It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over a million stars?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
As far as I am aware (from my position as a lowly normal mod) this issue has been noticed and is being looked into.

There is no suggestion of hacking or anything like that, just some bug ironing out that needs to be got to.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

It is a wonk in the matrix and you are anything but "lowly" Mr. Spanners.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Goes over and looks into Members With Good Standing page.

My God, it's full of stars.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by khimbar

Some look at the world and see cheaters prospering and having a grand old time ..living the high life and thinking (very ignorantly) that there is never a piper to pay, let alone a price to be levied.

I look at the world and I see those people too....I also look at the world and see the absolute grinding poverty that makes the WORST of our Western Society look like life fit for Royalty and Kingdoms.

You know what I really see? I see the first group earning their place into the SECOND group when next they come to live in this world of ours. Reincarnation is a theory to some, a joke to others. It's flat accepted fact in my mind and so is their fate.

Live it up I say.... Karmic justice is worse than any Courtroom can dispense and there is no technicality or appeal to mitigate it. Oh yes.. Party hardy. We won't see those pigs again in a position to matter for a long time ...in the true sense.

Then we'll agree to disagree.

I don't believe in karma, reincarnation or any such thing. I'm not sure how this makes anyone ignorant though?

There are people who sleep like babies, on beds made of money, who have got their fortunes by killing others. There are people who will live and die, wealthy beyond measure, because of who their parents are. Their are people who this night will spend more than others earn in a lifetime on one single meal.

Nothing will judge them, in this life or the non existent next. They will die fat, happy and laughing.

edit on k105310bamMon, 07 Oct 2013 10:53:22 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's my fault. I was at work, late at night, and bored out of my mind so I was playing a game with myself, to see how many stars I could give in a limited span of time.

I got really into it and just kept going, trying to break record after record.

And then my finger fell off.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Springer
reply to post by davespanners

It is a wonk in the matrix and you are anything but "lowly" Mr. Spanners.

Every time i see the above, my mind sees "lovely" instead of "lowly". At first I was gonna say I couldn't agree more....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I only recognize a few names from that list. The first was 12m8keall2c. Most of those members are not even active anymore?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Perhaps we should have a 'share the wealth' system with the stars.
Take from those greedy corporate-types with millions of stars.
(they just stole them from others who actually did the work for the stars anyways)
Give the stars to those poor lowly newbies ... make them feel good about
themselves without them having to work for the stars.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

ChuckNasty
reply to post by winofiend

The script hack was a gamer based one.

Hella easy to do a few years back..not so easy now.

Html5 has its flaws...only a matter of time before the hack is reborn.

BTW, your one liners are funny as fuke.

'The databases is full of stars' ...f me I'm getting old.

Haha you're both hysterical as hell lol and informative. I never thought board business could be this fun. I applaud you and give you 1 star each. I wouldn't want to be blamed for anything beyond what's fair... It's the karma thing that scares me lol thank-you again ;0)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Junkheap
Goes over and looks into Members With Good Standing page.

My God, it's full of stars.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I want a million stars..

Can I get a million stars?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Will banned members show up on that list?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Dont kill the goose that lays,golden eggs. how do i sign up for these stars from god?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
In order for someone to get that many stars besides a technical glitch would most likely be through an cross-site (XSS) injection, particularly during transitioning moments from beta to released websites. You would take for example this form that I'm typing from and modify the _javascript or what have you to run an off-site script which injects data into the database. If you didn't want to get caught, I'm guessing first downloading member usernames and id's whom are still active (less than 30 days ago since last login) and then inject into the stars table a randomly generated star-count list.

This would only work if there is enough active members (or if that person used inactive members as well) to star that many times because quite frankly ATS is not THAT popular (although a ridiculous amount of people know about it). Another way it could work is if ATS does not check to verify if there are duplicates, or if it's supposed to, then perhaps it doesn't anymore?

ATS uses strings in the URI which can be dangerous, but an SQL injection through it seems very unlikely since the site admin seems to know what they are doing for the most part. But generally speaking, no website is safe from anyone that is determined and they are just stars. What matters most is how you contribute to the site and how others benefit from your contributions.

And if you're wondering why would I reveal this information? The answer is simple. Anyone that is unfamiliar to these methods will have a ridiculously hard time figuring it all out. You don't have to just learn one programming language but many and then you need to learn their vulnerabilities, common and not-so-common mistakes and so forth which can all be Googled. If I ever get bored and want to test the integrity of the site I'll send a PM to the site admin requesting permission and provide that info privately. And from my understanding of the rules, if you ever find a vulnerability, tell a mod that you found one and not the forums.

Al Gore, inventor of the Internet is serial about this.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

lucidclouds
Will banned members show up on that list?

I'm pretty sure that they do not. The list says 'members in good standing'.
You USED to be able to see all the banned people. I don't see them now.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Wow, didn't know that the early members could claim early on readers. So many have fallen to the side due to lack of "Flags and Stars" for their threads. Is there a link to explain how this works?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Nyiah
I see several all the way in to the billions, such as:

250,127,921,136 stars? LOL, I think it's safe to say it's a huge glitch rather than someone actually has 250 billion+ stars accumulated.

Oh! Ha ha! Thanks! Man... I thought for a minute that A.T.S. must have been a way happening site back in the early 2000's, with people getting tens of thousands of stars per thread.

Thanks everyone, coming back to check on this thread made me laugh.
edit on 11-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
not sure if anyone else has brought this up, i did do a quick search

it seems like i can give multiple stars. i'm not sure how long i could do this because I have been trying not too.

am i missing something or is this a glitch?

(ahh,i see the question has already been answered just below, thank you.)
edit on 11-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: i see

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

GoShredAK
not sure if anyone else has brought this up, i did do a quick search

it seems like i can give multiple stars. i'm not sure how long i could do this because I have been trying not too.

am i missing something or is this a glitch?
edit on 11-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

You can't give multiple stars. If you "re-star" a post, when you refresh that star disappears.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
They are cheaters.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join