It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

legalize gay marriage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

superman2012
I'm afraid of gay marriage, that's why I'm not getting gay married!

Then you might want to consider changing out of that Superman suit.

j/k

Gay marriage? - meh, they're welcome to pay an additional $7,000 in penalties under the ACA.
Go for it.

Exactly! Why should they have all the fun!? Get married settle down and welcome to reality gay people. You have my blessing (for what it's worth) to become married and "enjoy" everything that comes with marriage! lol

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
reply to post by whiteblack

no the gay adgenda is a plan made to divide us even further than we all ready are. It has nothing to do with human rights or depopulation. If they want to depopulate us they have so many other ways to do it

Ill start a list everybody add to it

1.GMOS

I'll tell ya doc, if the "gay agenda' is to divide us, then I'm all for it.

It keeps the slow ignorant folk with god on their shoulders in an open and clear corner, and the rest of sane normal society, that believes in tolerance and acceptance, in the other corner.

All good. I prefer to not be around ignorant people who believe in faery tales when those folk would discriminate againt people they don't even know.

I say that, I'd accept their views if they didn't impact on others. Do as thou wilt, and all..

edit on 6-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by whiteblack

Your a Christian and think homosexuality is ok?

What you mean is you are religious just like the ones Jesus condemned in his day as being whitewashed walls. There is no compromise. It doesn't mean you hate them, but in the same way you accept a thief but not his constant refusal to stop stealing, you do not accept homosexuality as normal because next step is legalizing sex with animals. Don't laugh, we did about homosexuality in 1970 !

Are you saying you want to have sex with animals and that if gay marriage was legal, you'd be too scared to own a goat?

Man, well.. if you wanna screw a goat, go for it. I'm eating a cow.. I'm sure the cow is getting a worse off deal.

... the stupidity hurts around here at times.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Anyway I hate marriage.

Everyone I meet in the real world these days is, or has been, married. And it's marred them.

It gets in the way of snuggles.

Instead of legalising gay marriage, lets outlaw all marriage. Bugger it - no pun intended - it's an out dated scam to enslave both males and females.

Snuggle who you like. Let the constraints of society wither away like the oppressive shackles that they are.

Think aboutit.... Is GOD married? Ha.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
With respect to the matter of legalizing and recognizing same-sex marriages in the United States, I must agree with the Great Texas Sage and Philosopher Kinky Friedman.

This great sage once espoused this belief:

I support gay marriage. I believe they have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us.

Some of the benefits of being married:
- Filing taxes jointly.
- Spousal rights with respect to health and welfare decisions.
- Can receive insurance coverage from their partner's employee benefits.
- Recognized as having a valid life-partnership.

Some of the drawbacks:
- YOU'RE MARRIED!
I'll let those of us who have fallen victim to the curse of "till death do you part" fill in the rest of the bad parts.

Dex

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm a long time lurker but just had to respond to this with a short story about something I did a few years ago. First off let me state up front I admit I am a hypocrite, in that I want things here on earth to be a good place for all to live but on the other hand I've come to HATE so much all the hateful evil people in the world that I contradict myself a lot. Also flames will be used to roast marshmallows and ignored, while calm, intelligent disagreement will be welcomed by me.

So that said here's my tale.

A few years ago a co worker of mine was crowing in glee about how prop 8 here in CA was going to "stop all those disgusting heathen sinners" (You can guess where her 'tude was coming from yeah?) and on and on for about 5 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore.

I walked up to her and informed her she was a hypocrite and had no right to be so gleeful about depriving consenting adults the right to be married and be happy just like she was. She spluttered a bit and asked me what I meant, so I pointed out to her she was a hypocrite at least 3 times over, I told her (I didn't get into ALL the atrocities just the highlights specific to her)

1) You are a woman and as recent as 1920 you weren't even allowed to vote(among other nasty things done to women) by ignorant people just like you.

2) You are black and as recent as a 148 years ago you would have been a slave owned by people as ignorant as you.

and 3) you are married to a white man and as recent as 1967 you would have been arrested or hung or god knows what all for wanting "TO BE HAPPILY MARRIED TO THE PERSON YOU LOVE."

I said, "If it wasn't for people like me who feel that everyone on the planet should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as long as they "Do harm to none" You wouldn't be a successful business woman married to a really nice guy, who was allowed to vote for such a disgusting bill in the first place."

She sputtered some more and said "But those evil f****ts (I kid you not she said just that) ARE harming me!!! It's against god and evil and will ruin us all!!!"

I just looked at her and said "Seriously? If your little book says all that I think given the 3 reasons I just told you and more that I didn't, that you need to rethink your stance on your god and "his" book, or if you truly believe that book to the letter, you'd better divorce your husband, put yourself up for sale and never vote again cause god was used in all those instances to validate those practices which were even more evil and ignorant than disallowing consenting adults to have a happy life just like you with the person or persons they love. Cause if love is now evil we ARE all doomed."

There was more but that is the gist of it. If you have an issue with gay "marriage" call it a civil union or come up with something cute, I don't care, but seriously everyone needs to get off their high horse and quit following exactly what TPTB want you to do by hating and judging and bullying each other to keep us all distracted from the real horrors being committed against ALL of us.

I used to be SO angry at everything that's been happening in our world, but now I'm just tired of it. I'll just be me and help who I can and enjoy each day till the SHTF and then I'll take some of em with me when they come for me heh. No concentration camps for me thanks.

Lil (Waits for the flames...sigh)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
medical grade gay marriage is all the rage now

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
To be honest it should never be a discussion, i Am Gay but i am Human, you are Straight but you are Human, we should all get equal treatment because we are Humans

My sexuality should not limit my freedom

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dont you think this is what they want us to do?

Argue whos who, then we are so busy argueing about that, they quietly take things, or pass things under the radar?

I think we need not continue with this and realize that the gov. is stripping us of our rights.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here is my two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

I do not believe the government should be involved at all with marriages. Marriage is a rite, a religious ceremony. The fact the the government "licenses" it or controls it in any way is absurd.

Now, the government may want to establish certain benefits for couples and households. That's fine. Regulate away. License domestic partnerships, household contracts, whatever. Just don't call it marriage—that's not for government to define.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

AnonymousCitizen
Here is my two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

I do not believe the government should be involved at all with marriages. Marriage is a rite, a religious ceremony. The fact the the government "licenses" it or controls it in any way is absurd.

Now, the government may want to establish certain benefits for couples and households. That's fine. Regulate away. License domestic partnerships, household contracts, whatever. Just don't call it marriage—that's not for government to define.

I couldn't agree more.
Government needs to step out of the way and let people be happy so long as nobody else is harmed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join