It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matte Black Truck with Strange Logos Photographed in Downtown Washington, DC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I didn't know where to put this but from the pictures it looks military to me (possibly from Hollywood..)

I'm hoping someone has seen/read a thread about this and can provide me with some information.

This photo was taken by my boss' wife recently. It was taken near George Washington University in Washington, DC.

What are those logos? I've performed a google image search but the logos are too skewed from the angle of the picture.

Maybe the latest edition to the food truck craze?!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by godsmokes

now thats a hummer,, lol only in America,, might be a movie prop????

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Looks to me like it's designed to be used in some type of civil disturbance. See that bubbled window paneling on the top? So people can see up and over the crowd. Perhaps something is expected to happen.

The same logo is in red on the front of the truck. Did you try image searching for that one?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Someone call G.I. Joe, It looks like Cobra is beginning to invade.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Looks like a modern swat vehicle. Is that a logo or a tag from a brave pedestrian?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Damnit, you beat me to it!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

doing that right now. If it's for civil unrest- what's up with the strange logos? Would the logos not be of the appropriate agency's seal or initials (like on every other government vehicle) rather than something out of the power rangers?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It has to be a movie prop. Look at the useless "stealth" panel design. It's too expensive and detailed to be a food truck. The logo looks to say ZOL. I can't find anything on that.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The high rise intake and exhaust pipes seem to indicate it has some design specs for transversing deep water areas.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
u know it was "nasa",, who said they first learned of the Russian Asteroid,,from "twitter".,,soooo,,NSA if ur watching,, lol

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Do you think they fed the meter???

If not and you were a meter maid, would you think about it for a minute before putting a ticket on that truck

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

And if it was plate steel,, should it not be riding lower,,?? thats a lot of weight,,,or some kinda big time shocks.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm no military vehicle expert....but here's my $.02...

A) The core vehicle is not at all up to date with what any kind of armored vehicle would be based off of. It looks more like a home made attempt (albeit, a damned good one) to turn a delivery truck into some form of APC. Honestly, movie prop DOES absolutely come to mind.

B) The logo...umm, doesn't look like anything more than some kids tag on a wall with spraypaint. I'm talking about the overall design of it, moreso than the "quality" of it's paint job. It doesn't look like anything that would be a military logo to me at all. If anything, it looks more as though it would be some form of corporate logo.

C) The matte black paintjob...yes, local police departments are using this heavily, but I have yet to see the military use this. They would use urban camo (black/grey/white/blue) instead, IMHO. Given that the matte black is more prevalently used by the police, I'd say this is designed more for a psychological impact than a tactical vehicle. It is mean to look ominous.

So, there's my change...make of it what you will....

-SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's a old Army 5-ton (M935). I would think it's a movie prop (for the SYFY channel) or some survivalist with money to burn built it.

Why would some agency want a old 5-ton when they seem to be giving out MRAPs?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I cant work out what the sign is
could be CR, ZR, ZDL, ZPL
does it have the look of a storm chaser vehicle?

GOOGLE IMAGES

It certainly looks out of place whatever its for.

EDIT - It cant be a stormchaser, its too high off the ground
edit on 7-10-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: it wasnt me!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The Logo looks to me like the head of a blue jay or a cardinal......
Very interesting picture, I can't see this vehicle being privately owned unless someone has more money than most of here on ATS.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Is that an old deuce and a half that has been modified? That's what it looks like to me.
The way it is outfitted reminds me of the unfortunate run in with the comandos that protect the president when he is out and about. They're usually behind the scenes. They follow no military protocol. They use black matte paint on their rigs and are outfitted with surveillance equipment a lot like that. Scary dudes honestly.

Considering the logos, though, it could be a merc outfit. Blackwater types most likely.

Either that or they are filming the next GI Joe in DC. Haha

My gut tells me this is crowd control though. Things are about to ramp up over that way.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

GezinhoKiko
I cant work out what the sign is
could be CR, ZR, ZDL, ZPL
does it have the look of a storm chaser vehicle?

GOOGLE IMAGES

It certainly looks out of place whatever its for.

It has some similarities but the armour cladding does not cover the wheels so I would guess no it is not a storm chasing vehicle.

But you never know.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I just sent my son (EX-Marine) who works in DC as a private contractor a message and he too just responded it was Old 5 ton military truck converted into a swat/riot control truck...used to transport officers.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Looks to be a pimped out one of these

As JayInR and RunForTheHills have pointed out. Also TDawgRex
edit on 7-10-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: it wasnt me!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join