It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw the weirdest thing at the pizza restaurant....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here's what I saw....

A booth at the restaurant for 4. Mother and father on one side. There mother and father on the other (grandparents). And then there was 2 kids. 1 kid was about 3. He could just barely stand and was just tall enough to grab the table edge and was standing beside the table holding it. Then his big sister who was only about 5 was beside him watching over him and talking to him.

so the parents and grandparents where eating at the table.

So this is what it kinda reminded me of. We're like the 3 year old.
The sister is like the police and many agencies watching over us and telling us what to do.
The parents are maybe like say the g-v
The grandparents are like the next level of g=v
The even above them would be the server, manager, and resturant owner. Again even higher levels of g=v, lets say.

Then at one time one of the parents was feeding the 3 yr old. And I was thinking wow that certainly resembles society on some levels. We're thought of and treated like kids. And we can make the odd noise, almost like we do on this forum. But it doesn't matter. All these people above us are in charge and in control of everything concerning our lives. And we're seemingly helpless and in no situation at all to resist whatever is pushed down or thoats.

It was just a weird analogy that was staring me right in the face as I was eating. It was odd.

edit on 6-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's creepy how true that analogy is...

In this case, the baby is well aware of the "grown up talk".

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
So what to do in such a situation?

Well we could complain. If enough people complain about one particular thing, maybe something at the restaurant will change, but most likely not.

But what if we complain loud enough? We cause everyone in the restaurant to take notice.

"Sorry sir, you are going to have to leave or we will call the authorities."

Even more analogical.

So what is to be done?

Well we rise up and demand changes. We demand to sit at the table with the "grown ups". If they don't let us then we raise our voices. If they try to make us leave we burn the restaurant to the ground and build it back up again.

Yeah. Burn it to the ground. Kick out the old ownership and put in some new ones. Us. The customers. The patrons who are supposed to be served because without us those restaurant owners have nothing.

Maybe one day.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

You need to read 'Animal Farm.' It is a book. It will tell you why your plan may fail.

P

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Animal Farm is an allegorical novella by George Orwell published in England on 17 August 1945. Orwell's is also know for his novel Nineteen Eighty-Four ("1984") book.

There is also an animation film, under the same name, that was sponsored by the CIA...

Animal Farm @ youtube

edit on 7-10-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Um, if you were trying to educate me then I already have that information.

If you just wanted to add the information then thank you. The poster I was replying to probably doesn't need it.

P

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

spartacus699
Here's what I saw....

A booth at the restaurant for 4. Mother and father on one side. There mother and father on the other (grandparents). And then there was 2 kids. 1 kid was about 3. He could just barely stand and was just tall enough to grab the table edge and was standing beside the table holding it. Then his big sister who was only about 5 was beside him watching over him and talking to him.

so the parents and grandparents where eating at the table.

So this is what it kinda reminded me of. We're like the 3 year old.
The sister is like the police and many agencies watching over us and telling us what to do.
The parents are maybe like say the g-v
The grandparents are like the next level of g=v
The even above them would be the server, manager, and resturant owner. Again even higher levels of g=v, lets say.

Then at one time one of the parents was feeding the 3 yr old. And I was thinking wow that certainly resembles society on some levels. We're thought of and treated like kids. And we can make the odd noise, almost like we do on this forum. But it doesn't matter. All these people above us are in charge and in control of everything concerning our lives. And we're seemingly helpless and in no situation at all to resist whatever is pushed down or thoats.

It was just a weird analogy that was staring me right in the face as I was eating. It was odd.

edit on 6-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

I can agree to some extent.

Usually the parents don't ever tell them the truth behind anything. If something bad happens they usually come up with an alternative explanation. It's like the child wouldn't be able to handle, or even understand what happened, so they usually come up with a more dumbed down explanation.

I'll give a age old example. I'm sure you've all heard this before. "Mommy, where do babies come from?"
Usually parents don't even go into detail on how the reproduction process goes, so they usually say something simple like, "A stork flew down and gave it to us." Or "God blessed us with it son."
Or at least something similar to that.

And this trait seems to be huge between us and government. They seem to think like we grown adults just couldn't handle any truth they may give us. They just give us a more simpler, distorted explanation instead.

I guess it's true what they say; Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Pretty spot on spartacus!!

It gets eerie when one of them buck the system tho!!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Great analogy. Because the mean intellect of society can be accurately described as being that of a three year old. Most people need someone to watch out for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

That was a very interesting analogy! AND seemingly true.

top topics

join