It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Asks World for Help to 'Solve' Fukushima

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Oh, now they want help? First they cover up the seriousness of the disaster (even though the vastness of the problem is obvious from the beginning). All that while refusing help because they have to save face. Now its we can't fix it and need outside help... now that its too late. Now they want to bow out and give somebody else the problem, be able to blame them for the whole boondoggle.

Grrr...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

intrptr

Oh, now they want help? First they cover up the seriousness of the disaster (even though the vastness of the problem is obvious from the beginning). All that while refusing help because they have to save face. Now its we can't fix it and need outside help... now that its too late. Now they want to bow out and give somebody else the problem, be able to blame them for the whole boondoggle.

Grrr...

Regardless, the ones suffering are the Japanese citizens and citizens around the world directly affected by the water contamination. It doesn't matter if the officials did or didn't accept help, the point is...here we are. I truly hope someone is able to come up with a solution.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

intrptr
First they cover up the seriousness of the disaster

In that regard, they were certainly not playing the part of the Lone Ranger.

...and in complying with the laws regarding pretty much any current US political statement video, must be immediately followed up with this classic:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

It doesn't matter if the officials did or didn't accept help, the point is...here we are. I truly hope someone is able to come up with a solution.

Thank you and I understand peoples hopeful outlook for finding a solution. The problem I have with that wishful thinking is that they would have applied that solution already if there was one. Thats where my anger stems from... the simple fact that the only thing that diminishes radioactivity is decay over time, period.

Man was stupid enough to think he could bring the sun down here and boil water with it and not let the genie out of the bottle. I know they knew the risks if it ever did happen and it has happened. Thats why I am angry. Its too friggin late to put the evil back in Pandoras box. The stuff has escaped all the containment provided for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Sorry for the delay.

In that regard, they were certainly not playing the part of the Lone Ranger.

Yah, Obama covered for them too didn't he. And the American company (General Electric) that built and sold the Japanese the damn things. Thanks for the videos.

I wanted to ask how the 2nd music video was relevant? Forgive me I want to understand, I dig music and the message... just asking to clarify it for me.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The song is "Lies" by the Thompson Twins. The lyrics are:

you told me you loved me
so i don't understand
why promises are snapped in two
and words are made to bend
(the bigger, the better)
some stolen from japan
collected from around the world,
they'll catch you if they can
(chorus)
lies lies lies yeah
lies lies lies yeah
lies lies lies yeah
do i have to catch you out
to know what's on your mind
well, cleopatra died for egypt,
what a waste of time
white ones and red ones
and some you can't disguise
twisted truth and half the news
can't hide it in your eyes
(REPEAT CHORUS)
you say you'll try harder
but i think it's just too late
well, the car is revving in the drive,
and i'm not the sort to wait
the bigger, the better
some nicked from old saigon
collected from around the world
love lies on and an and on and on and on and
lies lies lies yeah (they're gonna get you)
lies lies lies yeah (they won't forget you)
lies lies lies yeah (they're gonna get you)
lies lies lies yeah
oh you know i know
(REPEAT CHORUS)
oh you know i know
(REPEAT CHORUS)

www.lyricsmode.com...

Whether the song is about a lying lover or pile of dogcrap masquerading as an entire government... either way we're getting roughly screwed by an untrustworthy waste of space.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

intrptr

It doesn't matter if the officials did or didn't accept help, the point is...here we are. I truly hope someone is able to come up with a solution.

Thank you and I understand peoples hopeful outlook for finding a solution. The problem I have with that wishful thinking is that they would have applied that solution already if there was one. Thats where my anger stems from... the simple fact that the only thing that diminishes radioactivity is decay over time, period.

Man was stupid enough to think he could bring the sun down here and boil water with it and not let the genie out of the bottle. I know they knew the risks if it ever did happen and it has happened. Thats why I am angry. Its too friggin late to put the evil back in Pandoras box. The stuff has escaped all the containment provided for it.

Well the way I see this is that it is a good lesson. It's also interesting because it's forcing governments/people to rethink organic technology. Already the area around Fukushima is littered with sunflowers because they are able to soak up radiation.

While decay over time diminishes radioactivity it's still possible there are plants that are able to integrate the radioactive substances into themselves which would keep the water from being further contaminated. That's the goal here is prevention of the groundwater from being further contaminated. They are not looking to speed up the radioactive decay process but are simply trying to figure out how to prevent the groundwater from seeping into the ocean...which is a plausible goal.

Creating an organic barrier of plants that are able to soak up the radioactive substances might seem far fetched but could also work in preventing further contamination.

The Japanese are open already to biological plant based technologies so you're probably right that they've already tried most of what I'm saying. Again though, who knows?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Got it, thanks. Totally agree with that. Classic tune, too.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The Japanese are open already to biological plant based technologies so you're probably right that they've already tried most of what I'm saying. Again though, who knows?

Be careful of reports of magic absorbers, natural sponges and the like. These are (up until now and as far as I know) falsehoods promoted by the industry to steer our minds clear of the truth. Otherwise there would not be this problem, right? They would just import tanker fulls of "xyz rad-zapper" and presto, all gone...

You must understand this is not like putting out a fire or vaccinating against a disease. This is the atomic level we are dealing with. That is the base of all matter and invisible to the biological world.

In other words, the body does not see the "radioactivity" just the damage done. Since the cause of the damage is at the atomic or even subatomic level there is no defense against it. Or cure. And the "sources" are so long lived (centuries, millennia, eons), once ingested they are with you to stay.

Sorry to keep refocusing attention I know you have a good heart and positive outlook. Heres a bit from a book by Robert Tredici---

Link

When you understand that Plutonium has a "half life" of 24,000 years, then you are closer to understanding how dangerous this material is to be found anywhere in earths environment.

Like I said, nothing diminishes this "radioactivity" from these sources but decay over time. Anyone stating differently is sowing disinformation.

Now to be "positive" we have all been exposed to radioactive elements in our lifetime. Remnants of the bombs dropped over Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still occasionally caught in detectors today around the world. There are also cosmic rays from the sun and deep space. There are other waste sources for radioactivity around us. Medical industry, plane rides, radon in walls, etc.

The body does cast off dead tissue and fights a constant battle by the immune system to repair damage. The body itself is renewed every 7 or so years. Plus there are other numerous cancer causing toxins in the environment ( i am sure you are aware of). We also have spiritual protection (if you believe in that sort of thing).

Just nothing has happened on this scale before and we are definitely in new territory with discovering the effects of this down the road.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Sorry, replying twice to your post to show something else. You said...

Already the area around Fukushima is littered with sunflowers because they are able to soak up radiation.

Everything soaks up "radioactive contamination" because it is so small. But the plants die off before the decay is finished. Then what? A bird eats those seeds, flies to another place and craps radioactive poop on your car.Then you drive across town and wash it into a drain which flows to the sea where a shrimp and a fish and then you consume it. And thats only a few years of tens of thousands of years of decay of that one particle... see? (depending on the element)

Radioactive contamination is also so small that it can't be "cleaned up" from the same environment. It is as small as atoms and even smaller.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I love how you think

However ,too little too late. We had all discussed the algae and other bio based solutions and it may have mitigated some of the problems we do and will have, but every day more is dumped. I cant even recall what thread that whole convo was in.. LOL!
"Clean up" solutions are putting the cart before the horse a little, stopping the original/ongoing contamination issue is where they need help... and they need it NOW. Actually they needed it a while back. Then to pile on that the human aspect of this. The humans in the immediate area are being fed a line of bunk. Thyroid issues are the least of their worries. I would think that with a WORLD issue, we could all come together and figure a way to address ALL of the issues at once. We havent yet... and so many of us are still asking why hasnt this been done. If the Japanese are now saying okay.. screw it, just help - we should ALL listen.

I just read about the radiation levels measured by Canada in fish caught in the Pacific and the WAY the starfish on the Canadian coast are dying in this die off they just reported. Makes one wonder what isnt being reported closer to Fukushima itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join