It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergartner Suspened for Using a "Bad Word".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Simply sending the child to the office to discuss why it's wrong with the Principal should suffice.

Why add it to his record?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Mountainmeg
That's it. I need to take flowers or cookies to my son's 4th grade teacher. (He's in 9th now) He has autism and tends to repeat things he hears. Like cuss words on the bus. Teacher & I discussed the problem and played "whack-a-mole" with cuss words for the next month. When we explained *why* certain words shouldn't be used, son would immediately (or at least immediately after the 2nd time
) stop using them. She never once overreacted or sent him to the office. Yep, she needs cookies...

SHE should definitely win an award...its great to hear that there are some teachers out there that still 'teach'.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

Funny my kids did not know cuss words til they went to kindergarten .. true story

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

My daughter wouldn't have heard them either if it wasn't for the people that live near us who can't seem to form a sentence without connecting about 5 cuss words to it. Its a shame you try to keep your children from language like that, but others don't have a bit of a problem with blasting it around them.
Don't get me wrong, I have said my share of cuss words thru out the years but I made it a point to clean up my language when I had her. Kids are like sponges, they soak up everything!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernRain55

I'm going to be laughing all day!

I love your story and the reward you given by the head teacher............two days off.........excellent!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Elliot...it really was a mini vacation. My dad was proud of me for sticking up for myself and my older sister took me shopping.
edit on 10/10/2013 by SouthernRain55 because: misspelling

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Oh don't get me wrong I'm no saint... just very vigilant with language. ( English major) so I was slightly shocked when my daughter came home asking what a "witch" was next it was a hole you get the idea lol but no one was expelled nor did I complain... I told her what it meant why words hurt and why we don't use certain terms except in extreme warranted cases ie. Politics lol

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

hellnotes

Amazing is right. I’ve observed that in my family, too. I applaud what you said to your teacher that day. Sometimes teachers are unreasonable (and that’s putting it mildly). I have a few ‘teacher stories’ of my own lol. I think that teachers tend to overreact to things that students (of any age) say to them, no matter what it is. And in their overreacting, they tend to give unfair punishments. It’s unfortunate for the students.

It's not really much of a surprise that teachers can be vengeful considering what they make a year. If anyone should be complaining about their wages it should be those educating the future workers of our country, not the burger flippers and drive thru workers. Spend five years in college, rack up student loans and then fight tooth and nail to actually get a teaching job that starts in the mid $30k range? Thats a raw deal in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

That gives a teacher the right to treat a child inappropriately?
I agree with what you said, teachers ARE underpaid...but I am sorry I still don't think that gives them ANY reason to be vengeful to those that they are supposed to be teaching.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

SouthernRain55
reply to post by kdyam

That gives a teacher the right to treat a child inappropriately?
I agree with what you said, teachers ARE underpaid...but I am sorry I still don't think that gives them ANY reason to be vengeful to those that they are supposed to be teaching.

Agreed, no it does not give them any rights to mistreat our children. I have four kids, my oldest just started kindertarten... if they ever have a situation where they are wrongly mistreated by teachers or staff i will be having an up close and personal talk with the individual who did it. As cheesy as it always sounds our children are our future, we are on a fast track to leave them one trash heap of a country 20 yeara from now they deserve a good and moderately tolerable education.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

Four? Congratulations! How have you survived?? LOL. I have only 1...a 4 yr old daughter. She is a firecracker.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join