It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Men Are Raped In the US Than Women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

People who are put in prison for raping babies and children deserve it, for starters.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Advantage

dlbott

As for being raped in prison i have mixed feelings, some deserve it but others don't.
The Bot

Id love to know who deserves to be raped.. and what becomes of the rapist who rapes the one so deserving? I wonder who determines who deserves rape.. I mean what criteria. Rhetorical question of course....

No one "deserves" to be raped. What type of juvenile and medieval thought process would think that in a supposedly free nation that supposedly has due process that any given person who's sent to prison deserves to be raped? What does that make the rapists? Angels of penetrating justice?

Please.

Rape is not an appropriate form of punishment for any type of crime.

I was replying to and expecting an answer from dlbott.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

americanwoman

People who are put in prison for raping babies and children deserve it, for starters.

People put in prison for raping babies and children were raped themselves when they were babies and children. The form of punishment suitable for such a person is life in prison not more rape. Rape will not rehabilitate someone who is a child molester, not will it make them see the error of their ways. Maybe rape would make them think back to their own trauma but again not in a good way. You know what fixes people who were raped as children? A time machine. Nothing will change their trauma and the only solution is to keep them away from the population.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

americanwoman

And that says what about us as a society if we pick and choose and even sanction rape and who gets raped?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Advantage

OrphanApology

Advantage

dlbott

As for being raped in prison i have mixed feelings, some deserve it but others don't.
The Bot

Id love to know who deserves to be raped.. and what becomes of the rapist who rapes the one so deserving? I wonder who determines who deserves rape.. I mean what criteria. Rhetorical question of course....

No one "deserves" to be raped. What type of juvenile and medieval thought process would think that in a supposedly free nation that supposedly has due process that any given person who's sent to prison deserves to be raped? What does that make the rapists? Angels of penetrating justice?

Please.

Rape is not an appropriate form of punishment for any type of crime.

I was replying to and expecting an answer from dlbott.

Sorry my reply was intended for other poster as well. My browser sometimes jumps when I press reply.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
We don't hear much about AIDS, HIV, and other possibly lethal STD's in prisons but that must exist there in unnaturally very high numbers given how it is purportedly passed along. We are failing as a just and fair and free country if simple possession of CANNABIS possibly gets a person sentenced to LETHAL INJECTION.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Erongaricuaro
We don't hear much about AIDS, HIV, and other possibly lethal STD's in prisons but that must exist there in very high numbers given how it is purportedly passed along. We are failing as a just and fair and free country if simple possession of CANNABIS possibly gets a person sentenced to LETHAL INJECTION.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Hey Eron

Hepatitis ( HCV) is a huge one. Lotsa money treating inmates.. and certainly treating them inadequately. One of the prisons here is overrun with hepatitis and bedbugs. Hepatitis gets brought back to families, wives, children...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Interesting topic OP, and male rape is also a big fear and concern in South African prisons, or even just holding cells.

Added to the sheer pain and humiliation is the threat of contracting HIV (especially as few global prisons have access to condoms).

Of course this also concerns women's groups, since such men are unlikely to form sound gender relations once back in society.

Astoundingly, violent male rape has not garnered much attention - totally disproportionate to gay sexual orientation or preference, which leads one to surmise that only some homosexuality is of interest to heterosexists, and that violent male rape somehow fails to threaten the patriarchal power structure, and the victims may even fear being stigmatized as "feminized" or emasculated by other men.
In SA we've even had adverts against drinking and driving that highlighted the threat of rape in jail as a quasi-official punishment.
No matter how horrifying, it's more of a joke than taken seriously, at least by many men who haven't gone through the ordeal.

On that note, I'd like to share my thread on male rape in contemporary war zones (shockingly common in some homophobic regions of the globe), which includes a short documentary titled: "The silent victims of rape".

The UN has paid little to no attention to the issue, although they begrudgingly conceded to the epidemic of male rape of women in war, mainly since the 1980s.
Some scientists might explain female rape by enemy soldiers as a genetic war (which also appears in the Old Testament as an injunction), which leaves the vanquished with illegitimate war children.
It seems that male rape is much harder to explain away for any reason but torture.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

benrl

America is in dire need of some perspective.

I don't discount the facts but am curious about just what it is that American's Need Perspective on....

Did you have a point to make or are you just sharing a fact?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I believe that male prison rapes are primarily power trips.....
The attackers generally pick on the weakest prisoner.....many times it is done repeatedly.....
The guards are also guilty of such behavior and frequntly use foriegn objects to their purpose....and the victim helpless to even fight back.....or more time gets laid on him/her.
The bulk of HUMANITY BEING THE GROSS GARBAGE THAT IT IS...THIS WILL NOT STOP SOON.....

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Worst part about prison rape is it's rarely a one time thing. Not sure how many here know how it works, but basically on your first day you're studied very closely by the gangs who essentially run the yards and cell blocks. Unless you're already a gangbanger and connected, you will be attacked. The younger you look, the more nervous you look and whether you're a new fish or not weighs heavily. It almost becomes a competition to see who can "turn out" the new guy.

But, being "turned out" or raped isn't a one time incident. Once it happens, you're marked. Others basically then consider you a woman and feel they can take advantage of you whenever they want. They'll dress you up as a woman. Generally, you'd be raped repeatedly by the guy(s) who first raped you, then sold. Sex is currency in prison. You'd basically be sold around a prison block as a woman and sexually abused. And even after release, if you come back at some point to that prison or another, word will travel and you'll be marked immediately as an easy target.

Basically, never, ever allow yourself to get raped. It doesn't happen once. If you're ever in a jail or prison, do whatever you must to not let it happen. Fight like hell, day after day if you have to. You'll get respect and they'll eventually move on to an easier target. You'd rather be in the prison hospital recovering from a fight and/or stab wounds than be a victim of repeated prison gang rapes.
edit on 6-10-2013 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

People put in prison for raping babies and children were raped themselves when they were babies and children.

how can you possibly know that? Evil exists everywhere and not just within people that have experienced an evil done to them

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Add that to America's great achievements. The United States is the most incarcerated nation on Earth thus it has the most raped men on the planet as well. Yay, we're Number 1!

No wonder other nations hate us for our freedoms. We didn't fight to retain them but just gave them away. It seems our people never valued freedom but placed a premium on conformity instead. And now it gets them in the end.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

DocHolidaze

People put in prison for raping babies and children were raped themselves when they were babies and children.

how can you possibly know that? Evil exists everywhere and not just within people that have experienced an evil done to them

Science doesn't back up your claim. Sorry. Evil is a word created so people don't have think logically about why people behave the way they do. If they did analyze it logically they would understand that there are causes for things, not some innate boogie man evil bug that has bit you.

Read through Psychohistory.com

It has a lot of very interesting articles that go into great depth and has thorough analysis of studies and statistics. People are a direct result of their experiences as children unless they are born mentally handicapped and missing half their brain.
edit on 6-10-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

These type of statistics are occasionally quoted for the uk prison population too, but after talking to a few guys who have spent time locked away, it seems that although rape in prison happens, its no where near as common as statistics newspapers etc would have us believe.

That is not to say it doesn't happen, when it does I am certain it is a life changing horrific experience.

I don't trust these types of statistics as the majority of rapes of both sexes are under reported, so how on earth anyone can work out what the percentage of unreported rapes are, I really don't know

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here is the problem with this. The elected officials have worked so hard to define those in jail as the scum of the earth who the DA could not get them to death row, that few people see this as a problem. They are so mind controlled to believe that anything that happens to those violent scum is their own problem as, "they shouldn't do the crime if the can't do the time." So many people see a human outside of jail and, once inside of jail, an immoral degenerate scum who gets what they deserve.

This political pandering is so effective that the moment one says, "good lord, this is horrible, over a 10 years span maybe millions of rapes, something must change," they are pounced on by the jackals who remind them that seeing these scum as humans is the same as condoning crime and we can't have that.

Worse, the minute someone mentions this, the PR firms from the prison industry go to work, claiming:"prisons are safe, rehabilitation facilities who sole purpose is to reeducated all offenders for release back out into society. The actions of a few, should not be seen as an indictment of the whole." And with that we all just say a collective, "oh, i get it, there is no problem - back to football."

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I don't by the whole, rapists are the victims of rape thing.
That theory and attitude stigmatizes victims, especially male victims. Being raped is never an excuse to go out and rape, and I believe very few could turn around and do to someone else what was done to them.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

calstorm

I don't by the whole, rapists are the victims of rape thing.
That theory and attitude stigmatizes victims, especially male victims. Being raped is never an excuse to go out and rape, and I believe very few could turn around and do to someone else what was done to them.

Unfortunately many sexual abuse victims do sexually abuse others. Whether or not it's an "excuse" is irrelevant. It is however, a "reason" and one that needs to be addressed. Ignoring the reasons for human behaviors means that there will never be a game plan to reduce future behaviors. Sexual abusers in a large majority of cases were abused in some fashion in their life. It's not limited to only sexual abusers, that's why I stated to read through the articles on the website I provided. If you don't, then you are providing an uninformed argument so this will be my last response to this line of discussion until you read the articles there.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

OrphanApology

DocHolidaze

Science doesn't back up your claim. Sorry. Evil is a word created so people don't have think logically about why people behave the way they do. If they did analyze it logically they would understand that there are causes for things, not some innate boogie man evil bug that has bit you.

Read through Psychohistory.com

It has a lot of very interesting articles that go into great depth and has thorough analysis of studies and statistics. People are a direct result of their experiences as children unless they are born mentally handicapped and missing half their brain.
edit on 6-10-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

so by your logic rape is an accepted act because science says so?

you can spout all the science you want but people that were raped as children will not rape as adults and visa versa.

also its sad that you are giving rapists a way out by saying there handicapped or missing half a brain.

There is good in this world, and there is evil, there is the darkside and there is the light, there is a ying and a there is a yang, no boogy man needed. The fact that your trying to say science can explain and even endorse rape is a prime example of the darkside.
edit on 6-10-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

and btw science is an ever changing field just because there is somthing in an article written recently about the subject of rape, does not mean its true and will always be true, did you know rape has and is the spoils of war?

are war rapers exempt from your science book?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join