It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut encounters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Are you just going to try to be insulting fine

but as i said earlyer if your going to discredit my information, if you think its a sack of poop

Then present something that says he 100% is just rolling on the floor laughing at me

you've given me a damned good laugh. I give you the honest interpretation from a NATIVE MOSCOVITE

You should message me, we can set up a skype so we can both talk about your russian knowledge, hell i might even pay you if you convince me
edit on 7-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

Hell, take ALL the insult out of that you wanted. You obviously feel bad and feel the need to be insulted by something. I surely didn't say "hey moron, you're an idiot for posting this". No, I did not. I critiqued it's use. You took one commonly used phrase, and felt that it was pointed at you. Good luck with the martyr approach. Need any nails to go with your two boards and your hammer?

HA!!!!
My russian knowledge. No, this is not based off of my knowledge of russian culture or it's language. This is MUCH better. It is what an actual RUSSIAN PERSON, someone born and raised in russia, speaks russian as their native language, told me after reviewing that video. They elaborated with the information about just how dry russian humor is. They provided the example of "if english humor is considered dry, ours is much moreso". I asked them for specifics about the interview, which they gave in spades. They even laughed heartily when Medvedev made the comment about the Men In Black movie, as this clearly was a joke to them. Funny, you and I thought he was serious. We're not russian. My friend is Russian, they "got" the humor, as they understood the cultural subtleties and undertones that we could *never* get considering our lack of understanding. But hey, you believe who you want, ok ? I'm cool with that.

So, how about you skype yourself, bro. Go ahead, debate away. I'm good with my sources.

Perhaps you're not so good with yours, now, are you ?

-SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

My russian knowledge. No, this is not based off of my knowledge

So, how about you skype yourself, bro. Go ahead, debate away

the comment about the Men In Black movie

told me after reviewing that video

You made it clear to me thank you, i shan't not need your assistance anymore.

like it or not its called a documentary..

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

The laughter wasn't enough for you to tell that he was joking?
Or the punchline to his joke being that Men in Black was a documentary?

Hey, you know, a russian person isn't qualified to tell this person whether Medvedev was joking or not...so where do you think you're going to get with him ?

Let this OP believe what they want to believe. I have a few sacred cows too. I loves me some squirrels, they can 360 degree turns on the SIDE of a TREE!!! They ROCK!!!!
I BELIEVE IN SQUIRRELS!!!

- SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

Shan't? Are we going to keep this fun debate going in antiquated victorian speak?

Hey, how about we do it in Klingon? Oh, wait, you were trying to sound superior...as if you were *above* me for some inane reason. Right?

Am I right ?

- SN

Oh, and BTW, hate to break it to you...but then again, you didn't get the translation first hand, did you? Well, ok, I'll share. Medvedev was referring to the MOVIE Men In Black, you know, Will Smith ? Yeah...it spawned a hit song...a few sequels...maybe you've seen it on Cable? Or TNT?

You see, when you can *trust* your resources, everything tends to fall into place. Do you have a personal relationship with these websites who did the translation for you? Do you know them?
edit on 7-10-2013 by SadistNocturne because: Because, well, because ..... dammit....because!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

My russian knowledge. No, this is not based off of my knowledge:
You act like you know it so well

So, how about you skype yourself, bro. Go ahead, debate away:

Skype myself? Well how will that work exactly? what does it mean?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

No offense but Medvedevs comments have been gone over so many times on ATS that I'm surprised you haven't realised yet that they were made in jest. That isn't to say that the rest of your thread should be discarded because of this, as there are some interesting quotes here. I think Edgar Mitchell's quotes on the subject are very interesting. Some people leveled the accusation that Gordon Cooper was going loopy in his old age, but when Mitchell made his comments he was obviously very lucid, and dead serious.

Oberg has every right to be skeptical and skepticism is very very valuable to the UFO phenomenon. We can't just buy up every crazy story or video or picture without scrutiny or it reduces the study of the phenomenon to a fringe group of crackpots who believe everything they're told as long as it conforms with their own bias. So while I don't necessarily agree with Jim Oberg on all of his attempts to explain away the phenomenon, I consider his contributions valuable, as we should always consider more prosaic explanations when dealing with such claims.

I am convinced however that there is enough evidence to date to indicate that there is definitely something unusual going on. UFO's are definitely real, and some of them can't be explained by natural phenomenon, misidentifications, and man made craft. If they are aliens from outer space, I have no idea (although that explanation doesn't seem to fit the bulk of the data reported by contactees and witnesses).

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

hknudzkknexnt

Shan't? Are we going to keep this fun debate going in antiquated victorian speak?

Hey, how about we do it in Klingon? Oh, wait, you were trying to sound superior...as if you were *above* me for some inane reason. Right?

Am I right ?

- SN

Now who cant understand a joke?

Lol just because i use one "off" word doesn't mean i'm better then you, don't worry its ok

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
THAT WILL BE ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP!

Knock off the personal insults and arguing and limit your discussion to the topic and the topic only. If not the thread will be closed and possibly removed. Those who continue to ignore the rules of conduct on ATS will be Post Banned.

Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

There will be no more warnings in this thread.

Blaine91555
Forum Moderator

edit on 10/7/2013 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

"I believe in Father Frost. But not too deeply. But anyway, you know, I'm not one of those people who are able to tell the kids that Father Frost does not exist," he said in a jovial reply to a question about Russia's equivalent of Santa Claus.

He went on to make an unflattering allusion to Putin's frequent lateness for meetings.

"Colleagues, somebody should be extremely punctual, while somebody else is exhausting all the limits for being late," he said, smiling wryly on a day when his mentor was more than an hour late for an event in southern Russia.

The comments touched off satire on the internet which is unlikely to help Mr Medvedev, whose star has waned since Mr Putin took over from him as president in May after a four-year interval.

In the interview itself, Mr Medvedev underlined his allegiance to Mr Putin and appeared determined to show he is in step with his ally to dismiss rumours he is about to be fired.

Mr Medvedev defended Kremlin-backed laws which critics say will be used to stifle dissent and which appear out of sync with the prime minister's relatively liberal image.

But in the off-air comments, he was less guarded.

When one of the five journalists who interviewed him complained about federal investigators arriving to search the home of a witness in an inquiry early in the morning, Mr Medvedev told the journalist not to worry before stepping out of shot.

But his microphone was still switched on when he said casually: "They are just jerks, so they come at eight in the morning. It's just their set of habits. I know many people who work in the police. They think if they come at seven in the morning they will get everything in the world."

Another of the journalists asked whether the president is handed secret files on aliens when receiving the briefcase needed to activate Russia's nuclear arsenal.

"Along with the briefcase with nuclear codes, the president of the country is given a special 'top secret' folder. This folder in its entirety contains information about aliens who visited our planet," Mr Medvedev answered playfully.

"Along with this, you are given a report of the absolutely secret special service that exercises control over aliens on the territory of our country ... More detailed information on this topic you can get from a well-known movie called 'Men In Black' ... I will not tell you how many of them are among us because it may cause panic," he says.

None of the television stations that interviewed Mr Medvedev broadcast the off-air comments, but they were delivered to Reuters as a pool signal and some were shown on YouTube.

Mr Medvedev's standing has declined since he and Putin announced in September last year that the former KGB spy planned to return to the presidency, ending speculation his protege could stay on.

They worked jointly in St Petersburg in the 1990s and it was Mr Putin who ushered Mr Medvedev, now 47, in to power in 2008.

But some political analysts give Mr Medvedev only until March or April as prime minister, citing turf wars between rival interest groups.

Even during the interview itself, Mr Medvedev answered some unusual questions. Asked whether he believed the world would end on Dec. 21 under a New Age prophecy, he said no.

He said he might have another tilt at the presidency if the Russian people want it. But he won little acclaim on the internet.

"It's sad when the former president and current prime minister of your country is simply a pathetic person," Yekaterina Kudinova wrote on Twitter.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
If he's never seen one he sure does have strong beliefs that they exist.

There is no "if". He's made it clear
he
has
never
seen
one.

What does it take for this fact to penetrate your shield?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

No trust me i understand what your saying but its just flying over my head

No but Im sure he has knowledge of such things, from friends colleges i mean after you go to space and become an american hero.. why throw that credibility away when he says that there here.

He has very strong beliefs. i don't think i personally said he saw them..

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

NO dude thats the american movie, gosh..

LOL

HE was talkijng about the russian documentary Men In Black, not a AMERICAN movie

he even says its not that well known

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I fail to see how that has anything to do with what the individual you are quoting is saying. He's not claiming that Mitchell saw a UFO. He's saying that Mitchell has made it abundantly clear that he believes in UFO's, and that he believes there is a coverup.

Just because Mitchell has admitted he has never seen one himself doesn't mean his comments are any less profound. If anything, it would seem to lend credibility to his testimony, as he is obviously an honest man and if he had some sort of agenda he could easily claim he was witness to UFO's while in space. He has not done that. What he has done, is claimed to have been briefed on the existence of UFO's, and claimed that there is an active effort to cover up the existence of extraterrestrials by more clandestine elements of the military industrial complex. Those are powerful and incredible words coming from a man of his pedigree and experience. What are your thoughts concerning the content of his claims?
edit on 7-10-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Urantia1111

Jim, you're a mathmatician and a journalist. You're among the least qualified people to be handing out labels like "misinformed". You're a PROFESSIONAL SKEPTIC. Nobody is interested in your "results"? Are you kidding? If its all the same to you, I'll listen to the guys who have actually been to space, thanks. Its entirely likely that NASA these days has been cut out of the loop for this kind of information anyway. I expect no truth from them or you. Good day.

You need to update your misinformation with accurate facts. I spent 20+ years in Mission Control in Houston, know more than a hundred astronauts and cosmonauts professionally and personally, and many more in passing, so yes, I -AM- a rocket scientist and have the T-shirt. I am not in the paid profession of propaganda, I'm also a respected analyst and historian of world space programs.

My hobby is spaceflight folklore, and I've talked to the people who've been in space about that, too.

You sound like you need some more reliable, checkable information on this subject -- I can help, come on over.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Back in those glory days, I was very uncomfortable when they asked us to say things we didn't want to say and deny other things. Some people asked, you know, were you alone out there? We never gave the real answer, and yet we see things out there, strange things, but we know what we saw out there. And we couldn't really say anything. The bosses were really afraid of this, they were afraid of the War of the Worlds type stuff, and about panic in the streets. So we had to keep quiet. And now we only see these things in our nightmares or maybe in the movies, and some of them are pretty close to being the truth."

It's from the script of a TV comedy show. Great 'documentary evidence'.

edit on 7-10-2013 by JimOberg because: gentler language...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

he even says its not that well known

Dude! That's not what you just posted.

hknudzkknexnt

More detailed information on this topic you can get from a well-known movie called 'Men In Black'

edit on 7-10-2013 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

link   
Hey, I have an idea....

Anyone here know an actual live Russian, who knows Russian ?

link   

I give my apologies for that statement, and if your willing to find more statements i have posted to be from..

comedic intention i would appreciate it if you would bring it to light

and i know that was a reference to being naive, but this is my first long post.. So some info and where i got it was confusing, so in the process of bringing in 'evidence' i brought in more then i intended

sorry.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

HE was talkijng about the russian documentary Men In Black, not a AMERICAN movie

Hate to break it to you...but, no. He was talking about the American movie.

And perhaps you could brush up on sarcasm. It's an effective tool, honestly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join