It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You Might Hate Obamacare, But It's Saved These People's Lives "

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

beezzer
Who pays for the surgeries?

Who pays for the medical care?

Who pays for the medicine?

Obama's marketing department.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

No no no, definitely leprechauns...

You know the ones who work their asses off while trying to put food on the table and gas in the car?

::EDIT::

Actually I think we need some proof that this supposedly happened..

This is ATS right? if there is no proof these people got help through Obamacare wouldn't this post be a HOAX?
edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

this is all great .. only one issue..

Obama care is only 5 days old.. and seriously doubt that these people got on it the first day ..

and it's an add because of the "I am Obamacare" .. paid actors..

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Mod's this post belongs in the HOAX forum.

These claims aren't even possible, obvious hoax. Only the gullible believe this, and Obama voters, which is synonymous.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I wonder why many of *these* people needed to have kindergarten kids write their talking points ?

Hmmm.

And we need to wonder why many with pre existing conditions don't already have insurance ?

Most employer insurance doesn't discriminate or cherry pick.

And many states already had high risk pools for PE people who couldn't work or had no employer policy.
[ not all, but many ]

AND, the Federal PCIP program started a few yeas ago.

But I do hope that all this new extended coverage doesn't create any *extra coverage* abilities extended to some people who are experts at *coverage*, people like medical examiners and grave excavators !!!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Even if they all managed to get through and get enrolled, the coverage does not go into effect until January 1 so obamacare has done nothing for them yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Metallicus

Do you get health insurance working as a paid shill for the Obama Administration?

Just curious.

Fair question, OP.
Be honest now; We all know what happened to Chad Henderson:

Instant Celebrity Obamacare Applicant Turns Out To Be OFA Volunteer, President Of “Young Democrats” Group… Update: Chad Thinks He Texts With Jay Carney

Oopsie, turns out that lucky guy Chad’s social media info reveals he “volunteers” for Obama’s “Organizing For America” , he’s President of “Walker County Young Democrats”, and his Facebook says he is paid to “promote for an advocacy group”, a comment he now says was a “joke”.

They can’t even get a real true-life person to sign up to talk to, everything with this administration is a set-up, a lie or a cover-up.

weaselzippers.us...

Obamacare Poster Boy Chad Henderson and His Dad Didn't Really Buy Insurance

reason.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I can't imagine anything worse to put under the control of the federal government. For one thing, it's not in their charter to do so. For another, they've botched every other social program up so why should we think they'll do any better this time? Roosevelt bamboozled the population into thinking that social security revenues would be protected, and look what happened to that.

Federal government is meant to be minimal, is specifically meant to perform very specific duties (all others to be relegated to the States or the People), and may act under "general welfare", but any program that steals from the taxpayer and pays to the non-taxpayer is not general welfare. It's just "welfare" in the distasteful sense that we use the word.

This program will result in mediocre medical care at best, and medical decisions will now be made by other than doctors. Decisions will most certainly not be made by the patient. The program was devised to get votes and nothing else. It's just like any other federal special interest program.

If I fork out for somebody else's medical care (which I've done), it's charity. If the federal government does it, it's robbery.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am Obamacare.

I am 43; my wife, 41. My employer does not offer health care coverage. Her employer provided health care for her at a cost of $252 monthly, or approximately one paycheck per month, with a $5000 deductible. To add me to the plan cost and additional $250 monthly, or $502 dollars monthly, with the same deductible. So essentially, she would have worked to pay for health coverage for both of us. But we didn't enroll in that.

With ACA being enacted, her employer notified the employees they were terminating health care coverage at the end of 2013. And after checking with the exchange, our cost is going to be over $900 monthly and no subsidies, with a $15,000 deductible. This works out to what would be her working solely to cover almost half of the monthly cost and I giving up one quarter of my earnings to cover the other half.

We need her and my earnings to cover our necessary expenses. I earn enough to pay for the house and utilities; she covers the food, fuel for the vehicle and our state's legally mandated auto insurance, leaving us with maybe $200 left over each month. We don't have cable TV. I work from home and the job requires phone and internet. The only 'non-essential' expense we have is Netflix, and that is primarily used to offer entertainment to our 8 year old nephew who is living with us because of issues with his parents. Him living with us precludes either of us taking a second job.

The net result of the ACA and its effects on us is that if we participate, we'll likely be homeless by mid 2014. If we don't participate, it'll cost around $520 for the penalty, so around $45 a month. Granted, we'll have to pay out of pocket for any care we receive, but that's the way it's been with us for the past 15 years already. And as I've already explained, there are no 'unnecessary' expenses to cut other than Netflix, but that is a drop in the bucket and wouldn't change the outcome.

I was doing fine without you and all your 'good intentions' have done is made life more difficult for many Americans... primarily the 'middle class', which was promised wouldn't be affected by taxes and such.
Thank you, but no thank you Obama and Democrats.

P.S.- I find it hypocritical that the penalty for not participating in ACA was determined to be a 'tax' by the Supreme Court, but on the healthcare.gov site, it's clearly spelled out:

If someone who can afford health insurance doesn’t have coverage in 2014, they may have to pay a fee. They also have to pay for all of their health care.

What is a "fee"?
Definition of "fee":

fee [fee] noun, verb, feed, fee·ing.
noun
1. a charge or payment for professional services: a doctor's fee.
2. a sum paid or charged for a privilege: an admission fee.
3. a charge allowed by law for the service of a public officer.
4. Law.
a. an estate of inheritance in land, either absolute and without limitation to any particular class of heirs (fee simple) or limited to a particular class of heirs (fee tail)
b. an inheritable estate in land held of a feudal lord on condition of the performing of certain services.
c. a territory held in fee.
5. a gratuity; tip.

Tell me:
- what professional service do I, or did I receive in exchange for paying this fee?
- what privilege do I receive in exchange for paying this fee?
- what service am I receiving from a public officer in exchange for paying this fee?
- what do I inherit?
- what did the government do for me that deserves the tip I am required to pay?

The answer to all of the above is "The only thing I get out of this is less money in my pocket."

Fact is, being forced to pay for non-compliance with a law is a penalty, otherwise known as a fine. Plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

abecedarian

Fact is, being forced to pay for non-compliance with a law is a penalty, otherwise known as a fine. Plain and simple.

Or as the Mob used to call it, extortion.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

ThichHeaded

abecedarian

A Protection racket.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

IAMTAT

ThichHeaded

abecedarian

A Protection racket.

Interesting thought: protection from what?

I just find it ironic... no, moronic... that the penalty for my non-compliance is more than what health insurance would have cost if my wife forfeited her paycheck to the employer's plan.

What exactly is it about the "Affordable Care Act" that makes paying more than I would have otherwise paid while receiving less "affordable"?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The truth is that this "fee" is in fact a fine and not a tax. You are supposed to get something out of the taxes you pay. With this, you get nothing in return unless you buy something, (healthcare). What is shocking to me is that NO ONE is discussing what you get if you opt out.

What you get is a huge FINE, and you still don't have healthcare. It is most certainly not a tax.

The biggest bill of goods ever shoved down the citizens throats. Well at least we used to be citizens. Subjects of the US, comply... or else.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
HOAX

As pointed out, any policies purchased, under this program, don't take effect until Jan 1.

Furthermore, it takes 5-7 days for an individual application to clear underwriting. That is unless you have pre-existing conditions and the underwriters don't request medical records, then it can take up to 30 days.

The blatant propaganda from the current admin is sickening. Unfortunately, there are too many brain dead Americans to see through it.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
One can tell the op hit a sore spot by all the vitriol by the anti-insurance mob.

How many of you mobsters DON’T HAVE health insurance?

Now don’t lie just to make a point.

I know this op hurts you.
It doesn’t confirm your notions.

Sure this ACA isn’t perfect, but we could have had a better system, maybe based on a Canadian or German model, BUT THE GOP don’t want universal health insurance for all. They didn't cooperate with the attempt to have it in this country.

Actually some of what went into the ACA was first supported by the GOP. But when Obama adapted it all of a sudden they were against it.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No sore spot hit... It's not possible.

I have a life and health license. Their stories are not believable under the current system, which is still operated by the insurance companies and their practices.
edit on 10/6/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Ok, well anyways...

Can you answer many of our questions: How can this be true? It just launched, most cannot get through to sign up, and it doesn't go into effect yet.

You know, instead of just attacking us and stuff. lol

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Sore spot no. straight out lies yes..

I asked for proof that Obamacare helped these people, if they cant provide the proof as asked then this post is a hoax straight and simple..

abecedarian

IAMTAT

ThichHeaded

abecedarian

A Protection racket.

Interesting thought: protection from what?

You don't have ins in a certain amount of time you can be fined up to 2600 bucks or so for not having ins.. Thus them being able to take it out of your paycheck.. That is why they ask you for your banking information.. I am assuming that if you use a mattress as a bank they will probably garnish your wages or something...

I am curious, if you don't pay the fine nor have ins can they throw you in jail?

@ Ashley, And stuff... Made me laugh..
edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Gov. Steve Beshear's media briefing on the implementation of the Affordable Care Act

Gov. Besher lays it on the line!

edit on 6-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Personally I wanted a single payer like Canada. Also, I am not an Obama fan, but I am realistic, and hope the system gets better.

I personally have had a good Job all my life and don’t need insurance, but I have a girl friend that had a stroke in South Carolina and because of that states policies can’t get health insurance.

She is not a bum. She is a college graduate who has worked all her life, and went down there to take care of her dying father and what happens she gets sick herself.

A national universal policy like Canada and European countries should be in the US.

There are horror stories all over this country that this anti-universal health care mob doesn’t give a dam about.

I have empathy for other people who are, for whatever reason, in dire straits because this country doesn’t have universal health care.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join