It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"TAG! You're It!" Now Seen As A Danger To Our Precious Children...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yup, it has finally arrived!

The most dangerous, insidious and controversial game ever played by kids World wide has finally been taken to the spot light and I for one am so relieved.

I can't tell you how many TAG related incidents I've witnessed in my life time where a child has suffered life threatening injuries or people running to their homes in terror of these mad PACKS (yes, the term PACK is used) of kidlets and what they might do. We can now all rest easy and sleep well at night once more.

Damn, I'm tired of this crap.

You be the judge...

www.mlive.com...

GRAND RAPIDS, MI - A Zeeland elementary school is clarifying its new "No Tag, No Chasing" policy, which is aimed at stopping behavior during the game that was deemed too rough for kindergartners. On Wednesday, Oct. 2, New Groningen kindergarten teachers sent home a letter alerting parents to the policy. It described the problem of children "running in packs, pushing, knocking other children over, and making the game dangerous."

On Thursday, Oct. 3, a follow up letter was sent home with students clarifying the policy after the "no tag" rule created a bit of controversy. "We want our children to treat each other with respect, kindness, and with safety in mind," said Ginger Smith, community relations manager for Zeeland Public Schools, on Friday.

Peace
edit on 6-10-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thats ridiculous, when I was in elementary school we would roll balls of clay in our hands and then throw at each other. the ground was full of it. And we all thought that was fun.

They can't even play a game of tag? We were taught that game all threw gym class in elementary school..

Almost every other day.

it would be: OK! Now this is how you play freeze tag...
edit on 6-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Just another step towards society not being able to take care of themselves and officials doing it for us my friend.

After all...how can we know what's best for ourselves and our children?

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I completely agree tag is a horrible game. The horror and carnage I have personally witnessed in this game will haunt me to the grave.

Just like all those poor children we lost when some kid pointed their fingers and said "Bang!"

We must end this cycle of childhood violence!

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So I'm guessing "kill the man with the ball" is now off limits too?

What about freeze tag? Or manhunt? should we call it "person find"?

Poor kids, they are going to grow up to be even bigger pansies than their parents.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
In the UK they have just decided that children should not be allowed to play Hide and Seek!
They claim it encourages the children to be sneaky!
What they really mean is - It encourages them to think for themselves and become independent.

Whats more worrying is most parents listen to this crap and believe it!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

Pointing your finger and uttering "Bang" is tantamount to assault at the least.

Just as dangerous.

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

But Hide and Seek could be seen as victim and stalker right?

I'd like to know who thinks the stuff up or if it's a bunch of monkeys in a little room pushing random buttons to create new rules of society?

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Bummer,
I was amazing at hide and seek, the trick was to hide where people just don't like to go. Like graveyards or sewers and runoff canals. I usually ended up getting bored and showing up hours later.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And while they're at it, they can ban Wink Murder.

And don't start me on I Spy!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So they are trying to promote safety during recess....so #ing what? This isn't mind control or some crazy conspiracy to rob children of their childhood. This is just an attempt to avoid the inevitable lawsuit when someone's "perfect" child is shoved down on and seriously injured.

Neither the school nor the district have received any direct complaints from parents about the new policy, but at least one parent contacted the media about the policy.

So the first thing they do is run to the media? Guess the best course of action to get your way is to run over to your local news station and start bitching. I am willing to bet that the "One Parent" is probably the sort to also run to a lawyer when their kid gets hurt at school because the teachers "weren't monitoring the children's safety."

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I honestly think a lot of this crap is nothing more than lazy schools and teachers and an attempt at an "easy" life for them. Trying to eradicate anything that may cause squabbles or the possibility of a minor bump or scratch that would be an infringement of a teachers time to deal with.
And of course, any game that allows the children to let off some steam etc and make them a bit giddy means that once back in the classroom a teacher will have to get the children to focus again. All about making a teachers day easier!......even if it means stunting a child.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
wow, it was only a matter of time.

parents. get out the cotton wool.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I guess this is the only option left...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i see it mention kindergartners. does this rule apply to 1st graders+ ?

thats about 5 years old. if its hard to keep a hoard of 5yos running around from hurting themselves or each other in a cluster**** of running in all directions. i say so what, dont let em.

i dont see a ban in schools with tag, it seems specifically about an age group (or school grade)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Let's hope those Zeeland school administrators got all the Gold Sticky Stars from the NEA that they deserve.

Perhaps they need to keep the children in a cage to more fully protect them from all the dangers of this world.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is it any wonder our children are increasingly becoming anti-social spending most of their free time locked up alone with their X-Boxes etc and the make believe world it encourages.

I'd heard that many schools here in the UK that had banned games like Bulldog and Relievo have recently reversed their decision and are actively encouraging schoolchildren to play these games that have been played for literally centuries.

What is more natural than kids playing Tag? I'm almost certain it's played in almost every society and culture in one form or another.

I hope this is just an isolated incident and not the start of another PC driven policy.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

jude11

But Hide and Seek could be seen as victim and stalker right?

Yee gods!! please dont give them any more idea's.

I dont care what others here think! This is an agenda.
Cant play hide and seek in school.
Cant play Tag in school.
Cant have a best friend in school.
But they can play at preparedness for a ufo crash!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

watchitburn

Bummer,
I was amazing at hide and seek, the trick was to hide where people just don't like to go. Like graveyards or sewers and runoff canals. I usually ended up getting bored and showing up hours later.

LOL

Hide in a room and leave the door wide open, fools them every time.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Dear God...the horror that is TAG!

Good thing they don't hang out in Texas when the "country kids get bored", they have "prickly pear cactus" wars ( cactus pads complete with stickers mounted on a stick and hurled at the enemy!) and spend hours figuring our how to burn out/blow up/ and destroy fire-ant mounds which can get pretty big...

I know...the poor fire ants...expect someone to speak up on their behalf.

Let kids BE kids!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join