It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds close popular memorials, leave little-known sites open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The closing of Federal tourist attractions are not being done across the board. The popular sites are closed but the not so popular sites are being left open.

Source

The below link is an interactive map of what is and isn't closed.

Map

Yesterday, the Obama Administration began selectively erecting barricades to keep visitors, including large groups of World War II veterans, from visiting popular monuments such as the World War II Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and the National Mall.

However, the Obama Administration is applying this policy inconsistently and choosing which memorials to block off and which to keep open. While these popular monuments remain barricaded, other U.S. Park properties such as the Constitutional Gardens and Japanese Americans Memorial remain completely open.

It actually cost more money to close off an open air 24/7 monument then it does to keep it open. This is not about budget or a shut down, it's about payback and to take it out on the population.

UPDATE

A pic of what they did at Mount Rushmore:

Rushmore blockage stirs anger in S.D.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wonder if this new found spite for the American people he's experiencing means the National Christmas Tree is off this year? Hmm... It almost sounds silly to ask compared to more serious things like the World War II vets memorial, while old vets are there to see it. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me to see happen despite being ..somehow unthinkable.

'tis the season for things we aren't used to seeing.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Besides being insulting and not financially excusable, it sounds suspiciously like this may have something to do with federal unions but, I don't really know.
edit on 6-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Erecting barricades on open-air monuments, etc with NO facilities or services should infuriate anyone with eyes to see. This is absolutely ridiculous. It's a slap in the face and kick in rump that they can do what they want because it's "federal" and people go along with it as if they're cripple. See the couple evicted from their OWN home because it is on federal land. See the closure of Florida Bay—an expanse of open ocean—to fisheries because it's federal.

And as long as we bend and submit to this nonsense they will realize that they CAN, and they will keep taking, and flexing their muscles.

When will people put their foot down, having enough?

Not as long as they have their BS TV, American Idol, not as long as their lives are not DIRECTLY affected.

It starts on the outskirts and moves inward to encompass more, until it affects almost EVERY life.

When will people actually DO something about this utter madness?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The whole thing is a PSYOPs.

It's nazification.

The entire Obama administration has gone wild.

They are jealous extremists.

They hold grudges for every single little nit picky thing when they can't get their way.

This is only the beginning. Wait for the next major defeat.

Then look out.

These people are not kidding.

It's much more dangerous than many are taking it for.

Watch for an *incident* that involves crowds getting shot because of an over-reaction.

Sour Grapes Stains the Drapes.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I wonder if this new found spite for the American people he's experiencing means the National Christmas Tree is off this year? Hmm...

no pardon for the turkey this year either.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
One: Planning takes time

Two: Planning takes time

Three: In order to effectively do what they are doing, they have to have planned this. There are countless sites run by the government, to organize this kind of closure to make a point takes planning - this can't be done overnight.

Four: The made for TV images of congressman running off to deal with the "shutdown" are not consistent with this kind of planning.

Five: People you know, your friends and family, are the ones who are executed the orders. You have friends, loved ones, who do as they are told. And it would seem they were told to make things difficult for many of their friends and family.

Six: If you haven't figured out the government works in its own way, on its own time, for its own goals by now, you'll never get it. These are games, games, little boys games, and they are playing with real living game avatars. That thought alone makes me feel warm and tingly inside.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

xuenchen

It's nazification.

You lose

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Metaphysique

Wrabbit2000
I wonder if this new found spite for the American people he's experiencing means the National Christmas Tree is off this year? Hmm...

no pardon for the turkey this year either.

I could just see Obama declaring it a Republican Turkey before sticking it's little head into a custom made guillotine for the occasion. ssssssssschop! Dinner in 8 hours.

top topics

join