It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Are We Viewed By Other Ailen Races?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Sinter Klaas
I probably think, they are thinking of giant buck of Kentucky fried chicken wings, when the observe us...

What better food source van you get, then 7 billion live stock that you can tell what they have to do, and how to get their, to do it.

It's like Incoming food parts.

Humans don't have alot of meat on them compared to the average beef, horse or elephants. And if they want the number... there are more termites than humans on Earth. Like, thousands of more. There are trillion of termites.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

I think the "Andromedans" did just that if Billy Meier is be believed. LoL

Apparently they come from the Daal or Dahl universe.
LoL

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

"Not if these aliens have our level of technology or even lower."

I suppose its down to humanity's arrogance, kind of like if we cant detect them with our level of technology then how could they detect us with an inferior level of technology.

Sheer luck would be my guess, kind of like the lottery.

edit on 6-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

swanne

Sinter Klaas
I probably think, they are thinking of giant buck of Kentucky fried chicken wings, when the observe us...

What better food source van you get, then 7 billion live stock that you can tell what they have to do, and how to get their, to do it.

It's like Incoming food parts.

Humans don't have alot of meat on them compared to the average beef, horse or elephants. And if they want the number... there are more termites than humans on Earth. Like, thousands of more. There are trillion of termites.

I know, I like to eat little chicken wings as well, they make me even more hungry then a large steak.

You don't think any alien race, would simply kill for food ? We would become a delicacy for them. A place to go on a feeding frenzy holiday.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by swanne

I suppose its down to humanity's arrogance, kind of like if we cant detect them with our level of technology then how could they detect us with an inferior level of technology.

I guess. Don't they (the "scientists") know that any aliens looking at the dark side of our planet will immediately guess that it is populated with an intelligent life (since our city lights are visible from space). No need for fancy neutrino-oscillation-of-quantum-flux-backward-time-detector for that.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Why does everyone (seem to) assume that aliens will view us completely impartially? How aliens will view us depends entirely on what the aliens themselves are like. Are they a warring race? Peaceful? Expansionist? Insular? All of these things will determine the way that they view us. You can only ever look through your own eyes.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sinter Klaas
You don't think any alien race, would simply kill for food ? We would become a delicacy for them. A place to go on a feeding frenzy holiday.

Good point.

Oops.. I hope they don't get ideas when they read my name.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Swanne, I imagine "They" and there scientists know rather a lot that there not willing to share!

I also imagine that if alien races did not know of our existence then they sure did after the first atomic tests and subsequent nuclear detonations that humanity has willingly unleashed upon mother Earth.

edit on 6-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

And also with the first radio/tv broadcasts that were transmitted back in the 1930s. If they are able to pick those signals up that is.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Hahahaha! Love your reply. My cat is pretty intelligent. She knows when to beep me on the nose in the morning to get me up and feed her. She can also pick up on my emotions too and will swish her tail behind me to cheer me up when I am feeling down.

As to Sesame Street that is hilarious. I also wonder what they would make of Big Bird. The Cookie Monster was also my favourite too!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

After listening/watching/learning about all our wars , and how we are destroying this planet, I believe they'd think us to be parasitical, careless, foolish, suicidal, and downright stupid.

We are digging our own grave, just look at Fukushima...
World WarI,II. -shame on humanity IMO.

The bad outweighs the good, so unfortunately it would not paint a pretty picture of us.
But never give up hope. They might catch an old episode of Gilligan's Island.

I have to agree with you on this. I don't think WW2 was preventable because Hitler was determined to invade and expand his Reich no matter what as that was part of the Nazi ideology. Today though he might be contained. But yes it is shameful for what occurred ie the Holocaust. As an outsider looking in, ET must be appalled at our behaviour. It is toe curling to think that one of the first tv broadcasts aliens would pick up is that of Hitler at the 1936 Olympics. Hardly a shining beacon of Humanity.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I think a Visitor named Diana would disagree!
And Mike Donovan would do anything to avoid being the main course!
Seriously though I often wonder if this planet was just some glorified ranch for aliens with Humans on the menu, surely they would have come and eaten us by now. Unless of course they come by every thousand years or so and do a mass cull. And then wait for humanity to rebuild and restock. Now where did I put that bestselling cookbook To Serve Man...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

pikestaff
'They' will watch star trek, above and beyond, Firefly, seaview, stargate, starship troopers, battle Los Angeles, battleship, forbidden planet, deep space nine, and be very glad that we have not found them yet!

Ahhh but if it is the Ferengi then you can be sure they will make First Contact soley for the purpose of making huge amounts of latinum!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Put us in suicide prevention protection lol

5 minute watches after bed time, multiple log entries per shift......oh and you get a special gown made out of brown paper bags to sleep in.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If I were an alien, I think I'd find a way to stay the hell away from us.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Containment

Make sure these guys don't get out too far (like those other messy critters did during the first 5 billion years of Universe 34B's evolution).

At the same time, respect the life forms and don't interfere with their progress.

Try not to crash because the planet is stuck in a selfish state and the top food-chainers will only re-purpose your technology to accelerate a base desire for self-destruction (also known as "war").

We're making a lot of assumptions here of course. I suspect only the most highly-respected Yogi aliens are allowed to venture near this planet. Those who have been in training for many hundreds of (our) years to slow their minds down enough (close to actually dying) - just slow enough to be able to determine the subtle intellectual differences between humans, flies, viruses, guppies and cows.

Having met many other races over millennia, they'd be wayyy over the "gee, he looks ugly" syndrome and might be more curious about life forms if anything, while being careful not to reveal themselves 'less they get shot, captured or killed.

Collection

Collect specimens because life that has developed on Earth is 90% likely to destroy itself (as it did on sister planet Mars and many other rocky worlds). We need to catalogue all lifeforms of Universe 34B before this happens because what each universe produces is a gift to us all.

I assume you're talking about the really intelligent beings, right? Not the ones who are only 5 million times more intelligent than us.

edit on 7/10/2013 by objectman because: clarity

Destruction

Get rid of any that venture too far or threaten our (peaceful? or perhaps even more violent?) way of life.

By the way. Well done, previous poster. Nothing here for the NSA to worry about, eh

edit on 7/10/2013 by objectman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
Let's suppose that on another planet somewhere it is reported that signals have been picked up from elsewhere in the Galaxy, there is confirmation and it is found to be coming from Earth. They listen and watch our broadcasts of good and bad times in our history. What will they make of us? How are we as a species regarded do you think by other ET's in the galaxy?

Diverse

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I believe if some other civilization picks our signals and learns from it about us... they will just ignore it...

Even if they can build spaceship to cross waste distance from their home to our, they would already figure out that would be futile, as at the time they make it here, we will be well gone...

At least, this is how I see our so called 'progress'... we are getting better and better at destroying earth and us with it...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
They've been here for a long time. On earth, under earth, in the solar system, and able to access the solar system. Two different sides and its up to us always which side dominates the show. They view this as a classroom and we're kindergarden kiddies.

Up/down, progression/upgrade or regression/downgrade, the tetter totter, and we need to work through all the things that make us able to live in the frequency of a war and starvation planet. We've got problems.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I agree with most members here in that it depends on the aliens themselves and what they are like as well. If they are like us, then they would understand our current situation because they've more then likely been through it. That gives us hope to one day advance and become a unified species.

If they are peaceful, they might find us to be a species hell bent on destruction and self termination. They might leave us be and watch us as we bring about our own destruction. But if Earth like planets are as rare as scientist say in that it has the ability to sustain life, then they might kill us all to save the planet, wait a couple 100 thousand years for the Earth to rebalance and populate it themselves.

If they are war like, then we are screwed! But like we said, it depends on them and what they are like. It also depends on us as well and what we are probably going to act like if we ever make contact. Do we greet them and welcome them to our planet, or do we pull out the big guns and shoot everything in sight as Hollywood shows us to be.

-BmwSauber

edit on 7-10-2013 by BmwSauber because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join