It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal New Republic suggests Obama use military against Tea Party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Who or What is the New Liberal Republic?

The New Republic is led by its Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, Chris Hughes. A Facebook co-founder and digital campaign strategist for the 2008 Obama Campaign, Hughes purchased The New Republic in March, 2012 to help build a future for substantive journalism in a digital age.

The magazine's outlook is associated with the Democratic Leadership Council and "New Democrats" such as former US President Bill Clinton and Connecticut Senator Joseph Lieberman, who received the magazine's endorsement in the 2004 Democratic primary; so did Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton in 2008.[6] While defending federal programs, like Medicare and the EPA, it has advocated some policies that, while seeking to achieve the ends of traditional social welfare programs, often use market solutions as their means, and so are often called "business-friendly." Typical of some of the policies supported by both TNR and the DLC during the 1990s were increased funding for the Earned Income Tax Credit program and reform of the Federal welfare system.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well it seems to be a magazine that supports and promotes certain old school Democrats towards a new direction that is so far away from their name sake , that you may as well call a dog a cat ( Orwellian double speak).

Now to the article and the title of this post.

On Tuesday, the liberal New Republic published an article that was a not-so-subtle suggestion that Barack Obama use military force against the Tea Party in the same manner Boris Yeltsin used it against hardliners in his government nearly 20 years ago.

www.examiner.com...

So what is it, that happened in Russia 20 years ago?

The conflict between two branches of Russian power on September 21-October 4, 1993 led to the forcible cessation of the powers of the Russian Supreme Soviet, and was accompanied by armed clashes in the streets of Moscow.

rt.com...

So it seems there is a template here that these individuals would like to see occur in the United States of America.

Perhaps a breakdown of the United States , just like that of the Soviet Union.

Does this look familiar?

The liberalization provided a solution to the problem of deficit of consumer goods, at least to some extent, but it also triggered unprecedented inflation that devalued the population’s savings and allowed very few people to actually invest. Part of the blame for this lay with the Central Bank, which was not reporting to the government, but to the parliament, and was issuing money to cover the financial deficit. At the same time, the bank and the parliament could not ignore the huge social obligations that were Soviet Russia’s legacy and had no sources of income to provide for them.

Now in reading the article above I am able to see the comparisons with what is currently trying to be executed in the U.S only it is President Obama that is creating these reforms and shutting down the American Government to create the New Liberal Republic.
To close an interesting quote:-

An abstract from the address of the creative personalities to the people of Russia

An abstract from the address of the creative personalities to the people of Russia

“Our clocks are chiming the hour of courage!

The Russian intelligentsia must make their historical choice. An impostor has violated the law and he will answer for this before the people and Russian history.

The pathetic attempts to drag cultural personalities into a criminal cooperation have failed completely. Former President Yeltsin ( Obama ) is being followed only by those who remain loyal and faithful to the authorities at all times. Another treachery has confirmed the worthlessness and soullessness of such a position. Their shame will remain on their descendants! In these difficult times we call upon Russian citizens
( American Citizens )to join in their actions to protect the law and express our belief in the courage of every one of our compatriots.

Russia will be saved and reborn.”
Is this last word also possible for America?
edit on 7-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

Further references at this link :-www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

People who are progressive are really doubling down on stupid these days. They're like petulant children who stomp their feet and wail when they don't get their way. Now their own tactics are being used against them and they cry unfair?

And between the Tea Party and progressives, I think that the military would fall on the side of the Tea Party. They don't riot, they clean up after their protests, etc.

But the progressives are actually quite the violent bunch and if they retain power it'll only get worse. Because it's for our own good.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The possibility *IS* very real.

The fact that we are dealing with an Administration that is based on extreme jealousy and grudges, any suggestions that would have been sluffed off as wild conspiracy theories years ago, could very easily become reality in the very near future.

We are in an extremely dangerous period in history right *NOW*.

The Executive Branch of our *government* is overflowing with many extremists that follow specific political idealisms.

Many of those idealisms may not be the best for the majority of citizens.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well the problem for these liberals is that the Tea Party has no leaders, no central power structure, and no organization.

It is akin to going to war against a belief. There is really no one specifically, as in the Russian case, to direct their moves.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This almost sounds like what happen at the mall in Kenya when the terrorist were asking if people were Muslim, if not they killed them.

The measure's the left are willing to take against people that don't agree with them boggles the mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You do realize that Yeltsin was successful and correct in his instincts, right? I'm not saying that his course of action would fit our needs but you are kind of speaking like he was a failure.

Obama can't do that with the Tea Party because they don't exist. It's like fighting "terror" by attacking a country (Iraq). It just can't be done. Not here, anyway.

Also, as far as accusing Obama of stomping his feet like a child, you also realize that this government shutdown by the GOP is entirely counter to the concept of democracy, right? The ACA was passed by our government and ruled constitutional by the supreme court. What the shut-down is doing is saying "Hey, I know the system worked as intended and this law passed but we are going to shut it all down until Obama says 'uncle'".

Even if I hated "Obamacare" as much as you guys, I would still think that the GOP is in the wrong here.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Cuervo

You do realize that Yeltsin was successful and correct in his instincts, right? I'm not saying that his course of action would fit our needs but you are kind of speaking like he was a failure.

Obama can't do that with the Tea Party because they don't exist. It's like fighting "terror" by attacking a country (Iraq). It just can't be done. Not here, anyway.

Also, as far as accusing Obama of stomping his feet like a child, you also realize that this government shutdown by the GOP is entirely counter to the concept of democracy, right? The ACA was passed by our government and ruled constitutional by the supreme court. What the shut-down is doing is saying "Hey, I know the system worked as intended and this law passed but we are going to shut it all down until Obama says 'uncle'".

Even if I hated "Obamacare" as much as you guys, I would still think that the GOP is in the wrong here.

The healthcare law is just that, a law. As such, Congress, per the Constitution, has full authority to do whatever they want with it.

I always laugh at people that say, "well its law so they have to abide by it."

Well slavery was a law and upheld as constitutional at one point in our history also. Aren't you glad that people didn't just accept it?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach

Cuervo

The healthcare law is just that, a law. As such, Congress, per the Constitution, has full authority to do whatever they want with it.

I always laugh at people that say, "well its law so they have to abide by it."

Well slavery was a law and upheld as constitutional at one point in our history also. Aren't you glad that people didn't just accept it?

But this isn't a matter of the Constitution and that was made clear by the SUPREME COURT. They have the final say. If you want to change the law, you do it the right way; not by plugging you ears and saying "icanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyou"

(post by xavi1000 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

That is just what happened , not only in Iraq but Libya and now they are working on Syria and then Iran.

They don't need a set location or have an identifiable group ( but they do know who they are , ask the IRS , about that one) to wage an ideological war on the American Constitution and the United States .

They just need to vilify them , like they currently are ..... see any headline in the MSM.

Hey some could also say Hitler was successful in his time as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Julia loffe is an Russian-American freelance writer...she does not represent the opinion of the new republic...but of course this is how the OP interprets it

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You need to read more in that magazine.

Don't know if this one is Russian????? You can probably find something though , try his kindergarten records, he might have stolen someone's lunch or be a member of the very young communists party or something.

Earlier this week, conservative talk show host Mark Levin warned that Barack Obama is campaigning and preparing the country for what amounts to a coup against the Constitution over the debt ceiling, Breitbart.com reported Sunday.

Levin went on to warn listeners of dire consequences to the nation if Obama acts unilaterally."So, it is he who is prepared to extort and blackmail in ways that most of you, and most of my colleagues in this business can’t even imagine, or don’t even understand," he said. "And, if the President of the United States unilaterally lifts the debt ceiling, you can kiss the core functions of Congress goodbye, you can kiss this Republic goodbye, once and for all."

www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

jimmyx
Julia loffe is an Russian-American freelance writer...she does not represent the opinion of the new republic...but of course this is how the OP interprets it

Yep.

And is an indicator of the similarities with Obama LLC.

Doesn't that give ya the jitters ?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Why would Obama use the military ?

He already used the IRS.

He went after their funding.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

lolz

Everyone in my Tea Party group is either active duty or retired.

lolz

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That might not be a bad idea

Just as the Muslim Brotherhood was outlawed in Egypt perhaps they should outlaw the Tea Party.

Or perhaps they should sick the Illuminati on the Tea party
Aha….but the Illuminati is likely behind the Tea party

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Willtell
That might not be a bad idea

Just as the Muslim Brotherhood was outlawed in Egypt perhaps they should outlaw the Tea Party.

Or perhaps they should sick the Illuminati on the Tea party
Aha….but the Illuminati is likely behind the Tea party

Pretty fascist.

And.

Yes clearly people who think government's power should be shrunk, and it's idiotic spending needs to end are 'comparable' to the Muslim brotherhood.

As if.......

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm imperfectly(facetious) fascist
I'm being facetious
Not fascist
pun intended

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Already posted but I don't know the rules on which they consider a duplicate thread.....

Abovetopsecret Thread

Still the more this gets play, the better.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Obviously the search parameters on here can not pick up the varied approaches made by the authors of the original articles , this was searched for and did not bring a result under this title , yours did however link not from your title but from inside your post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join