It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are only two super geniuses of science that I am aware of

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

This is a sample of the talent coming from
Milburn & Vigota, a married team of
composers.

They have several awards for Stage,
play, and Disney songs they have
written.

Mike

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Ken Clements and Nerida Ellerton

they found new insight into a teenage Abraham Lincoln’s arithmetic skills, by connecting the dots on two pages of Abe’s 1825 math workbook, and that's where they found each other.

Married Prophesors behind Lincoln discovery share more than math

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
In this ATS thread I was surprised to see some of the reactions.

ATS: I'm such a proud Mum... my son has made his first hunting vid

People came in and immediately started trying to shame hunters.

My only response to their inane emotionality is...
you know hunting is something couples can do together well, and
if the academic institutions and learned elders you seem to listen
too were actually doing their jobs, people would already know
that the entire history of couples, and relationships, may be
tied directly to the history of getting food as a team.

In one's efforts to sound enlightened, don't make the
mistake of coming off as anti human.

Mike

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Everything in modern pop culture, business, insurance, and law; is designed to discourage loving couples creating together.

Sprint argued that Ms. Whitfield retained an interest in the patent rights even after the divorce and, without Ms. Whitfield's support, Enovsys lacked standing.

patentlyo.com / Divorce and Patents

It would make married inventors virtually unemployable. Why? Why are business and law in collusion against love & science.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 10-3-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Being married scientists has its advantages, Choe said. Among other things, it makes conversation easy.

“It’s very convenient for us because, even though I haven’t really calculated it, I think one-third of conversation is still about our work – it used to be more,” she said. “The fact that we can talk about it freely without worrying about the other person not understanding is really good. Other people say you should never marry a person with the same profession but it worked out wonderfully for us.”

palm beach civic . org / Married to Science and each other

edit on 11-3-2016 by mikegrouchy because: spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

‘Crelly’

Elly and Chris- better known as “Crelly” to their friends are another Biomedical Science love story. After speaking over social media sites and their course Facebook page over the summer, both of them had set eyes on one another before even moving to uni.

After meeting in person in Freshers’ week, it came as no shock that the spark ignited. After taking a drunken friend home early one night, the spark turned into a flame as they continued drinking vodka shots and star-gazing in Ranmoor Village, before heading back to Plug. There the flame evolved into fireworks as they danced and frolicked until the early hours.

Elly doesn’t only credit Chris for good looks and how sweet he is, but also marvels at his “bacon-making skills” and “how good he looks in an army uniform”. Asking Chris what his plans are for “Crelly” on V-Day: “That is a secret, but it is all planned and truly very romantic.”

the tap . com / uk / meet first year power couples

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Ice Cube celebrates the Eames.

An Architecture couple.

Did you know Ice Cube studied Architectural Drafting before he entered rap?

I didn't.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: alfa1

Do the Curie's not count, specifically Marie?

ERRRRR NO, he said geniuses

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Together they have knitted and crocheted about 90 mathematical afghans (math-ghans?). Since each afghan takes about 100 hours to complete, this means the total time spent they have spent making them is about 9,000 hours (which adds up to 375 days - more than a year). And they have also made many other mathematical objects in wool.

Steve Plummer and Pat Ashforth have been knitting and crocheting mathematical images and objects for more than two decades.

“We always tried to make sure that knitting was not seen as a female activity and Steve always knits at any event to emphasise the point,” says Ashforth. “We find more reluctance from women who say they can’t do maths than from men who say they can’t knit.”

the guardian / uk / meet the mathekniticians
edit on 23-12-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Michaël Samyn and Auriea Harvey

A Married Couple that has sex and makes games about it.

"We had a great experience at GDC where we had the four controller version [of Luxuria Superbia]," Auriea says, "and there were three other people who were all playing together on the last circular level. Everybody was working really hard, and I joined to help, and they were like 'we can't get the thing to finish, we've been doing this for ten minutes and our fingers are getting tired!' And I was like okay everybody, just pick a direction, and go there, and don't move. All four of us were there not moving, and all of a sudden the thing went [hand gesture] and started like, coming, and we were just like 'HOLD IT HOLD IT HOLD IT YEAH DON'T MOVE DON'T MOVE OKAY' and we were all just standing there like… 'Yes yes yes yes yes…'"

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

He said, “Well, I wanted to be president.” He said, “I really did, but my wife told me I was too brash and too bright, that America wouldn’t put up with me.” He said, “You know what, I listened to her.” And then she was watching the burning down of Baltimore, she was watching the riots on television and she got a word—sometimes God speaks to you and you don’t have to be a Christian for God to talk to you; God spoke to Pilate’s wife and said, “Be careful what you do with this man”—and she said, “Donald, if you run now, you’ll become president.”

And he was eating dinner and he said, “What? Wait a second.” He put the thing on mute. He said, “What did you just say?” She said, “Now.” Because he was debating on signing on for “The Apprentice” for another season. And she said, “If you run now, you will be president.” He said, “Why? What’s changed? You said I’m too brash.” She said, “No, no, no. They’ve changed. America’s changed. They’re ready for you now. They’ll push past the packaging. They’ll get your heart. They’ll hear you.” That was the moment he said to call Michael Cohen. He said, “Cancel ‘The Apprentice,’ I’m filing for presidency.” And he decided to run. It was his wife—his wife that pushed him over the edge.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My vote goes to James Clerk Maxwell. His equations gathered from experiments with little bits of wire and wood and iron filings are the basis of most of modern physics.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how modern times seem to be devoid of exceptional individuals?

I'm not suggesting there aren't any. I'm saying that our collectivist media rarely goes out of it's way to spotlight these people. Certainly there have been many who deserved more recognition than they got. But their names are mostly blotted out by the names of the organizations and companies they worked for.

I think people like Einstein are hard to top because they made observations of the most basic things that can be observed by human minds.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join