It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher mocks WWII vets visiting closed memorial: ‘Nobody said they were the brightest generation’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Who is Mayer?

As for topic, it is sad that vets are being used for low political gains.

This just shows me to what low GOP is willing to go to prove its pointless shutdown of Government. Irony is that the same group tells other nations how to run their government, yet our own government is proven to be unmanageable and not working, at least at this moment.

I was under impression that we (Americans) don't allow hostage situations, yet our whole government is held hostage by small fraction of politicians...
edit on 9-10-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Khaleesi

jimmyx

posing with Michele Bachmann, they disrespected themselves...what next, Michele Bachmann cuts off their VA benefits and they give her a hug and a kiss for that, too?.....bill maher pisses off right-wing Christian conservatives, which is fine by me

Again, I am going to explain my father's generation. If my father were still alive and I was wheeling him around the DC memorials and Michele Bachman walked up to him and asked for a photo he would be too polite to refuse. If Obama walked up and asked for a photo with him, he would be too polite to refuse. For the politicians, it is a photo op. No doubt about that. For the vets, I would imagine it is more about politeness. Consider the fact that Democrat politicians were also reported to be there. I'm sure they got their share of pictures taken with vets. The vets were being polite, in my opinion. I base my opinion on knowing my father and also knowing many people of his generation. Would you rather have seen the vets being rude? They didn't disrespect themselves. The politicians showed disrespect to them by making it a photo op and the vets were just to polite to point that out.

my father who passed away 7 years ago was also of that generation....he had respect for people that made honest mistakes, he had no respect for liars and hypocrites. that held true for me growing up, as well as the men under his command during the war.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join