It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots to Look after the Elderly and Sick

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

WHY would you want to force people to do a job they otherwise wouldn't want to do? You'd get more abuse of the patients by forcing.

I see many people as it is who should NOT be working in a caring aspect ie nurses or care takers. They do it because it's quick to get a certificate for yet they are HORRIBLE to these people. I see it in the grocery store with the idiots who take some of the elderly or disabled shopping, they are not very nice to them. When my grandmother was in her home before she passed they were MEAN to her. My mom had to go off on them many times for how they treated her.

Sorry but i don't want anyone forced to do such a job. I'd rather have someone who truly wants to help and didn't get into it because it was an easy route to a paper "degree" of sorts.

Robots sadly will probably take over most tasks in the future. Which for us will not be good when it comes to work. Look at all the automated programs and self check out? People did those jobs before, now not so much.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Couldn't find the video on YouTube anymore, but I did find a copy here:

Beware of robots eating old folks' medicine

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Reminds me of this anime I saw about 20 years ago. Roujin Z.

I think the biggest issue would be the lack of human contact. The elderly are already "The Forgotten Ones" in society.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I want an r2d2, for personal tasks, household and to help get things done. I think they mean for the uber rich by the way, this certainly isn't about the people they're trying to thin the herd and reduce population, the poor and needy, nor is it about equalizing and ensuring that automation gets most thigns done, people live in an equal and Linux type/Venus Project world, and contributes from talents and interests part time, which is what, with all our technology, after so many breakthroughs (at least that they let out, they have alot buried), we all could be doing. We're not supposed to be bears, going in circles on our little bikes, over and over, living in a false scarsity system and reinventing slave labor a thousand fold, when our real technology has already gone past this.

However we have a very bad dark mismanagement team, and it seems that such a carrot, they're throwing out, isn't intended for the average person, UNLESS THE TIME COMES FOR UPGRADE AND HIGHER UPS ENSURE IT. Or people massively wake up and start to act.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

These OLD people are OUR parents. Are someone's parents. Are US when we are old.

So why shouldn't we all pull our weight and get more qualified in caring professions?

It wouldn't take sooo many people to do so.

As well these people most likely looked after their children when they needed lots of care. So what's so bad about giving the human caring touch back?

By doing a job that is VALID in the real world!!!!!!

So potentially if there are not enough carers/nurses you would be happy with a robot as company?...

edit on 7-10-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Thalestris

Seems the animes might all come true!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join