It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have fun on your Bug-Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Talk about your lightweight all terrain mode of transportation.

Would love to see specs on it, I could see lots of applications and uses for it.

I want one.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I see a guy carrying a bike around a lot. Doesn't seem too much more versatile than a motocross bike only with probably worse gas mileage due to size of tires.

Here's what I'd think of an all terrain bike looking like.

thekneeslider.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

OrphanApology

I see a guy carrying a bike around a lot. Doesn't seem too much more versatile than a motocross bike only with probably worse gas mileage due to size of tires.

thekneeslider.com...

Its pretty, but not practical. Doubt you could break that one down and put back together in about 20 minutes.

In times of need, simple is usually better.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

TwiTcHomatic

OrphanApology

thekneeslider.com...

Its pretty, but not practical. Doubt you could break that one down and put back together in about 20 minutes.

In times of need, simple is usually better.

Yes, and the regular sized tires would function on the same level if not better.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Now find a way to silence it out past about 25 yards. If you can do that, so pretty much just the sound of breaking twigs and maybe the slightest little rumble can be heard? You'll be the Bill Gates of bug-out bikes.

Otherwise, in a real SHTF situation? I'm thinking back to our Ice Storm in 2007 here and sound carries a long way in a dead city. Every Bubba with their blaster will be out to take whatever engine 'thingy' is out there making noise. At least in some areas, and by the time someone would really need one of those for a bug out? That would be pretty close I think. Silence would be more than golden.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Yes, this is not really practical.

If you want to know what an actual SHTF scenario is like and what you have to do and need to survive, here is a great interview with a Bosnia survivor who actually lived through it.

Should be required for any person concerned that those events may happen here and what they can be expected to run across.

learnhowtobeprepared.com...-Ul

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Not for nothing.... but I thought the guy's car looked almost like it could fit in the bag too!
I like it.

We bought my daughter a small dirt bike when she was younger that was smaller than that (2x). We couldn't break it down like that. (I mean we could have, but then it would have been on to Sanford & Son afterwards) It would carry my husband (350lbs) fairly easily. He wasn't jumping or pretending to be Carey Hart but it would pull him easily through almost any terrain. Maybe something for you guys to look into if you are seriously wanting something teeny tiny. It was really no bigger than a toddler's training bike.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Cool little bike, looks like fun to play with. Agreed though on the practicality of it being of limited use in a SHTF scenario. Warning to anyone about to watch the vid, turn yer speakers down a bit.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

That's really interesting, thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

TwiTcHomatic
www.liveleak.com...

Talk about your lightweight all terrain mode of transportation.

Would love to see specs on it, I could see lots of applications and uses for it.

I want one.

Looks pretty similar to a Rokon.
www.rokon.com...

new topics

top topics

join