More Men Are Raped In the US Than Women

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

So now when they are locking up hardened criminals ( harmless retired pot smokers ) they can ensure there is a high chance you'll be picking up the soap for big bubba, at least when you say the government are giving it to yous up the a_rse you can say it with conviction

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by benrl

The same goes for a prison system that became "FOR PROFIT" from companies like CCA.

Must be why Bush cronies passed the Three Strikes Law - build more prisons.

The problem is that non violent offenders go in, and hardened criminals come out. There is NO "rehabilitation".

It's a great shame for the USA, and the general militarization of the bureaucracy post-911 doesn't help matters.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Truly horrifying. The goal posts keep getting moved back on what we incarcerate for. The only people that should be incarcerated are violent offenders and politicians. Capacity quotas for privately owned prisons certainly doesn't help either. Maybe we should start thinking about making prison guards wear cameras so we can make sure they're actually monitoring prisoners and not encouraging pit fighting or looking the other way in order to punish a prisoner.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Killers and serial rapists deserve punishment, that is why they get locked up in maximum security facilities. To be honest I have no problem with them raping and killing themselves, its kind of poetic justice if you will and saves the tax payers some change.

People who commit lesser crimes go to normal prisons and deserve better treatment.

Even in maximum security faciliites they try to seperate the incarcerated into various groups and into various cell blocks. You cant really be 100% efficient in running a prison system when dealing with such folks.

Too much political correctness on this site and its not good. You dont rehab a psychopath, whether he was born one or developed into one. Its the wrong approach. What you rehab is people willing to change themselves by asking for help.

Let go of the emotion and be a realist!
edit on 9/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: minor correction

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I agree you can not rehabilitate a lot of these criminals, the solution is prevention and that means education. I can tell you that a majority of predators were victims themselves at some time in their life, and so what we have is a cycle of abuse. Prison obviously does not solve the problem in the least, it perpetuates it. These criminals should be separated from lower level criminals they don't deserve to be victimized.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Kali74
Truly horrifying. Maybe we should start thinking about making prison guards wear cameras so we can make sure they're actually monitoring prisoners and not encouraging pit fighting or looking the other way in order to punish a prisoner.

I would guess the reason these prisons do not have video cameras covering every square inch with recorders catching every moment for review is solely for that reason, so that a little more punishment can be meted out to whom ever the institution chooses and blame can be put upon another as may be desired.

The punishment is having one's liberties removed and being detained and taken out of society. Anything more that happens to a prisoner in custody is negligence on the part of their custodians or downright torture being applied or allowing it to be applied.

I don't agree with having a prison system except in rare instances of containing the violently uncontrollable insane. Whatever other "punishable" offenses are just normal societal aberrations and should be accepted behaviors and confined to sequestered communities where grievious "offenses" already occur in large number. I have no problem with thieves living among thieves, drunk drivers carousing inebriated and clashing with other intoxicated drivers, even murderers living among other murderers. That would be libertarian justice.

Lesser behavioral deviations could co-exist together as preferred lifestyles as states and counties that permit gambling, prostitution, substance consumption. We should consider also opening to alternative medical procedures permitted beyond what our traditional unionized allopathic medicine currently promotes and permits. The inverse could also be permitted as in a community ban on public alcohol consumption but permitting other substances that may be deemed less harmful or violence-provoking, smoking vs. non-smoking towns, and religious havens and spiritual retreat communities, etc.

I see no reason we should force-fit a one-size-fits-all societal morality code and punish violators. We should accommodate different views of freedom if we desire to have a truly elevated society.

edit on 11-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join