It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amber alert website down due to government shutdown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"The Amber alert system, the national missing-child warning program, has been shut off due to the government shutdown, according to the Department of Justice."

washingtonexaminer.com...

This is quite astounding in my opinion. Of all things to not consider essential, this is one?

I guess even at risk children do not matter anymore.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Anything to put the pressure on the people

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Well their text alerts are working. When I checked my phone upon waking up there was an Amber Alert. I wasn't able to do anything on my phone til I clicked "ok" to basically say I saw it.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There was one yesterday afternoon in Florida.
When did they shut it down?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm sure any parents who would have been in dire need of that system will understand how Holder sees it as non-essential to let roll under the bus of political need.

Wow... Pain moves to actual risk to life and limb. This isn't funny and this is Executive branch discretion. It's horrible.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

JBA2848
There was one yesterday afternoon in Florida.
When did they shut it down?

After searching around for a bit, I am only seeing reports of it from today. So either nobody noticed it before.. or it happened sometime within about the last 6-7 hours.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is horrible
I would think this would be considered an essential service. Even weather.gov is still operational.

People can easily get weather forecasts from other sources, yet somehow it's still more important than missing children?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
it was reported on brit television today that 400.000 people will be going back to work in the states as they redifined non essential workers

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Don't worry.

All essential Government functions are still operating as intended. We are still bombing brown people, spying on our citizens and protecting the politicians and their families.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Appears states are still doing there end. So is the media and radio stations. All that site did was put all the states together on one page. And the are just doing a redirect. The site is still there. More games by our government.

edit on 6-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I see www.amberalert.com... is still up, I'm not sure exactly how the two are related or if the .com is owned and operated by .gov. Did you get your text alert from the .com or the .gov site?

Still extremely disgusting. What kind of twisted person does this?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

And most importantly - Michelle's Let's Move website is up and running!

www.letsmove.gov...

edit on 6-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Maluhia

And most importantly - Michelle's Let's Move website is up and running!

www.letsmove.gov...

Cause it would be hell to pay if that site went down..

It is all a game to these people. We should start playing chess with them instead of losing at checkers.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I figured I'd see some cheering in this thread. More federal functions shut down! Stopping $600 billion being spent by shutting down the government was what the Tea Party wanted, isn't it?

I don't remember seeing anything about the federal government being allowed to take over all communications in the constitution. This is a states rights issue!

Serious comment: The state websites still work, I have no idea what role amberalert.gov plays.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

If it makes you feel any better the website hasn't been updated since September 30, the day before the shutdown. The Facebook page also has the following message:

Due to Congress’s failure to pass legislation to fund the government, this account will be inactive. For additional information, visit WhiteHouse.gov...

Health and Human Services

Due to the lapse in government funding, only web sites supporting excepted functions will be updated unless otherwise funded. As a result, the information on this website may not be up to date, the transactions submitted via the website may not be processed, and the agency may not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted.

US Department of Agriculture

Due to the lapse in federal government funding, this website is not available.

US Department of Education

Thank you for visiting ED.gov. Due to a lack of appropriations effective October 1, ED activities have been curtailed and most employees are on furlough. ED.gov will not be updated during the shutdown. Updates will resume and ED will return to normal operations as soon as funding is restored.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Thanks for that info, BUT, it's still interesting that its available at all (as opposed to the amber alert site) and not stamped with "Due to the lapse......." like so many of the others!
edit on 6-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Our megalomaniac-in-chief strikes again!

2nd

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Well as long as we're not sending Red people down trails or dropping napalm on yellow people, right? Brown people are the ones we can bomb with reckless abandon for this decade? As long as one group is left for it, I suppose.

I swear it almost has become that arbitrary. After Al Shish Ka-Bob has gotten active in Somalia? It'll be back to black people soon and we'll have come full circle outside Natives.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
We can pay for guards to keep war veterans and other civilians out of national memorials, but we can't afford to keep the amber alert site going?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The Feds shut down the Amber Alert website...but keep open Michele Obama's 'Let's Move' website; lovely.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join