It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Men Are Raped In the US Than Women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Justice Department came up with a new number: 216,000. That’s 216,000 victims, not instances. These victims are often assaulted multiple times over the course of the year. The Justice Department now seems to be saying that prison rape accounted for the majority of all rapes committed in the US in 2008, likely making the United States the first country in the history of the world to count more rapes for men than for women.

The previous years numbers 66,000 sexual assaults on male prisoners in 2007.

These are huge numbers of sexual assault victims who are under reported, and unhelped.

More-Men-Are-Raped-In-the-US-Than-Women

In general sad commentary on the current Police state we find ourselves in, how we treat the least of our society says volumes about ourselves.

Prisons fill up with non-violent offenders, yea selling some plants to your buddies worth a few years of prison rape.

America is in dire need of some perspective.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I wish I had something to add but you nailed it.

I will say watch out for the pro-prison system ATS'ers and a few bored feminists may even come your way, stay up brother

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Prison sex by Tool comes to mind for some odd reason..
I'd post it but the lyrics are not - how do you say - ATS material.
Add in the pedophiles who rape young boys and the numbers would be downright shocking.
What a sad world that people must suffer these indignities.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
reply to post by benrl

I will say watch out for the pro-prison system ATS'ers and a few bored feminists may even come your way, stay up brother

Rape is rape, no matter the perpetrator or the status of the victim.

It is horrific and the fact there is no outrage or reporting on the manner is equally abhorrent.

Victims being made to live with the shame of the attack on their own because society wont listen...

Really people? Aren't we better.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

When I saw your title in the recent post list, I thought 'No freaking way! This is a lie.'

Then I saw it was due to prison statistics and thought, 'Oh Ok. Yeah, that could be true then. lol'

And the sad thing is that prison rape has become somewhat the butt of many jokes. I don't think that's very funny, though.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Just as the Supreme Court ruled that it was not the job of the police to protect the citizens, but to UPHOLD the law. The same goes for a prison system that became "FOR PROFIT" from companies like CCA.

Who needs rehabilitation, when the system seems designed to keep people locked up versus rehabilitating them!

I agree with everything in your post, but just wanted to add a little to it!

S&F

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
reply to post by benrl

Why would this be a feminist issue? This is prison rape, that's guys raping guys.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

AshleyD
reply to post by benrl

When I saw your title in the recent post list, I thought 'No freaking way! This is a lie.'

Then I saw it was due to prison statistics and thought, 'Oh Ok. Yeah, that could be true then. lol'

And the sad thing is that prison rape has become somewhat the butt of many jokes. I don't think that's very funny, though.

"Oh ok. yeah, that could be true" very sad indeed, I am sure at some point that was said about date rape statistics by someone somewhere.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

And should male rape in the military be added into the mix?

probably only a fraction are reported.

www.military.com...
edit on 6-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It is horrific and the fact there is no outrage or reporting on the manner is equally abhorrent.

As the ole prison saying goes, "snitches get stitches." ...........

Yet we wonder why those whom go in as non violent offenders, come out worse?

“It is said that no one truly knows a nation until one has been inside its jails. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones.”
― Nelson Mandela

Do you know what else really pisses me off? We here the UN preach about government and how they treat their people right????

WELL WHERE THE HELL IS THE UN on how the US government treats the people in our prison systems?????
edit on 6-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The question is are those being raped also become rapist ? And the ones who are relieved from prison are they becoming more active rapists then before?

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Let me tell you this . In wahington and colorado state there will be less male rape now.

We have voted to not let our men get raped because of plants.
edit on 6-10-2013 by ManOfHart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by benrl

“It is said that no one truly knows a nation until one has been inside its jails. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones.”
― Nelson Mandela

We managed to create crime college, you get picked up for minor non violent offense and quickly progress on your way to felony aggravated assault.

We have made a system that rewards creating criminals, You get judges bribed by prisons (proven) you get Laws that demand mandatory minimums, demanded by a for profit prison system lobby...

What the hell have we allowed to happen?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

benrl

Justice Department came up with a new number: 216,000. That’s 216,000 victims, not instances. These victims are often assaulted multiple times over the course of the year. The Justice Department now seems to be saying that prison rape accounted for the majority of all rapes committed in the US in 2008, likely making the United States the first country in the history of the world to count more rapes for men than for women.

These are huge numbers of sexual assault victims who are under reported, and unhelped.

In general sad commentary on the current Police state we find ourselves in, how we treat the least of our society says volumes about ourselves.

Prisons fill up with non-violent offenders, yea selling some plants to your buddies worth a few years of prison rape.

That number doesn't include lifetime sexual abuse. The statistics for females who have been raped in childhood ranges from 30-40%. Childhood sexual abuse is greatly under reported but (1-17) were at much greater risk for sexual abuse. Most abuses were by relatives, friends, and acquantances. So for the female population that would be roughly 48 million women who were molested in childhood on top of the numbers as adults.

www.psychohistory.com...

It's still ridiculous to see those kind of numbers with male rape in prison. Considering how many of the men in prison are in there for non-violent crimes.

Then throw in the fact that at any given moment 80k people in the U.S. are in solitary confinement(psychological torture) and the majority of all prisoners end up there at some point...it's easy to start speculating that the powers that be are trying to create a nation of psychotic violent men...

Psychotic violent men with no job prospects and the inability to function in society don't make good fathers. Those same men still make a lot of children when they get released.

Eeesh this nation is a disaster no matter what area you look at.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlynn

I started typing but realized I didn't want to get roped into anything. I retract the word feminist.

Even if you dont think my statement makes sense, I will say if you think about my previous statement Im sure you will see what I was trying to get across or maybe my statement will play out before your eyes thus an explanation is not needed.

Thank you kindly, for showing me the error of my chosen words

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

benrl

seeker1963
reply to post by benrl

― Nelson Mandela

We managed to create crime college, you get picked up for minor non violent offense and quickly progress on your way to felony aggravated assault.

We have made a system that rewards creating criminals, You get judges bribed by prisons (proven) you get Laws that demand mandatory minimums, demanded by a for profit prison system lobby...

What the hell have we allowed to happen?

Dont forget Gladiator School... aka Juvenile Detention. We release apex predators at 18-21 yrs old.

From my last job Ive since retired from... I can see absolutely how this is true. Women are predatory but not along the same lines as men in prison. We are totally ruining folks lives over nonsense.... plants being just one... due to the almighty dollar, our personal greed... and buying into the propaganda that keeps the machine churning out shattered human beings.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

benrl

Actually there not there for that and every state are looking at alternative for non violent drug offenders. The problem is you have allot of violent offenders and offenses that are armed in nature. These require time. No easy solution. Where there is a problem is California and places that have three strikes law, there you could get twenty five to life for stealing a bike. Not good...

As for being raped in prison i have mixed feelings, some deserve it but others don't. I guess if you are gonna put someone in prison for twenty-five years or more you should just castrate them or make it one offense and castrate type thing.

I know what it feels like to be assaulted so there is always more to the story.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

dlbott

As for being raped in prison i have mixed feelings, some deserve it but others don't.
The Bot

Id love to know who deserves to be raped.. and what becomes of the rapist who rapes the one so deserving? I wonder who determines who deserves rape.. I mean what criteria. Rhetorical question of course....

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Merlynn

DocHolidaze
reply to post by benrl

Why would this be a feminist issue? This is prison rape, that's guys raping guys.

It'll be a feminist issue when women figure out women are raping women in prisons.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Advantage

dlbott

As for being raped in prison i have mixed feelings, some deserve it but others don't.
The Bot

Id love to know who deserves to be raped.. and what becomes of the rapist who rapes the one so deserving? I wonder who determines who deserves rape.. I mean what criteria. Rhetorical question of course....

No one "deserves" to be raped. What type of juvenile and medieval thought process would think that in a supposedly free nation that supposedly has due process that any given person who's sent to prison deserves to be raped? What does that make the rapists? Angels of penetrating justice?

Please.

Rape is not an appropriate form of punishment for any type of crime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join