It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over a million stars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I ran into someone's profile with a WATS index of over 1,000 and over 1 million stars. Looking at the members page, some members have up to 27 million stars. How does that even work? Was the website more frequented in the past?

-darkbake

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Can you list an example?

Seems odd, more like a glitch.

P

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
27,932 091 stars - that's the top one

It's obviously a glitch, I'm sure that it is being addressed.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
He's right. There are members with stars into the millions.

I'm sure Skeptic is aware of it, and working on it. Gotta give the man credit. He's poured a lot of himself into this. It will all work out.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have billions of them...ya just can't see because of my silly Avi

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I see several all the way in to the billions, such as:

250,127,921,136 stars? LOL, I think it's safe to say it's a huge glitch rather than someone actually has 250 billion+ stars accumulated.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Script hack with developer mode is the likely cause.

True star whores ratios are believable.... 1200 stars per post with a normal amount of flag/post ratio....yeah, hackzors they are.

Look at phage... His ratio is believable.. His comments....fueled by that 155 IQ of his.
edit on 6-10-2013 by ChuckNasty because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

They fixed the hack BTW.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

ChuckNasty
Script hack with developer mode is the likely cause.

True star whores ratios are believable.... 1200 stars per post with a normal amount of flag/post ratio....yeah, hackzors they are.

Look at phage... His ratio is believable.. His comments....fueled by that 155 IQ of his.
edit on 6-10-2013 by ChuckNasty because: spelling

I don't see how a script would work. The forums know who starred what, you can't star a post multiple times even if you log out and back in.

So any script would need to assume a new users identity, which.. well that's a lot more involved and noticeable from an admin point of view.

I dunno. someone will tell me something I don't understand in all this new age shenanigans and everything will continue to be as it is.

But unless I am entirely wrong about how the star/flag system works, even with developer mode in ff you can't trick the database to accept things it cannot accept.

The databases... it's full of stars..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

They fixed the hack BTW.

You're takling to yourself. You can't do that. It's illegal.

Is there a link to a thread that discusses it? I'd be interested in the background.

Whats the bet tho it was SO on a bender dishing out stars to random people and when he sobered up he realised how bad it looked and just went with "oh some script hack.. I've fixed it now." as he crawled back to his hammock.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

winofiend

ChuckNasty

They fixed the hack BTW.

You're takling to yourself. You can't do that. It's illegal.

Is there a link to a thread that discusses it? I'd be interested in the background.

Whats the bet tho it was SO on a bender dishing out stars to random people and when he sobered up he realised how bad it looked and just went with "oh some script hack.. I've fixed it now." as he crawled back to his hammock.

Lol - true statement.

But I never sober up...should 'we' give you a few more stars as well??

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

It's not the stars you should be having a look at it's the new Karma score. It's very very suspect.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Cheaters never prosper.

That's all I have to say.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

The script hack was a gamer based one.

Hella easy to do a few years back..not so easy now.

Html5 has its flaws...only a matter of time before the hack is reborn.

BTW, your one liners are funny as fuke.

'The databases is full of stars' ...f me I'm getting old.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

When you get to 17 trillion stars, it takes .50 cents off the national debt I heard somewhere, so perhaps they do count for something.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Cheaters never prosper.

That's all I have to say.

One only has to look at the world to see how untrue that is.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Some look at the world and see cheaters prospering and having a grand old time ..living the high life and thinking (very ignorantly) that there is never a piper to pay, let alone a price to be levied.

I look at the world and I see those people too....I also look at the world and see the absolute grinding poverty that makes the WORST of our Western Society look like life fit for Royalty and Kingdoms.

You know what I really see? I see the first group earning their place into the SECOND group when next they come to live in this world of ours. Reincarnation is a theory to some, a joke to others. It's flat accepted fact in my mind and so is their fate.

Live it up I say.... Karmic justice is worse than any Courtroom can dispense and there is no technicality or appeal to mitigate it. Oh yes.. Party hardy. We won't see those pigs again in a position to matter for a long time ...in the true sense.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Full Member Listing by Number of Stars

Yep. Totally messed up.
These folks must have copy stars dumping into their star accounts or something.
It's pretty wild.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Obviously a glitch, eh? There is no way some guy named Brad with all of 2 threads in history has more stars than all of site admin combined. lol....

It's a weird glitch tho. There seems to be little pattern to members, staff, admin or who is strikes.

Of course..none of us mere mortals got hit with the Super-Star stick. lol

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
my understanding:

ATS 5/3 included a formula to "correct" the stars not received by early members, before the star system went in place.

I think it still needs inkering. But who am I to complain..i still haven't finished the things I have committed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join