It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TruthRevolt: Truth in media or more of the same?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ben Shapiro: TruthRevolt Will Make MSM 'Pay' for Lies, Change 'Nature of Media'

On Sunday, Breitbart News Editor-at-Large Ben Shapiro discussed the launch of a new website that will seek to "change the nature of media" by exposing the donors and advertisers that enable the mainstream media to distort the truth and push their agendas with no accountability, especially when it comes to their bottom lines.

Change the nature of media? I'll believe it when I see it.

Even if this exposes the "donors and advertisers that enable the mainstream media to distort the truth and push their agendas with no accountability", will the general public ever care or listen?

On the positive side, at least we are seeing some expression of the disillusionment with modern mainstream media creep out of the conspiracy arena and into the light.

It is a far-reaching hope, but wouldn't it be nice if we were entering an era where the people wake up and reject the MSM lies and propaganda?

The polls already say that 77 percent of the people distrust the MSM:
Gallup Poll: Virtually No One Trusts the Mainstream Media
So what's the hold-up? Money and power, right?

This new media outlet will not "change the nature of media", it will fizzle and die, and the spin will continue all the same.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

This has some potential to make a dent in the ignorance machine's influence.

I will maintain high hopes for a significant change in public opinion but, we will just have to see.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

A war of information. Disinformation attacking disinformation.

edit on 7-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There are not very many people in today's media I feel good about. Ben Shapiro is one of them. While I'm not saying he is without fault, given what we have to choose from, he's at the top of the heap and at least in my opinion has some integrity.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Shapiro said those who "bankroll" and enable the mainstream media to lie and "push their agenda" must "be made aware that the American public is not going to stand for this bullshiP."

He simply said there has to be a "price to pay for that."

I like this blokes way of thinking.

Hope he does not get into any car accidents or anything.

I reckon this new website of his will end up being a significant source for ATS.

S&F

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hi ..I just came across this jewel ..I posted it on a 911 thread but though it could go here as well
Search Engine Manipulation. Google and YouTube Suppress Controversial 9/11 Truth?

www.globalresearch.ca...

[With polls consistently showing that approximately 50% of Canadians and Americans doubt the official story of 9/11, the feat of keeping the lid on a public debate for over 12 years has been nothing short of miraculous.
This article presents a simple case study showing that this miracle is being performed with the assistance of Google and YouTube search engine interference]

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Sublimecraft

Shapiro said those who "bankroll" and enable the mainstream media to lie and "push their agenda" must "be made aware that the American public is not going to stand for this bullshiP."

He simply said there has to be a "price to pay for that."

I like this blokes way of thinking.

Hope he does not get into any car accidents or anything.

I reckon this new website of his will end up being a significant source for ATS.

S&F

gee!....another right-wing source at ATS.....because there JUST isn't enough of them (sarcasm is deliberate)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The only right wing I'm interested in is on that side ------> of an aeroplane.

Same goes for the left wing.

If the source has merit, it gets my attention.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I know, right? Because everyone knows that the truth is solely the dominion of the left, who attempt to share it with the unenlightened masses, while all the right does is twist it to manipulate the masses into misery and total subjugation.
/sarcasm
Given your signature, I would have thought that you would be more interested in this. But I guess partisanship is more important in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

swanne

A war of information. Disinformation attacking disinformation.

edit on 7-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

Yep, pretty much how I see it. On one hand, you have distrust of mainstream media sources at an all time high and, often, for good reason from inaccurate/overly hasty reporting/retractions to omissions to overall bubbleheadedness. However, the majority of the alternative news venues make just as many errors, many could be considered to be just as propaganda laden as any mainstream media source, and sometimes publishing outright lies.

It's really a wonder that us Americans trust anything at this time because, it seems that whichever way you look, there's mountains of steaming b.s. everywhere. Looking at Truthrevolt.org, I'm not getting my hopes up as one of the top stories on the front page is this: "SNL: Miley Cyrus Plays Twerking Michele Bachmann with Sidekick Gay Speaker Boehner". Really sad because Ben Shapiro is not a dumb kid (I'm an old lady).

Same old, same old where the editors opt to basically go after inflammatory gaffes from a variety of public figures (and some nonsensically chosen--I really don't give a rat's butt what *insert comedian or pop star* has to say about an important political issue) to potshotting at other media source. When I was growing up, I remember learning in school that journalists were supposed to be unbiased and factually informative. Now it's all commentators and op eds.

new topics

top topics

join