It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maleficarum Modernus-- A Survey of Witchery in the 21st Century

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by imod02

Oo, scary.

So do you have any more information for us on this long-distance walker, or is that our ration?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

loved your reply, keep up the good work

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Logarock

wildtimes
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Those hicks in shacks and mountain medicine women, wise women and healers.Ozark witches, and Appalachian Granny Witches.

Yes, I know. I'm familiar with more than one 'witch.' And more than one 'coven'. (Not "A FAMILIAR", just, acquainted and aware of their behaviors - from personal experience.)

No broom flying -

The very commonly held notion that witches fly is a cover story for the wizard "bird men"....they do the flying and are commonly transvestite, very long hair feminine males but not all certainly.

Actually the truth behind the flying myth is actually cooler than the myth itself.

There were a select few covens who used a "flying ointment" that was a very powerful ritual hallucinogen. They would use this to "fly" to their Sabbats, esbats, meets, etc. The broom came in because these female witches would "ride" them in the nude and have the ointment rubbed on to the staff portion of the besom.

When they straddled this broom in the nude, it would actually apply the ointment through their genitalia.

The story of these particular witches grew into the myth of witches and brooms.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

The ointment you mentioned is made from the Datura plant. There is a field filled with this plant across from my adobe hacienda and when in bloom, the air is intoxicating. The plant in all it's forms is very toxic and dangerous.

VOE talkin....

edit on 9-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by imod02

There is something much older that walks this earth, something that was formed at the very start of our world and still walks with us till the end of our world. All religions and witchcraft copy parts of it, look for it and you will find the answer to the question you fear to ask.

Mitochondria?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

olaru12
reply to post by Cuervo

The ointment you mentioned is made from the Datura plant. There is a field filled with this plant across from my adobe hacienda and when in bloom, the air is intoxicating. The plant in all it's forms is very toxic and dangerous.

VOE talkin....

edit on 9-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Yep. I haven't cared to make it until I heard it could still have the effects by applying to your temples (and inhaling). One of these days I'm going to fly to my own Esbat. Luckily it's a short trip to my back yard.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

thruthseek3r
We would need too a special kind of police against the witchcraft practitioners to ensure it does get what it truly deserve.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-10-2013 by greyhat because: .

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Hi Eidolon23

What a beautiful thread. I don't know much about witchcraft globally so that was fascinating. Here in Scotland it is a quiet and private thing, more involved with a deep knowledge of plants, healing and second sight. My great grand-father used to see funeral processions pass the house the day before someone died. My mother also has this gift, but mercifully (so far) it hasn't passed to me.
I agree with you wholeheartedly that misogyny was in some ways responsible for the demonification of witches. Ugliness is still barely tolerated in women and must be punished or ridiculed. Yet another way for frightened men to regain their power.
'Penis shrinking' witches pretty much sums it up!!

Thanks for a great read.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Great thread!

Just a few little tidbits..

Following on from your point about witchcraft being a hereditary thing...I was once told that it is also a past-life thing. If you were a witch in a previous life, you would be one in this life and the next and so on. Don't know how true that is of course, but I have some suspicions that it is partly true in my case at least.

The burning times truly must've been awful - got a nasty birthmark on you??? You're a witch!! BURN HER! Like to collect dried herbs and flowers...off to the gallows for you. I remember studying some of the trials that they used on supposed witches and one stuck in my head - trial by iron I think it was called. Here's a link about it and other trials.

Trial by Ordeal

Wouldn't it be nice if some day everyone could practice whatever religion they wanted (or none at all for that matter) and not be punished for it - unless it was rightly declared illegal?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

It's Cthulu.

Sorry...couldn't resist!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

imod02
There is something much older that walks this earth, something that was formed at the very start of our world and still walks with us till the end of our world. All religions and witchcraft copy parts of it, look for it and you will find the answer to the question you fear to ask.

Having been mentored by a Druidic grove in my early youth, dating a Green Witch for a few years and basically been around " metaphysical - earth energy inclined " persons my whole life. No matter how far I've tried to distance myself from it all , I find myself always encountering a few in the most unlikely of places. So I just gave in and decided to just accept the fact I'm just "one of the crew" lol..anyway

I can say this post resonates extremely accurately as to the nature of some forces. There are somethings that are very old, very curious and very neutral to your manifestations. Nature energies are very interesting in what motivates their attention. I mean how do you communicate with something that never lived, nor died, yet feels all the emotions you do and at the same time carries with it ancient memory? A trip and complicated.

edit on 10-10-2013 by SodderCell because: Fixed some wording and shtuff

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Cuervo

Logarock

wildtimes
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Those hicks in shacks and mountain medicine women, wise women and healers.Ozark witches, and Appalachian Granny Witches.

Yes, I know. I'm familiar with more than one 'witch.' And more than one 'coven'. (Not "A FAMILIAR", just, acquainted and aware of their behaviors - from personal experience.)

No broom flying -

The very commonly held notion that witches fly is a cover story for the wizard "bird men"....they do the flying and are commonly transvestite, very long hair feminine males but not all certainly.

Actually the truth behind the flying myth is actually cooler than the myth itself.

There were a select few covens who used a "flying ointment" that was a very powerful ritual hallucinogen. They would use this to "fly" to their Sabbats, esbats, meets, etc. The broom came in because these female witches would "ride" them in the nude and have the ointment rubbed on to the staff portion of the besom.

When they straddled this broom in the nude, it would actually apply the ointment through their genitalia.

The story of these particular witches grew into the myth of witches and brooms.

Yes I have heard of this ointment that gives a sensation of levity ect. And I would stop at that but fortunately some of us uninitiated in the craft know for a fact that fight......moving through the air at height....is no joke and not an overblow interpretation of "flying ointment".

Folks see these artistic makeups at Halloween and else where of a witch passing through the full moon in flight on a broom.....and would never ever consider that what they are really looking at.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Going on a tangent of this wonderfully educational topic...have any of you watched the first episode of

AMERICAN HORROR STORY- COVEN

Great mix of history, fiction, myths and truths about witches and their stereotypes as well as really clever references about this very topic.

Now, carry on!
edit on 10-10-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Great thread, very insightful! Excited to get a chance to read it again and look further into it.

I must say though, that I still believe all the makeup, outfits, and rituals are entirely pointless though in changing anything... I do love the pics though!!! XD

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

lupodigubbio
Going on a tangent of this wonderfully educational topic...have any of you watched the first episode of

AMERICAN HORROR STORY- COVEN

Great mix of history, fiction, myths and truths about witches and their stereotypes as well as really clever references about this very topic.

Now, carry on!
edit on 10-10-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

Watched it. I was disturbed that they made a mega mash-up of everything but the kitchen sink in the first episode. Also; this is the type of programming that makes witches look like baby eating blood thirsty devils. Hysteria is caused by such made up story's. While ill submit that there are bad witches and it does get dark; It makes me afraid for real witches when I see them portrayed in this manner.

I wish it would have been a more accurate depiction of what witches really do. But lies sell right?

Just remember that.

I think it follows very well with the thread. A modern version of the type of stuff that got those poor souls burned in Salem.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Digital_Reality

The Chronicle of Caine

whitewolf.wikia.com...]Book of Nod

Uh, did you just cite a Vampire the Masquerade expansion?

Like, as a reference text?

Or... a holy book?

A casual browse-though of relevant forums reveals that this role-playing book is being used by, well, Vampire cults in much the same way that "Simon"'s Necronomicon is being used by Typhonian sects.

Huh. Modern grimoires come from the whackiest places.

Zack: This is from the Book of Nod. It is literally an entire book of this crap. Horrible poetry and homoerotic pictures.

Steve: Roses and zebras, angels and wheat. Powerful stuff dude.
Zack: This is post Garden of Eden guys put some ****ing shirts on.

Steve: Remember last time we did vampire you explained about twinks to me?

Zack: Vaguely.
Steve: I think Nod is where all the twinks came from. Like these two dudes angel twink and mopey twink had twink babies.

Zack: Hmmm, an origin story for twinks. Somebody get Mark Rein-Hagen on the phone and tell him we have his next splatbook.
Steve: It worked for Gypsies.

Zack: That's highly debatable.

www.somethingawful.com...

edit on 12-10-2013 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I did. I do not subscribe to it but some people do. There is an entire subculture and countless forums of people who go in this direction. Real or not people place belief in this sort of thing.

Here is such a site. Enjoy..

lilitusdiscussionboards

edit on 12-10-2013 by Digital_Reality because: added link

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Kantzveldt
I was probably just thinking of big warts upon the face, but anyway i was reading up on the Mandaean charms against Demons, which are specific to the date, day and time of the Demons arrival, sometimes they are uncurable, when one considers the depth of the traditions and practises and the bizarre methodologies involved it's easy to see how distinctions between good and bad practitioners could become blurred, how one could get left behind in 'the old ways'.

Excellent. Very excellent observation. Being stuck in the 'old ways', not updating your material to meet the needs of the audience...combined with Abrahamic faiths...it all comes down to fine tuning and delivery.

Brings to mind the Sybilline books, when the Sybil of Cumae brought them to Tarqininus, she knew that they provided essential information needed by those who ruled, but she also knew that nobody was listening to her, and her kind, imparting that important information. The material was fine, but the act that delivered them dated...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

SodderCell

imod02

Having been mentored by a Druidic grove in my early youth, dating a Green Witch for a few years and basically been around " metaphysical - earth energy inclined " persons my whole life. No matter how far I've tried to distance myself from it all , I find myself always encountering a few in the most unlikely of places. So I just gave in and decided to just accept the fact I'm just "one of the crew" lol..anyway

I can say this post resonates extremely accurately as to the nature of some forces. There are somethings that are very old, very curious and very neutral to your manifestations. Nature energies are very interesting in what motivates their attention. I mean how do you communicate with something that never lived, nor died, yet feels all the emotions you do and at the same time carries with it ancient memory? A trip and complicated.

edit on 10-10-2013 by SodderCell because: Fixed some wording and shtuff

Seems that you understand. Its something that is feared by many becouse it answers questions and cannot be lied too, religion hates it becouse they have copied part of it, you cannot buy it, you cannot win faviour with it. it has no evil nor good , we are nothing important to it, and yet without it we are nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join