It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Are We Viewed By Other Ailen Races?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Let's suppose that on another planet somewhere it is reported that signals have been picked up from elsewhere in the Galaxy, there is confirmation and it is found to be coming from Earth. They listen and watch our broadcasts of good and bad times in our history. What will they make of us? How are we as a species regarded do you think by other ET's in the galaxy?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

They will class you as a an intelligient cat that can write good English.

Just imagine if they get hit by a Sesame Street episode. They will think they might get eaten by 'cookie monsters' and flattened by 'big birds'.

On the whole history of this world, they will probably notice many similarities to their past history.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Put us in suicide prevention protection lol

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

After listening/watching/learning about all our wars , and how we are destroying this planet, I believe they'd think us to be parasitical, careless, foolish, suicidal, and downright stupid.

We are digging our own grave, just look at Fukushima...
World WarI,II. -shame on humanity IMO.

The bad outweighs the good, so unfortunately it would not paint a pretty picture of us.
But never give up hope. They might catch an old episode of Gilligan's Island.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

We would most lightly be viewed as homicidal insane rapist vermin by any advanced Alien race considering how we treat not just the planet but also one another.

edit on 6-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

After watching us for a while they send out a message to all other ET's in galaxy, move galaxys get as far away from this galaxy as possible lol.

EVACUATE GALAXY.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

restless genius

After watching us for a while they send out a message to all other ET's in galaxy, move galaxys get as far away from this galaxy as possible lol.

EVACUATE GALAXY.

I can see it now,

First alien: What's it like on planet Earth like?

Second alien: Don't go down there! Stay away from that place buddy, the dominant species are not right in the cranial pouch!
LoL

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It's an interesting thought. Seems kinda impossible to know, though. I would imagine they would understand the best and worst of times of our history as reflective of the best and worst of their own. But, I guess that's myopic considering it's very difficult, if not impossible, to imagine the context of different life and how it might develop in conditions extremely different than our own.

But if they were able to relate, I don't think there'd be the value judgments that a lot of people will describe: look at the stupid, ignorant humans who make the same mistakes over and over and are hurdling toward self-destruction, if not the destruction of their world. They would probably feel like they were looking in a mirror and be motivated to continue to explore the frustration of trying to participate in and advance a civilization while being involuntarily forced to submit to core instincts that may or may not aid in progress.

On the other hand, if we found a planet with life and were able to observe its historical patterns and daily routines and they were comparable to ours, there's no doubt we would judge them as incredible achievers of beauty, art and progress, while at the same time, cruel and backward savages.

Life is a conundrum ... probably elsewhere just like here.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We have no idea what they would have as morale or values. The could see us as weak and peaceful, they could see us chaotic, the could see us as barbaric, the could see us as sprittual etc. However they see us will be through their own perspective and since we have no idea what that is we can never know how we will be viewed.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Confused, intelligent, stupid, diverse...of high potential.

That's what my guess would be.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

"We have no idea what they would have as morale or values. The could see us as weak and peaceful, they could see us chaotic, the could see us as barbaric, the could see us as sprittual etc."

You do realise that while the poor aliens are attempting understand us Humans somebody somewhere is going to attempt to either kill/capture them, steal from them, screw them or eat them, and not necessarily in that order! And that's just our government officials
LoL

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A extremely volatile strain of something that they need to keep an eye on....Very Closely...Extremely Interesting, Deadly Bacteria.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
'They' will watch star trek, above and beyond, Firefly, seaview, stargate, starship troopers, battle Los Angeles, battleship, forbidden planet, deep space nine, and be very glad that we have not found them yet!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

OMG, the horror! They'd think us savages, who like wearing really tight outfits, and always ask to be beamed up somewhere, and keep losing crew members whenever it's their first trip somewhere and have never been heard of before. hahahaha.

Your post really made me laugh, thanks.

edit on 6/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We'd really need more to qualify this one. Which signals are they listening too? The "Honneymooners"?, "I Luv Lucy?"

If they watch us "in our entirety", then they'll probably at least understand that we use comedy to relieve tension in our daily lives. But, when they watch us kill people in war, although they probably know what war is, it's probably something that they no longer practice. They'll know we have to grow out of it.

Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

As people with flaws, but also people who try to evolve. As people who often display apathy, but also ingenuity.

We look exactly as we are: keeps making mistakes, but thriving for a better tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

lol if I was the ET watching us I would try and escape the universe, go to another one, hopefully not a parallel one.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

must be the same way as we are looking to the monkey's in an zoo

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

ressiv

must be the same way as we are looking to the monkey's in an zoo

Not if these aliens have our level of technology or even lower. Why do every alien races are automatically assumed to be higher than us?

They're not "angels". They're aliens. Non-human beings.

edit on 6-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I probably think, they are thinking of giant buck of Kentucky fried chicken wings, when the observe us...

What better food source van you get, then 7 billion live stock that you can tell what they have to do, and how to get their, to do it.

It's like Incoming food parts.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join