It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times are getting serious, God is asking for more prayer...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by colbe

Prayer – Or how to appear pious to others. I was under the impression prayer must be kept in a closet, yet everyone does it where they can be seen.

This is a message from God, not me. It is His request Aphorism. Prayer saves souls, shout it out.

God bless you,

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

akushla99

sk0rpi0n
colbe you come across as someone who is sincere in faith. I'm sure you are spiritually strong enough not to be bogged down by the harsh,negative comments on this thread, that too from other 'christians'. We may not agree on everything everytime, and I don't want to nit pick your post over details... but I don't see anything wrong with praying. Of course,

What is surprising is that only a small percentage of posters so far have disputed prayer/orison...the main issue (remembering that this site is not a pulpit) is the psychological dynamic, especially (but not limited to) the elements making up the thrust of the dynamic...there is a snide disbelief contained in the dynamic that (on the one hand) professes the ALMIGHTINESS of the creator, schizophrenically pitted with the insane notion that the ALMIGHTY needs any help for anything...there are MASSIVE procedural problems contained in this assumption/insanity that are never addressed by the authors of these threads, if only because the sites' main thrust is discussion...it never happens...there is scripture bombardment (which answers nothing from personal understanding - essentially just copy/pasting slabs from the little golden book).

Offence is taken where it is not directed, because the main thrust of questions is never answered...so the posts become sermons of sorts...with ATS as the pulpit...so-called christians (followers of Christ) against what is thought to be non-believers (much of this posture being taken by the christians themselves) - prompting the 'Why does everyone slag christians so much' question - that answer has been answered so often, and is so obvious, that it is waaay beyond revisiting, because we come here to discuss, not to be preached to...

A more viable question (more in line with DISCUSSION) would have been...'Why does God need our help...if He is ALMIGHTY?'

That, is the premise upon which the OP is built...and it is a confronting question, because it reveals the schizophrenic thought process involved in maintaining such a shaky position...end of times prophecy, messiah mechanisms, devil-worship by opposite-proxy are peripheral to the question that is never answered (but has spawned a convenient lie - because it hides a central premise)...

God, who is almighty...the creator of all that is seen and unseen needs help?!

The next logical question...that should be asked if this is to be believed, is...How ALMIGHTY is the God you believe in?...and specifically this question, because there are NO GRADES OF ALMIGHTINESS...

Å99
edit on 7-10-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

II shared an important message from God. God speaks to every generation and oh do we need to hear Him today.

Prayer saves souls.

God includes us in His plans, He loves us all more than we can know. We are a family. Part of the
remedy for man's free will choice to sin is prayer. God is perfectly just, He can't ignore the choices
of your life and say, all is fine, come join Me in Heaven for eternity.

Confession, prayer and suffering (our daily crosses) are redemptive. Revelation says no one unholy enters Heaven. It is true. I typed "Confession" first, you can't die with mortal sin on your soul! IF you die in the state of grace, God's presence in your soul but still have some reparation, purification to be completed, you do this in Purgatory.

Repentance from the heart, Confession of your mortal sins to God and daily Prayer for the life of your soul.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The 'Important messages from God' continues to be a wholly unqualified statement that means nothing...

The 'stock' of the OP requires 2 simple questions to be answered...these questions are NEVER answered...they are central to all extraneous belief...and they are never answered because they would collapse the Jenga tower that is built with mishapen blocks...

(Not particularly directed at the author of OP)
Do you trust/believe that God is almighty?

...and if you do...

Do you believe you are at liberty to qualify the word, and its implications?

...because if you maintain the first (that is an unequivocal statement denoting MIGHTY OVER, THROUGH, WITHIN ALL)...you CANNOT entertain the second...that includes the implications presented in the OP material...that are qualifications of the concept of AMIGHTINESS, which is NOT an unequivocal belief in the ALMIGHTINESS of God. There really is no way to escape this loop, once answered, except by ignoring your belief in ALMIGHTINESS...

Å99

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

akushla99
reply to post by colbe

The 'Important messages from God' continues to be a wholly unqualified statement that means nothing...

The 'stock' of the OP requires 2 simple questions to be answered...these questions are NEVER answered...they are central to all extraneous belief...and they are never answered because they would collapse the Jenga tower that is built with mishapen blocks...

(Not particularly directed at the author of OP)
Do you trust/believe that God is almighty?

...and if you do...

Do you believe you are at liberty to qualify the word, and its implications?

...because if you maintain the first (that is an unequivocal statement denoting MIGHTY OVER, THROUGH, WITHIN ALL)...you CANNOT entertain the second...that includes the implications presented in the OP material...that are qualifications of the concept of AMIGHTINESS, which is NOT an unequivocal belief in the ALMIGHTINESS of God. There really is no way to escape this loop, once answered, except by ignoring your belief in ALMIGHTINESS...

Å99

Akushla,

I am not sure what you mean, say it again simply to help me and others understand.

I'll try to answer anyway...

1. I believe God is almighty, I trust Him, human respect isn't trustworthy because of our fallen nature.

2. If you are talking about the written Word of God, no. It is not easy to understand. God gave the
authority to interpret the written Word to the Church who guided by God compiled the written Word.

Thank you Pope Damasus (382 A.D.).

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

colbe

sk0rpi0n
colbe you come across as someone who is sincere in faith. I'm sure you are spiritually strong enough not to be bogged down by the harsh,negative comments on this thread, that too from other 'christians'. We may not agree on everything everytime, and I don't want to nit pick your post over details... but I don't see anything wrong with praying. Of course,

skOrpiOn,

You lift my spirits, thank you. I am very sad reading the responses. You all may know my story...

I was far from God most of my adult life. I didn't care. I didn't know the faith but, Mary appearing
and her message to a seer in Georgia changed my life.

Notice, reading prophecy, no one talks like that down here (the messages from Heaven). If I was changed in one day, maybe they're true, yes? God speaks to us, you only have to believe.

Daily prayer, there's so much grace given. If I am down, I was last weekend, when I pray, I feel better. Prayer is a positive, try it. Talk to God from your heart.

love,

colbe

Here's one more current prophecy given a seer who lives in New York state. His name is Ned Dougherty.

Our Lord is speaking, about prayer, same as the OP and of the prophesied Second Pentecost (worldwide this time) is very near. It is called the Great Warning.

An excerpt, ATS rules:

+ + +

www.endtimesdaily.com...

Words given to Ned Dougherty

October 1, 2013

St. John the Baptist Eucharistic Chapel, Costa Mesa, CA, at 9:00pm

Message from Jesus of Divine Mercy

My dear son,

....all of you in Humanity are going through the most important time in your history.

These are the times that have been prophesied for many ages, when the Son of Man comes to you ever so powerfully to bring about a time of change for all of humanity. So, therefore, I speak to you directly now, as I speak to all of your brothers and sisters, who are open to hearing these messages.

I speak to you now about the condition of the world in which you live. As it has been ordained by the Father in Heaven, I am the Redeemer of all of mankind, and as you see, as you hear me now, I am ever most present to you, my son, as well as I am present to all of the sons and daughters of the Father in Heaven, who are open in these times to hearing my soft, yet determined voice to reach out to all of you in these times, because you need the help of the Heavenly Realms, because of all of the sins that have been accumulating in your world.

Because of the sins of mankind, my cup runneth over, yet the world has become a dangerous place now because of sin running riot. Dark forces have been manipulating all of the peoples of the Earth in ways that are damaging to all of your lives, and I am here now as the Redeemer of the world to bring about the necessary changes to bring the Earth back into the course that was set for it by the Father in Heaven from the very beginning of creation.

You must become part of the Father’s plans for humanity, if you want the Father in Heaven through His Son to change the course of humanity for the better. The challenge to all of the inhabitants of the Earth is to recognize that you all individually and collectively have a mission in life, and that mission for each and every one of you in these End Times is to follow the course set by the Father in Heaven.

I am here as His Son to bring about the necessary changes, so that a New Heaven and A New Earth will be ushered in for all of you in the very near future. I must call upon you now to increase your prayer life and to involve your family members and loved ones, who have fallen by the wayside, and who are in pursuit of their lives without even a passing recognition of who they are and why they are here on Earth. I am asking you to remind them in these times to recognize that you are all in the End Times, and this is not a time for any of you to ignore God’s calling to save the Earth from further destruction.

As the Son of Man during my journey on Earth 2,000 years ago, I instituted the most powerful form of prayer in the Adoration and Reception of the Holy Eucharist. I call upon all of you to recognize the power of the Holy Eucharist, for it is through the Adoration and frequent Reception of the Holy Eucharist that the tide of battle against the darkness and evil in the world will be turned overwhelmingly in the direction of the good that the Father in Heaven has planned for the world.

It is also, therefore, important that all of you renew your faith by returning to the confessional to unburden yourselves of the accumulated sins, so that you can truly become powerful spiritual warriors, free from the guilt and shame, and the bondages of sin.

It is so difficult for me to convey to you the importance of prayer in these times. You are living in a world, where all of you are easily swayed by what you see and experience in your lives, giving you knowledge which is visible and detectable to you.

But you must recognize that all prayer has a powerful force and energy that may not seem visible or detectable to you, but hear me now, it is through the power of your collective prayers that the future will be changed for the better. Therefore, I ask of you to set aside your mundane plans and self-serving existence to focus on your prayer life. If you want the changes to take place for the better of humanity, you must resolutely focus on your prayers and the power of your prayers.

I promise you that the world is already changing for the better, although you may not yet see how subtly the changes are happening, but the evil one sees how the tide is turning against him now because of the Power of Prayer!

I leave you now with this Final Message:

The Great Events of the Warning and the Tribulation are soon to take place within your lifetimes. You are so close now to the great events that are going to take place that there is no time now for you to delay in preparing to do the work of the Father in Heaven. ...

Message ended at 9:34pm.

I do not know what spirit this person is hearing from but it is not the Holy Spirit, the bible is very clear that the world will become worse and worse as time goes on and as in the days of Noah so shall the days be of the coming of the son of man. And as far as the new heavens and new earth the old one the one we live on now will be destroyed by fire and the elements will dissolve it will not be an improved earth based on this present earth. Finally nowhere in the bible are we instructed to adorn the eucharist and hold it up to worship the eucharist is an invention of the RCC.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

guitarplayer

colbe

sk0rpi0n

skOrpiOn,

You lift my spirits, thank you. I am very sad reading the responses. You all may know my story...

I was far from God most of my adult life. I didn't care. I didn't know the faith but, Mary appearing
and her message to a seer in Georgia changed my life.

Notice, reading prophecy, no one talks like that down here (the messages from Heaven). If I was changed in one day, maybe they're true, yes? God speaks to us, you only have to believe.

Daily prayer, there's so much grace given. If I am down, I was last weekend, when I pray, I feel better. Prayer is a positive, try it. Talk to God from your heart.

love,

colbe

Here's one more current prophecy given a seer who lives in New York state. His name is Ned Dougherty.

Our Lord is speaking, about prayer, same as the OP and of the prophesied Second Pentecost (worldwide this time) is very near. It is called the Great Warning.

An excerpt, ATS rules:

+ + +

www.endtimesdaily.com...

Words given to Ned Dougherty

October 1, 2013

St. John the Baptist Eucharistic Chapel, Costa Mesa, CA, at 9:00pm

Message from Jesus of Divine Mercy

My dear son,

....all of you in Humanity are going through the most important time in your history.

These are the times that have been prophesied for many ages, when the Son of Man comes to you ever so powerfully to bring about a time of change for all of humanity. So, therefore, I speak to you directly now, as I speak to all of your brothers and sisters, who are open to hearing these messages.

I speak to you now about the condition of the world in which you live. As it has been ordained by the Father in Heaven, I am the Redeemer of all of mankind, and as you see, as you hear me now, I am ever most present to you, my son, as well as I am present to all of the sons and daughters of the Father in Heaven, who are open in these times to hearing my soft, yet determined voice to reach out to all of you in these times, because you need the help of the Heavenly Realms, because of all of the sins that have been accumulating in your world.

Because of the sins of mankind, my cup runneth over, yet the world has become a dangerous place now because of sin running riot. Dark forces have been manipulating all of the peoples of the Earth in ways that are damaging to all of your lives, and I am here now as the Redeemer of the world to bring about the necessary changes to bring the Earth back into the course that was set for it by the Father in Heaven from the very beginning of creation.

You must become part of the Father’s plans for humanity, if you want the Father in Heaven through His Son to change the course of humanity for the better. The challenge to all of the inhabitants of the Earth is to recognize that you all individually and collectively have a mission in life, and that mission for each and every one of you in these End Times is to follow the course set by the Father in Heaven.

I am here as His Son to bring about the necessary changes, so that a New Heaven and A New Earth will be ushered in for all of you in the very near future. I must call upon you now to increase your prayer life and to involve your family members and loved ones, who have fallen by the wayside, and who are in pursuit of their lives without even a passing recognition of who they are and why they are here on Earth. I am asking you to remind them in these times to recognize that you are all in the End Times, and this is not a time for any of you to ignore God’s calling to save the Earth from further destruction.

As the Son of Man during my journey on Earth 2,000 years ago, I instituted the most powerful form of prayer in the Adoration and Reception of the Holy Eucharist. I call upon all of you to recognize the power of the Holy Eucharist, for it is through the Adoration and frequent Reception of the Holy Eucharist that the tide of battle against the darkness and evil in the world will be turned overwhelmingly in the direction of the good that the Father in Heaven has planned for the world.

It is also, therefore, important that all of you renew your faith by returning to the confessional to unburden yourselves of the accumulated sins, so that you can truly become powerful spiritual warriors, free from the guilt and shame, and the bondages of sin.

It is so difficult for me to convey to you the importance of prayer in these times. You are living in a world, where all of you are easily swayed by what you see and experience in your lives, giving you knowledge which is visible and detectable to you.

But you must recognize that all prayer has a powerful force and energy that may not seem visible or detectable to you, but hear me now, it is through the power of your collective prayers that the future will be changed for the better. Therefore, I ask of you to set aside your mundane plans and self-serving existence to focus on your prayer life. If you want the changes to take place for the better of humanity, you must resolutely focus on your prayers and the power of your prayers.

I promise you that the world is already changing for the better, although you may not yet see how subtly the changes are happening, but the evil one sees how the tide is turning against him now because of the Power of Prayer!

I leave you now with this Final Message:

The Great Events of the Warning and the Tribulation are soon to take place within your lifetimes. You are so close now to the great events that are going to take place that there is no time now for you to delay in preparing to do the work of the Father in Heaven. ...

Message ended at 9:34pm.

I do not know what spirit this person is hearing from but it is not the Holy Spirit, the bible is very clear that the world will become worse and worse as time goes on and as in the days of Noah so shall the days be of the coming of the son of man. And as far as the new heavens and new earth the old one the one we live on now will be destroyed by fire and the elements will dissolve it will not be an improved earth based on this present earth. Finally nowhere in the bible are we instructed to adorn the eucharist and hold it up to worship the eucharist is an invention of the RCC.

You are sweet gp,

The Bible is a Catholic book. There are so many verses in the Gospel that speak of the Eucharist. Believe
Our Lord's words, He desires all people believe in His presence in the Eucharist. It is supernatural.

The Eucharist is prefigured in the Old Testament too. Why Jesus mentions "Manna" in His discourse on the Eucharist in John 6.

scripturecatholic.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

"I am not sure what you mean, say it again simply to help me and others understand. I'll try to answer anyway... 1. I believe God is almighty, I trust Him, human respect isn't trustworthy because of our fallen nature. 2. If you are talking about the written Word of God, no. It is not easy to understand. God gave the authority to interpret the written Word to the Church who guided by God compiled the written Word." Quote colbe

They were very simple questions colbe...and only 2...(...and there is no mention anywhere in my posts about whether human is trustworthy)...the 1st question relates specifically to your concept of ALMIGHTINESS...your answer informs anything you say/write, and anybody who claims they believe that God is ALMIGHTY.

The answers relate directly to the OP, in that, having thus claimed that you (or anyone else) believe in the ALMIGHTINESS of God, CANNOT answer the 2nd question in the positive, without qualifying ALMIGHTINESS, which then brings into question how ALMIGHTY you (or anyone else) thinks God is...sending you back to a negative response on question 1 - that you already answered in the fullsome positive - YES, ALMIGHTINESS! - without equal, unable to be challenged, creator of the vast heavens and everything contained within and without. In answering the first question to the affirmative, there cannot be a situation where ALMIGHTY GOD COULD NEED ANY HELP WITH ANYTHING - he/she created it all, and can dissolve it in the blink of an eye.

1. Do you believe that God is ALMIGHTY?

2. If you answered yes, can you qualify this Almightiness? (Hint: your answer should be NO!)

In answering NO, you cannot then believe that an ALMIGHTY being would need help...

Å99

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

akushla99
reply to post by colbe

"I am not sure what you mean, say it again simply to help me and others understand. I'll try to answer anyway... 1. I believe God is almighty, I trust Him, human respect isn't trustworthy because of our fallen nature. 2. If you are talking about the written Word of God, no. It is not easy to understand. God gave the authority to interpret the written Word to the Church who guided by God compiled the written Word." Quote colbe

They were very simple questions colbe...and only 2...(...and there is no mention anywhere in my posts about whether human is trustworthy)...the 1st question relates specifically to your concept of ALMIGHTINESS...your answer informs anything you say/write, and anybody who claims they believe that God is ALMIGHTY.

The answers relate directly to the OP, in that, having thus claimed that you (or anyone else) believe in the ALMIGHTINESS of God, CANNOT answer the 2nd question in the positive, without qualifying ALMIGHTINESS, which then brings into question how ALMIGHTY you (or anyone else) thinks God is...sending you back to a negative response on question 1 - that you already answered in the fullsome positive - YES, ALMIGHTINESS! - without equal, unable to be challenged, creator of the vast heavens and everything contained within and without. In answering the first question to the affirmative, there cannot be a situation where ALMIGHTY GOD COULD NEED ANY HELP WITH ANYTHING - he/she created it all, and can dissolve it in the blink of an eye.

1. Do you believe that God is ALMIGHTY?

2. If you answered yes, can you qualify this Almightiness? (Hint: your answer should be NO!)

In answering NO, you cannot then believe that an ALMIGHTY being would need help...

Å99

akushla99,

We've disagreed before but I love you so for taking the time to explain. I understand now. Way to go.

#1 and #2, I immediately thought of a writing by Jim McCrea. You would like his style of writing.
Check out, actually, you have to join Yahoo Groups to read them - the writings of Jim McCrea. He shares why Catholicism is the Truth as opposed to man-made religions, Christian and non-Christian.

The ATS rule, I post an excerpt. God is ALMIGHTY but He desires to draw close to His creation. He wants us to help in the plan of redemption (prayer). That's the beautiful draw for us. And we are like God but we are not divine. God is like us but He is not human (except our Lord who has two natures).

God bless you,

colbe

+ + +

All religions and philosophical systems can be classified as to whether they adhere to *univocity,* *equivocity,* or the *analogy of being.* Only the analogy of being is the truth and is that to which Catholic Christianity subscribes fully. Any other religion or philosophical system is in error to the degree that it follows either univocity or equivocity. For example, Hinduism follows univocity and Islam follows equivocity. These are two errors on both sides of the analogy of being.

To explain this, univocity is the principle of an exaggerated oneness between things. In Hinduism, that follows univocity, everything is manifestations of one type of "stuff" which is Brahman. Everything is collapsed into one. As a result, God and creation are one. This position is also known as *monism.*

Equivocity, on the other hand, maintains that all things in existence are unique individuals with nothing in common. Equivocity is the principle of exaggerated separation of all things from one another. The position that physical objects are unique, with nothing in common, is known as *nominalism.* For example, with nominalism, two chairs are unique individuals with nothing in common. The only thing that they have in common is the name we give them - "chair." Nominalism is the metaphysical basis of equivocity. With equivocity, God is completely transcendent to creation in a way that He has nothing in common with creation and the mind of man cannot reach Him with his understanding. Between God and creation is an unbridgeable gap. Islam subscribes to this in that God reveals primarily His will. If we obey Him, we receive eternal paradise. If we disobey Him, we receive eternal hell-fire - no questions asked. We can have no internalized knowledge of God and He does not enter into a relationship with us. In Islam, God is completely distant. Classical Protestantism also follows equivocity in that God only reveals Himself through Scripture alone and Faith alone. We cannot reason to God or have an internalized knowledge of Him (as Catholicism claims we can).

The analogy of being, on which Catholic Christianity is based, steers between univocity and equivocity. Things are neither collapsed into one, nor are they radically unique. Things have difference and sameness between them at the same time. This is the core principle of the analogy of being and is the core of what constitutes the good, the true, and the beautiful. For example, with the analogy of being, two cats are distinct individuals, but have a common reality "catness" as their essence between them. Essences are the fundamental units of intelligibility that indicate to the human intellect what type of thing that a thing is. All things in existence, although they have their distinct individualities (or *subsistences* technically speaking) are connected to each other through different levels of commonality (e.g. all animals are connected through the generic essence "animalness" which is an objectively real principle that connects all animals).

With the analogy of being, God is both *transcendent* and *immanent.* The transcendence of God means that He is totally other - that He exists in a unique individuality (in three individuals because He is a Trinity) and that none of His being is confused or melded with creation. The immanence of God, on the other hand, means that He is infinitely close to creation as conserver of its existence and as prime move of it. Furthermore, God has a commonality with creation because creation has some similarity to God. Creation mirrors God. If we can see that creation is good and beautiful we have some understanding of the goodness and beauty of God who created it. As well, we can enter into a personal relationship with God so that God can become our Father. In this, there is no remoteness with God. We are one family with God. But at the same time, we and God are not all mushed together. The Father is a distinct individual from His children, even though they live under one roof. That seems to be the only sane way to go. ...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I've been devoting more and more time to prayer and alms-giving, and I'm starting to get more into Orthodox Divine Liturgy and I've always been big but recently more so into reading the Law and the Word and spreading the Gospel through Love.

Prayer, fasting, reading the Word, alms giving, and being involved in the Sacraments are keys to success my brother Colbe,

God bless you and God bless the whole world, in the Most Holy Name of the Most High God, the LORD and His Christ, Shalom!!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

I love your avatar name. I am smiling after reading your post.

Sometimes the world pulls you away but it is so true, try, pray every day. As Our Lord's mother reminds in private revelation, pray until it becomes a joy for you. It does, it happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join