This is a simple process for resizing and implementing your mini-profile background image using Microsoft Paint. It is meant to provide an easy method
to re-size these images so that they do not repeat in the user profile space.
With the advent of ATS 5/3 site release, the new space for profile background images is wider than before, causing the older images to repeat in the
new, larger space. Like this…
The new width for mini-profile background images is 200 pixels. The length varies based on the viewer’s screen size and other profile factors. For
the majority of profiles, a length of 450 will avoid making image repeat at the bottom of the profile space. Images longer than 450 pixels will simply
be cut off at the bottom (which is better than repeating)
If you want to skip this process or you have trouble with any of the steps below, please post to this thread,
and someone will help you out. Otherwise, read on.
Section I - Re-sizing your background image
1. Open your profile image in Microsoft Paint
2. From the “Home” tab, click on “resize”
- Select the “Pixels” radio button
- Make sure that the “maintain aspect ratio” box is checked
- Type “200” into the “Horizontal” Box (the “Vertical” value will automatically increase with respect to the aspect ratio.
- Hit "OK"
It’s OK if your image is longer than 450 pixels. If you want further optimization, please go to the
thread for assistance.
6. Select “File”, “Save As” [choose a file name]
Next, you’ll need to upload the image to your upload space on ATS.
Section II -How to upload and implement your mini-profile background image.
1. On your top ATS menu, click on the little circle with the down arrow to open the lower menu, then click on “Upload”
2. When your Uploads page loads, click the little cloud with the up arrow
3. Click “Select Files” … this will bring up a dialog box where you can choose the file to upload from your PC. Select the file you want to use,
then click on "Open"
4. When the file name you selected shows up, click the little cloud to upload it to your ATS upload space.
5. In a few seconds, your image should appear as a thumbnail. Click on it.
6. Final step… Click on the little square to make the image your new mini-profile background.
NOTE: Do not click on the little person icon to the left of the square, or your big background image will go into your avatar space and replace your
transparent .gif avatar. If this happens, read on to the next section...
Section III - Troubleshooting
1. Go to a thread you have posted on and see what your profile looks like. If it looks like this one below, you put your mini-profile image in the
“Avatar” space by mistake.
To fix this, just go back to step 6 above and put it in the background space.
2. If your background image looks too short, like this…
...you don’t have a transparent .gif Avatar in your avatar space. You need this in place to "push down" the profile text and allow for the large
background image. If this is the case, follow the steps below to put a transparent avatar in place
a. Go to your "Account" page.
b. In the “Your Avatar” area and in the “default ATS avatar” box, enter the following text (copy/paste), but be sure to remove the space
after the http:
before you hit "Submit"
c. Hit “Submit”
This should put your transparent avatar in place to maximize your profile background image.
Further Troubleshooting needed? - Go to the Avatar Creations
thread. There's a bunch
of friendly folks standing by ready to assist.
edit on 10.7.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)