It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13000 Year Old Satellite. The Full Story Behind the Black Knight.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I truly believe that the photo's from NASA are what they say they are, debris, it does however make me wonder how we do stuff in space as there seems to be a million and one bits of missions just tumbling in space because of lack of care.

But back on topic, the pictures may be debris but what they found is 1960 seems to be real, if we as a people did not have the ability at that time to put this up then who did and where is it now?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by VoidHawk

They look exactly the same.

When you watched that video to get the screen grab did you notice the thermal cover was rotating? Or did you purposely choose a frame where it was at a different angle than your BN (BK?) photo.

LOL well that's embarrassing...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

pikestaff
Er, I thought satellites orbits decayed unless they had fuel onbord to power the positioning rockets? 13,000 years worth of fuel? With the Earths atmosphere increasing in height, would not the drag from the air force the Black Night into lower and lower orbits? and an eventual decay to a streak of plasma?

They do, but it would be possible - though unlikely - to make a satellite that could stay up for that long. The trouble is the amount of fuel/delta-v involved. From a 1960's point of view, it would be nigh impossible to put something up there for that long, due to only having chemical rockets.
Nowadays, with the advent of plasma thrusters delivering tiny thrust over long periods of time, it would be more possible. It is conceivable that other propulsion methods could be used to station keep for even longer time periods, but then the problem becomes one of weight.

First, you need it to keep being powered for the 13000 years (quite a feat), and second you need the fuel to keep it up there. And the more fuel you have, the more fuel you need to keep that fuel there as well. This results in the craft getting heavier and heavier until it gets so large as to be impractical. One must also wonder about why anyone would want to keep a single satellite up for that long as well - such a timeframe could easily get an Orion nuclear pulse craft to another star system.

BTW, my opinion on an unpowered satellite staying up there, is that it would be nigh impossible.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

dlbott

gortex
reply to post by purplemer

I hate to rain on your parade purplemer but the object in the image has been shown to be a thermal cover lost on the sts88 mission .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

We should know for sure soon. Someone launched new mission to collect space junk, want to say swedes, but not sure. As they collect this junk we shall know what the black knight is.

The Bot

No one has yet launched a space mission to collect space junk! Where did you get this info from?
The only planned mission of this sort and scale is scheduled for 2018...!!!

SPACE

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

purplemer
original post

Look, the black knight satellite is a really interesting topic, and one that deserves more research applied as it represents something that is potentially within reach.

However, the story presented here seems incredibly contrived, and stuff like the tenuous link to Tesla involvement reads like an embellishment tacked on to add some sort of substance to the story (hint: it actually contributes towards ruining the case when trying to glue together unrelated items into the 1 story).

Don't see why it cant be left at "there's a possibility that there could be an artificial satellite up there with an unknown source, and wouldn't it be great if more work was done to prove whether or not this is the case, and if it is, how to bring it down", as opposed to simply trying to build up a legend to the point that it loses credibility?

Edit: post 2 on the thread (that will teach me to read a thread more fully before commenting) pretty much covers the point I was going for. Doesn't mean there isn't something, but the subject of satellites of unknown origin turns to garbage when you throw it all into a meat grinder and expect it to come out as a single tasty meal.
edit on 7-10-2013 by InsertNameHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Every year on ATS, there is a "new" black knight thread, always making it to the front page..

I guess Mods get lazy? Do one ATS search on "black Knight" and many threads pop up over the past several years..

This site is becoming the lamest "alternative news" site on the internet.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Thanks for going to the trouble. Saved me the time. However, even though the object is exactly the same, people still want to believe. There is something wrong with the homo sapien brain that prevents it from seeing reality. It seems that survival depends on humanity lying to itself. At least that's how we've evolved. However, it could be that those who lied to themselves killed the ones who didn't.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
First time I hear about the 'Black Knight'.
Thank you for sharing! Good post.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

UnknownEntity

dlbott

gortex
reply to post by purplemer

I hate to rain on your parade purplemer but the object in the image has been shown to be a thermal cover lost on the sts88 mission .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

We should know for sure soon. Someone launched new mission to collect space junk, want to say swedes, but not sure. As they collect this junk we shall know what the black knight is.

The Bot

No one has yet launched a space mission to collect space junk! Where did you get this info from?
The only planned mission of this sort and scale is scheduled for 2018...!!!

SPACE

The Swiss announced recently that they were designing/building a 'collector' satellite.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I only recently became aware and interested in this subject.

S&F for the presentation.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have never come across this before, but most interesting, will look into it a bit more.........cheers

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sure, there are several threads on said subject. However, there are hundreds of new members each year who HAVE NOT HEARD of the black knight. I for one am one of those people, additionally, who did not even think to search for anything with those key words in it.

When I think of the black knight, I THINK OF BATMAN!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by JimOberg

He could have typed Black Knight Satellite into the search box, it would have brought up the thread from a few months ago. www.abovetopsecret.com...

What makes you think he used the search function?

There seems to be a lot of negative people on here, pent up with people not using the search function or posting supposidly duplicate threads, this sort of holier than thou attitude really gets on my goat.

What's the issue here exactly? Nothing wrong with new threads on subjects imho.

The OP had posted sources (mostly) and has provided decent content, good for him I say.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And yes, its (the photo of said object) is
just space debris I believe. We have so many satellites up there, there is no way something like that could go unnoticed. But you never know!
edit on 0720132013Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:36:27 -050011am1007MondayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

sulaw
Sure, there are several threads on said subject. However, there are hundreds of new members each year who HAVE NOT HEARD of the black knight. I for one am one of those people, additionally, who did not even think to search for anything with those key words in it.

When I think of the black knight, I THINK OF BATMAN!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

doorhandle
There seems to be a lot of negative people on here, pent up with people not using the search function or posting supposidly duplicate threads, this sort of holier than thou attitude really gets on my goat.

What's the issue here exactly? Nothing wrong with new threads on subjects imho.

The OP had posted sources (mostly) and has provided decent content, good for him I say.

We're still trying to develop a good stand-along Internet search methodology that would allow anybody, when looking at an interesting website or specific claim, to find not only the websites that echo the content, but those few that dispute it.

Can you suggest such a methodology? Thanks for giving it some thought! We need new ideas.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh the ENIGMA!
The mysterious mystery of mysteries.

An ancient artifact? Oh perhaps a regular chunk of space debris among thousands of such chunks cluttering orbital space around Earth?

Lets give it a mysterious name wrap the naming itself in mystery and construct a story of "perhaps" and "people say" around it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well, how about a ATS wiki? All major themes could have page dedicated to them, with a discussion page running off it.

But again, my point is that this, ATS, is a discussion forum, not every new thread has to be unique, that would be impossible.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Seems to me if it were anything from a by gone era. They would've retrived it to study.
And we wouldn't hear about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

doorhandle

Well, how about a ATS wiki? All major themes could have page dedicated to them, with a discussion page running off it.

But again, my point is that this, ATS, is a discussion forum, not every new thread has to be unique, that would be impossible.

Your proposal is intriguing -- it would take advantage of the widely known feeling this is the place to come for all angles on these issues.

I concur on new threads don't have to be unique, sometimes old discussions just need to be nailed shut and restarted, sometimes, too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join