It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble with a friend trying to sign up to site.. any ideas on how to help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
hey guys, ok iv an unsual problem here lol, a friend of mine has been trying to sign up to ats for a while but upon signup all they get is a blank white screen (see below images)

now they are running windows 8. i have went through browser settings with them, made sure cookies and such are allowed and enabled , even so far as to tell them to add ats to the allow lists) and their java and flash are up to date (all of which are)

so now we are at a conundrum , they really wanna join and contribute but im at a loss on how to help them further.. any ideas?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would try with a different browser to see if it he could log in with that?
Can you log in with your own details using his PC and browser he is using?
edit on 6-10-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
unfortunatly we live across country from each other so not possible for me to check that out. also worth adding it was also tried on pc runnin win 7 ultimate 64 bit and same issues. its just weird o.O

also yes we tried using another browser

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Weird, haven't got windows 8 so unfortunately can't help, but I use windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and can log in no probs also with my iPad and iPhone. Ask him to try a different log in name, maybe the one he is trying has been used before by someone else?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Have them start Firefox in safe mode, and see if things start working.

Firefox - safe mode

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

well when adding username it comes up username is good so im assuming that the name is fine.

its a weird problem and most frustrating lol

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I wonder if it is just the registration page.

Y'all could try it where you register for him, send him the info see if he can log in with it, and he can then change his pw if needed.

Just a thought if you are out of options atm.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Excellent idea...try to log him in using your PC and a different password, if ok, send him the details and he can change password once he is in...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

tried this and it removes the objects error but still blankl page

also yea id thought about that, just registering him myself and sending him the details, i wasnt sure though incase i got into trouble by the admin
lol (it would show dupe ip to start with)

may be the only choice at this point though

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Tried with a phone yet?

If unable too - your security settings on your antivirus is blocking certain scrips. Try adding ats to the list of trusted sites on your antivirus software. (Not the browser security, but the virus one)

Or maybe just suspending the software while you register.
edit on 6-10-2013 by ChuckNasty because: clarification

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
ok heres an update... site wont work from his phone so thats a no go

i just tried to create it myself from my computer (all popups off, and antivirus and firewalls disabled) with 3 browsers, firefox, chrome and opera and same issue on all 3. blank screen after entering username and email for registration
edit on 6/10/13 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hit refresh you need to check your email after also

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

tried both >.< will t ell him to check his spam folder too just in case

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I tried to signup for 3 days; webmaster address is broken; contact email address is not answered.
I finally figured out that I had to fully disable my avast anti-virus first, then signup worked
fine.

KPB

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

I tried to signup for 3 days; webmaster address is broken; contact email address is not answered.
I finally figured out that I had to fully disable my avast anti-virus first, then signup worked
fine.

KPB

Avast!! That's the one. My antivirus uses its program thingie as well firewall.

It is too good sometimes.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hi there, i actually had to create a new account also,to get in-much the same problem-i did ask a mod to try and force a new password/log me out somehow(because i was stuck in a sort of limbo/purgatory on my previous account)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i would love my old account back-i hope some mod can help me-the last time i asked for help,i got a reset url that was 404'd,so i really do not know what's going on-and by that time i was already logged out on the only devive that i still had a connection on-my hubby's pc-idk anything about pc's-so i imagined i should log out on that,so the new password force could go through-and then i was locked out,so i decided to take a break from posting for a few days anyway.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxo888

Check your PMs in this account, I fixed your Raxoxane account log in problem.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

il find out what antivirus they use and to make sure they have it turned off

also thansk everyone so far for the help, hes getting a bit frustrated but is determined to sign up lol

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
ok we made sure his firewall was off, he doesnt have antivirus yet as its a new laptop and still nothing >.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I was having the same problem. I would hit submit and get a blank page and no email. It worked today tho.

new topics

top topics

join