It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher mocks WWII vets visiting closed memorial: ‘Nobody said they were the brightest generation’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What is wrong with what he said..it's true.

Why complain about the shutdown then pose with one of the people who wanted the shut down.

Vets Storm Shuttered WWII Memorial in Protest Over Shutdown

Michele Bachmann "very excited" about gov't shutdown, says it's "exactly what we wanted"

Michele Bachmann poses with World War II veterans occupying D.C. memorial

Are you just angry he pointed out the truth

He still stated they were great just not that bright.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This tickles my funny bone...

2nd
edit on 6-10-2013 by BobM88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Why complain about the shutdown then pose with one of the people who wanted the shut down.

Vets Storm Shuttered WWII Memorial in Protest Over Shutdown

Michele Bachmann "very excited" about gov't shutdown, says it's "exactly what we wanted"

Michele Bachmann poses with World War II veterans occupying D.C. memorial

You are wasting your time pointing out facts.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

No what he said through obvious insinuation is that WWII vets are stupid. I found that disrespectful and offensive to the people who defended our country and freedoms on a world wide level. If it wasn't for them he might be goose stepping his way around the stage instead of spouting of at people he should be thanking.

They were bright and brave enough to fight for freedom and look what we got.. the big BM.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

the greatest generation is the generation before the baby boomers.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You left out the links I provided..why?

He was stating that for someone to hate something and then pose with the one of people responsible for that something, is not too bright.

It does not take a genius to understand that

You can twist and spin the story all you want..but facts are facts. Do not complain about the shutdown, then happily pose with one of those responsible.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by Bassago

You left out the links I provided..why?

Because this is a thread about BM and his odious little speech.

There are plenty of other threads about who's fault the shutdown is. They're out there just waiting for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

The OP has a right and a Responsiblity as the original poster to try to keep the thread on topic!

Ask a MOD!
edit on 6-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

(post by zonetripper2065 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

seeker1963

The OP has a right as the original poster to try to keep the thread on topic!

Ask a MOD!

I asked.
I asked that as an agreement in the TOS all ATS posters agree to wear a shock collar linked into the net.. and with one keystroke a mod can ZAAAAAP a poster right back on topic. Aversion therapy of a sort. My idea was very rudely dismissed.

ETA... Oh the irony....
edit on 6-10-2013 by Advantage because: cause its ironic dammit!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

The links were on topic.

Links shown the vets actions against the shut down, Michelle Bachman for the shutdown and vets posing with Bachman.

Bill Maher made the comment about vets being great just not bright. Vets complain about shutdown, yet pose with one the people responsible.

Is that something an intelligent person would do?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

No what he said through obvious insinuation is that WWII vets are stupid.

The vets are complaining about about these sites being closed and then pose for a picture with one of the people who was pushing for it to close. Are those the actions of a smart person?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Bill Maher made the comment about vets being great just not bright. Vets complain about shutdown, yet pose with one the people responsible.

My question to you is, "What the hell does Bachman have to do with the topic?"

Will it make you feel better if I tell you I don't like her either? After all she does love the NSA, and she sure as hell wouldn't be the first politician to try to make herself/himself look better by taking advantage of a photo op!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The vets are complaining about about these sites being closed and then pose for a picture with one of the people who was pushing for it to close. Are those the actions of a smart person?

Then make a thread of your own about how stupid our WWII vets are for being polite to a politician whom is at the least trying to help them see a memorial that was built in their honor, and the worst making a photo op out of it!

Join the like of Bill Maher!

Where in this OP's title does it say a damn thing about politicians trying to make a photo op???

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Michelle Bachman is relevant because it puts into context what Bill Maher was talking about.

Prior to calling them "not too bright" he was talking about the vets against the shut down and then posing with a person responsible.

It is not that hard to understand.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
class? Mr Maher

This is a really bad mistake for him, and lame.

Jewish man ridicules American ww2 veterans?

Have you no shame? Bill Maker..

And I do agree with him, just not saying it out loud. Why pose with one?

edit on 6-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Michelle Bachman is relevant because it puts into context what Bill Maher was talking about.

Prior to calling them "not too bright" he was talking about the vets against the shut down and then posing with a person responsible.

Your absurd!

Our Vets were showing respect, due to the fact that she came out to greet them! Could it be that they made not just one sacrifice by fighting in a war for our freedoms, but also the fact that they knew that they could possibly be arrested for disobeying, some petty laws by the Whitehouse?? Maybe that is our generations problem!

We lack ability to show respect, whether we agree or disagree! That might also show why our government doesn't have that ability either????

And let me add this. I am sure that having a few Senators or Congresspersons there to welcome them, not only made them feel safe, but made them feel welcomed!

So twist your words however you want! They deserved to visit a sight that was built in their honor!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
They really are the greatest generation, they survived the worst depression in world history and they did it without bug out bags, bunkers or rioting and murdering each other in the streets.
Then just as the depression was ending and they thought that their lives would finally get back to normal they were drafted and sent all over the world to fight a war and they did it without rioting or threatening to overthrow the government.
After 15 years of a depression and then a world war the survivors finally got to start living their lives.
They were the right generation in the right place at the right time to save the world from murderous dictators.I don`t have much hope that the generations living today will be able to do the same thing when the next bunch of murderous dictators try to take over the world.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

seeker1963

We lack ability to show respect, whether we agree or disagree! That might also show why our government doesn't have that ability either????

I think you hit the nail on the head here Seeker. This boils down to simple respect (or lack thereof.)
Maher appears to have no respect. He doesn't have to agree with the politics behind any of this but a lttle respect goes a long way. My mother didn't tell me if I couldn't say some nice about someone then demean them.

Some people deserve our admiration and respect regardless of political or ideological beliefs. Mayer should have let this one go. It once again tells us more about him than anything else.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I'm absurd?..

If they were truly angry, they would have told her so instead of asking for a photograph with here.

They weren't worried about respect when they did what they did....so why now. They can't claim to be angry, then do nothing when an opportunity arises to let one of the people responsible know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join