greatly declined). It would seem that GM maize was not the problem.

A correction: Italy never did allow large scale growing of GM maize.
edit on 10/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ok im still learning this stuff..are the neonicotinoids engineered into the gmo seed?..for some reason im thinking that is being compared to a non gmo seed that is treated. i may be mistaken?

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join