It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist who mapped human genome says we will be able to 'print' alien life from Mars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We have come so far in just the last couple of years with 3-D printing and the new discoveries with DNA.
This would totally be amazing if J. Craig Venter could accomplish this especially with the find of alien microbes from a high atmosphere balloon

We could soon be able to design cells or entire organisms using computer software and 3D printers, a scientist has claimed.

The cells could be used to create biofuels, combat global warming, develop new healthcare and medicines and even recreate alien lifeforms on earth, if alien DNA is ever found.

J.Craig Venter - who helped map the human genome and created the world's first synthetic life form in 2010 - details the theory in his new book Life at the Speed of Light: From the Double Helix to the Dawn of Digital Life.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

The cells could also be used to increase intelligence, or even extend human life.

I'm no luddite but this stuff worries me , is this the next step in our evolution or the first step to our downfall .

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

As much as I like this idea. But shouldn't they try this method right here on Earth, before they send some tech to Mars. Where they still didn't find life. That would also be something to find first imo.

join