It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Anomaly in the grocery store

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Strange indeed then. I sometimes feel I have lost time. I have thought about it quite a lot actually - settling on the explanation that time feels like it's speeding up. But it feels like more than that. I cannot explain it, and actually feel a little spooked when I give it too much thought.

It's been happening to me for about the last 8-10 years. I feel that is the time period where there are holes - unexplained instances yet the whole period feels incomplete for some reason (not letting it affect me - just aware of it).

For example, was doing a routine 5 hour drive which I arrived at 14 hours later - zero explanation. I did this drive every week. I left at what I believe was 4:00 am and should have arrived by 8:30 (if making good time) - 9:15 am. Instead I arrived at 6:00 pm that evening. I had watched the sun come up on my way to my destination. I have no idea what happened and never in my life will I forget how disoriented I felt. I did not even realize it had taken me 14 hours until I began working - that is the other oddity. I would have looked at my clock and/or watch but I don't recall doing this (I'm sure I did though). What happened?

This is the only incident I can recall at this moment but I know there have been a few others (not sure why I can't remember them right now). The point is - the past 8-10 years feels incomplete.

I will also state that during this drive once I saw my first and only unexplained flying object in the sky (not during the incident I described above). I do not study alien abductions nor do I believe this happened to me. I just thought of that though so thought I would mention it.

I didn't tell my story to steer this thread away from your strange phenomenon by the way - but rather saw it as an opportunity to share something that frightens me and that I rarely think about, but also seems to match your criteria.

It's clear others in that line experienced the same thing so it was collective in your case. They were all silent. That part needs more thinking about. Why didn't anyone say, "what happened there...that was strange, etc". Could you tell they were all stumped though? It is almost as if there was a break in time that was then assembled back together yet you guys picked up on it - were the residual of it.

I know there are psychological explanations for things like déjà vu but not this. It's too bad you couldn't converse with some of the others in line after this happened. I wonder if no one said anything because they thought it was just them.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Dianec because: Added something to the end to insure I followed up with OP's experience.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
posting before typing was the time anomaly ?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

No. the true OP is at the middle of the page.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Swan

edit on 6-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think maybe your brain had a time slip.
As a former grocery store cashier, I can't tell you how common this is.
Someone lets someone else in front, they don't have room to put their stuff down (I would keep the groceries coming at me as fast as possible, so the next person could get theirs down) and the person with 2 items would keep them in their hands, and especially if they were old, they wouldn't notice I had gone onto the next persons order (especially if I couldn't see their held items or if they didn't put a bar down between the orders).

In the time it literally takes you to tell the next person to cut ahead, your order can be half done.
And by the time the person says "thank you" the cashier is onto the second bag. Then, of coarse, we would end up looking like the bad guys because now we have to unscan the groceries we have already rang in. Which ends up taking more time than it would have if you hadn't let someone cut.

This was especially annoying when someone with only 12 items let someone with 2 items cut ahead. Because in the time it took them to say "go ahead" and wait for the other person to unload their two items, we could have been done their order.

Then, like you said, you couldn't even identify your own groceries, so I doubt you were really paying attention, probably just day dreaming like everyone else who lets someone cut in line.

And last, but not least, at least once a day, someone would unpack their groceries and pick up a magazine and get one page open and I would have to say "how are you paying" and they would say "oh, that was fast" because I was already done and they would think they had time to kill. Even with carts.

For the record, I believe in time slips, I just don't think this was one.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

I beg to differ. I have arthritis in my hands which makes me embarassed because of how long it takes me to unload. I had several large items and the first lady was still standing there putting her wallet in her purse when I let the man in front of me.I may not understand the ins and outs of computer dogma, but there was some kind of time warp or something. Yes we all thought WTF but nobody said anything. It was too startleing and weird. I also agree with the poster that said they have felt like time is speeding up and then sometimes it is the opposite. That same day ,my friend said she had to go around a tree branch on her way to my house and then she found herself going around the same branch again and passing the same buildings she`d already passed. Maybe some people went forward and others backward. Beats me,but I thought it worth posting.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

chardonnay the same time f up happened to me as a young lad 4 hours vanished walking across a field one saturday .

one minute it was 10 am the next 1.50 pm and i was only tens of metres from houses .

to this day i still think about it but i never will explain it no matter how many times i think about it .

but in the 35 + years since then i have seen time do weird things more than once .

and i am more puzzled than ever

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I read this thread yesterday right before you posted it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So your order magically went to the counter by themselves?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Hey I'm having a deja vu BIG TIME, I read a thread like this one almost a full year ago...did someone have a similar thread???

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Im going to have to practice this

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Years ago my wife and I were going for a night out. We remember leaving the house until we both woke up in bed next morning and our clothes were a bit muddy .
To this day we don't know what happened to us. I usually don't drink much if we are going out so that I can get us both back home safely also too many idiots around here think you are an easy target if you are drunk.
So I know for a fact drink wasn't involved....

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I DONT UNDERSTAND TME DO ANY OF YOu ? ibUT IT HAPPENNED. Our concepts of whats reality and isn't have to be reexamined We used to feel life was stable following normal parameters and now the norm isn't fitting the bill Anymore anomalysI iwould love to here Thanks guys Chard

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

strange davy i just took my mothers dog back to that area and looked at it again it still wheackles my whackle just thinking about it .

fourty foot across a field ?? and four hours i remember running about my neighbours looking at their clocks thinking my gran was joking

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

chardonnay

I DONT UNDERSTAND TME DO ANY OF YOu ? ibUT IT HAPPENNED. Our concepts of whats reality and isn't have to be reexamined We used to feel life was stable following normal parameters and now the norm isn't fitting the bill Anymore anomalysI iwould love to here Thanks guys Chard

I don't personally have any stories I can recall, however your thread prompted me to do an interwebs search lol. Here are a few sites I found dedicated to the subject and full of similar stories.

Time and Dimension Travel, True Stories

Time Slip Accounts (Blog)

Para.Science-Time Slips

Hopefully knowing that you're not alone in experiencing this phenomenon will put at ease... however after reading some of these stories, you might be put more at ease by knowing your experience was rather mild compared to some others.

This kind of thing chills me to the bone... Happy Halloween

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Its them supermarket lights that does this, its that dizzy feeling you get standing there for so long in a line, its that is anyone staring at me feeling, Is my bankcard going to pay for all these items feeling.
Supermarkets make me anxious.

My neighbor got a free cooked chook last week some person left it behind at the bagging area.
he picked it up and walked out with his grocery's and didn't notice until he got home.
edit on 16/10/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I sometimes wish when I'm at the local supermarket and behind some old buddy who takes forever buying a few things that either I had lost time waiting or gave them an ejector seat just to get rid

edit on 16-10-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've been keeping up with this thread, and now I HAVE DISAPPEARING FOOD! Plus a plushy cheetah toy my hubby won me. We went out to dinner at a place near the shore, we ate a lot & I couldn't finish my meal so I got a box to carry it home, we then went into their candy store that's part of the building and I bought candy for the kids, sour patch gummy bears for my son and wax fangs for my daughter cause I knew she'd get a kick out of it. We danced some and then my hubby played a crane game and won me the stuffed cheetah. We rode with his sister and brother in law and I kept the stuff in my lap most of the time. We made one stop for cigarettes so I got out to smoke a cigarette since it was a long drive and his sister and brother in law don't smoke so we don't smoke in the car.

I Put the bags down beside the seat I was sitting in, and we got home. I specifically remember having it in my hand when I got to the door, I set it down on my Bannister to unlock the front door, and grabbed it, dropped the stuffed toy, picked it up walked to the seat & set it down, took off my heels cause my feet were throbbing so bad hurting cause we danced and I had worn some wedges, very high wedges, went to change into PJ's and had to go tinkle, got distracted on facebook and then remembered my food, can't find it anywhere and the last time I knew where it was, it was on the seat with my coat. I checked everywhere. I see not a single sign of it!!!! Looked outside and inside. I am scratching my head...I KNOW I had it in the house, but I somehow think it's going to be found in Hubby's sister's vehicle, I hope. :/ I didn't drink anything but soda, no alcohol though they have a bar, and I'm not even a little tired (Even though it was well after midnight that we got home).

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I was at a grocery store once. The weird thing is that I never go to the grocery store.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Thankyou people for being so supportive. I truly appreciate the intertwining of minds---- even the jokes help. But when I state something,I have wracked my puny little brain for a more plausible explanation. How do I get these red lines off , by the way?.-----Chard

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I've seen this happen a lot.
The checker is working faster than you thought. She pressed the button to move your stuff up. So she was rightfully confused. You just didn't notice she had started on yours
At least that's how I read what you wrote. I don't see it as a time slip
edit on 25-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join