It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabbing death of U.S. soldier might be hate crime, police say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by niobe

Excuse me? Clean my post up? Would you care to explain that statement or was that just a slap and run on me?

If you imply I am a racist...I will respond VERY directly, VERY quickly and with all the gentle touch of tossing out the trash. When you make it personal, as you absolutely did, I will have absolutely nothing held back...outside of maintaining a professional demeanor. (Which, isn't always easy with racism directed at me.)

I'm happy you're black. I'm happy you're a woman. The fact I KNOW those two things in the first post you chose to ENGAGE ME in discussion with, also tells me about all I need to know about how you see yourself and identify in life. That's a profound statement, in fact. Your own race or mine shouldn't play one bit into the topic. We could be talking about Chinese attacking a Puerto Rican after saying slurs about Puerto Ricans. Your race or mine would have ZERO to do with that debate and it has ZERO to do with this one.

5 punks killed a white man and made racial comments prior to the murder. LESS than that had months of calling Zimmerman (not even a white man) a racist for shooting an attacker, witnessed beating him by at least 2 other people.

Take care... Hate is a dangerous thing...more so for the one living with it. It warps perceptions, among other things.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think you might be overreacting a bit, I didnt read anything implying you are racist.

but feel free to fight amongst yourselves.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The updated story is that the five suspects are also soldiers and that the stabbing was NOT racially motivated, but that after all the men had discovered they were active duty began to walk away. One of the soldiers then went over and gave what looked like a bear hug to the victim, and when he returned to the car he had blood all over him. Three of the five were just caught when the perpetrator asked for first aid help from another soldier. Insane...soldiers killing soldiers. What a tragedy.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Nawww.. No fight. If you didn't catch it, just as well... The tone confirmed whatever doubt may have been left for me. It's not the first time it's been said to my face with a pinch of deniability left to CYA later....I just don't play CYA games.

Heck.. I said my piece tho. No need to go on, eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Let's drop this hate crime BS. You think a beating/murder victim feels better if they were attacked over the 20 bucks in their pocket instead of their skin colour? You think think their family feels better, oh well at least he/she was attacked for money, it's not as bad? A violent crime is a violent crime, and the reason shouldn't really matter.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Lakewood area where this happened is a high crime area, always has been. And at 0230 in the morning nothing good happens in that area.

Three of them have been arrested. That's what happens when the suspect brags that he “stabbed a guy to death over the weekend”

www.thenewstribune.com...

The military has always been a microcosm of society. You have your dregs of humanity in the military, like anywhere else.

I hope SPC Geike's family is able to get justice.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Hmmm...I never called you a racist, you brought that word into the thread yourself. Just like you injected the Jim Crow era into the thread. Yes, I said that I am a "Black Woman". In this conversation, it was necessary to identify myself to you, just in case you were wondering how anything you said related to me.

I don't post and run...why in the world would I run from a message board??? (It's not that serious to me.) I usually just lurk about and read the forums here on ATS...but, your comment caught my eye.

I have no quarrel with you Wrabbit, other than your choice to mention a black man being lynched "back then". There was no need to dig that skeleton out of the closet, it had nothing to do with the story we're commenting on.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Hate Crimes.. yeah right not with black attackers and white victims. Show ONE link of a case. lol

Was sitting at the Loma Linda VA hospital pharmacy today, along with about 40 other vets of various ages and races.

The CNN channel was on and all the MSM says "not a hate crime, this is something else.." Automatically a few people said "victim must of been white".. And ALL AGREED and then "attackers were black probably"..
whew,, I am not the only one with a brain.

WTF guys.. when is this gonna end?

When a group of white guys starts doing it to blacks? NOT GOOD.. but what else will stop it? REALLY? is this the plan by the ELites?

I can say, that if this 'mob of young black' mentality does not stop, their future looks bleak. These youngsters are in a false sense of security.
Many white kids today are defending blacks and Our grandparents are looking at us crazy!..

what if the young white kids start acting like the white kids acted 60 years ago?

Is that what these mobs of young angry blacks want? they WILL be slaughtered if that is the case...

WHAT A MESS!!

Charlie Foxtrot.... USA is cf'd

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

the reason I feel they will get slaughtered is most of the 'country' whites who have outgrown the previous generations' undertones are the gun nuts.. and have been raised shooting STRAIGHT.. and many have male relative veterans that lock them on early about self-defense and survival.

Most of my younger cousins are gun nuts, listen to rap, have a few black friends, etc.. For now.. what happens if a race war actually happens? I mean, eventually the lifetime of mantra from the older ones will eventually sink in.. Just like PRISON..

Now that the USA is a prison.. think about race relations in that enviro..

Big trouble ahead as far as race related..

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

niobe

I have no quarrel with you Wrabbit, other than your choice to mention a black man being lynched "back then". There was no need to dig that skeleton out of the closet, it had nothing to do with the story we're commenting on.

That is where you are WRONG.. the lynching images combined with the roots images have jaded MANY young blacks (males mostly). My wife is mixed race, her father's side is black. I have always listened to the youngsters in the family.

Why would groups of blacks be attacking massively outnumbered whites? And NOT just in AMERICA..

guess WHAT.. many Non-WHITES ---->HATE WHITEY (at least us guys anyway) Why? I know why..

TO borrow a phrase.. Hating the player and not the game..

Black history class freshman year high school. just watch the faces change in that classroom.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
How many recent senseless killings have blacks retaliated since the Zimmerman verdict? How many innocent white people must be murdered because of a jury's proclamation of innocence. When will enough be enough?
edit on 7-10-2013 by GoldenVoyager because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

TKDRL
Let's drop this hate crime BS. You think a beating/murder victim feels better if they were attacked over the 20 bucks in their pocket instead of their skin colour? You think think their family feels better, oh well at least he/she was attacked for money, it's not as bad? A violent crime is a violent crime, and the reason shouldn't really matter.

it IS a hate crime when people see a person of another color and ACT off of that!

why did the blacks start ANYTHING.. BECAUSE THE GUYS WERE WHITE!! this is admitted!

this IS WHAT CAUSED IT.. HATE for WHITES

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I think he's saying the term (and extra law) shouldn't exist in the first place...All killing/violence is hate already, racist or not. However, I don't think it's right that minority groups can fling it around like candy when a minority is attacked and ignore it when it happens the other way around. This is called a double-standard.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Exactly. If someone stabs me, it will suck, no matter why they stabbed me. I don't think anyone should get more time for stabbing me, just because I am a native, and the stabber was white. I don't care if it was another native stabbing me, it would suck just as much either way.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by Tazkven

Hate Crimes.. yeah right not with black attackers and white victims. Show ONE link of a case

www.amren.com...

The victim in that case is Asian, but there are numerous cases of black people being charged with racially motivated crimes against people of many different races.

I could just as easily have found a case where the victim was a white person, but frankly, what's the point. What difference does it make what race the victim is. Or the perp for that matter.

The whole mentality that X race is more racist than Y race, but the media favors X race over Y race even though Y race runs the media strkes me as retarded.

I think that if more people, of every race, just came to terms with their own racism instead of blaming the meda or other people of other races we'd be able to further humanity as a race. Because there really is just one race. The rest of it is just tribal bull#.
edit on 10/7/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

Yes, when WILL enough be enough? Perhaps all of ATS's white race pimps should get together and find a, oh, I don't know - a final solution to the black problem.

And in case my snark and sarcasm got misplaced on its journey along the series of tubes, let me clearly state that I was being sarcastic.
edit on 10/7/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by niobe

I'll add one more reply on here before bowing out because it seems it's needed.

Wow, you seriously had to bring up that whole "let's lynch/rape/dehumanize the black folks" era, huh? As a black woman, I'm offended...but I'll get over it, I hope you get over it as well.

If that wasn't MEANT to imply it? It did. In billboard size lettering and neon colors. It screamed it. You'll find people react similarly when provoked that way.

Now you had the right idea and I'll take you up on it. We'll agree to disagree. Completely. Unconditionally.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
every murder is a "Hate Crime". no one ever killed someone because they loved them too much.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by niobe

You have absolutely nothing to do with this story.

Why do keep injecting yourself into a news story that has NOTHING to do with you.

You can relate because you are black???
I dont know Wrabbit but his/her patients far exceed my own.

edit on 7-10-2013 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Piper96
The updated story is that the five suspects are also soldiers and that the stabbing was NOT racially motivated, but that after all the men had discovered they were active duty began to walk away. One of the soldiers then went over and gave what looked like a bear hug to the victim, and when he returned to the car he had blood all over him. Three of the five were just caught when the perpetrator asked for first aid help from another soldier. Insane...soldiers killing soldiers. What a tragedy.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ whats this ? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^'

Do you have a link?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join