It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albino Moose Shot in Quebec during Hunting Season.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

PtolemyII
reply to post by superman2012

There are bunches of native American prophecies about albino animals.
Especially moose and buffalo
They are sacred

I can appreciate a persons belief but that doesn't change the fact that it is a genetic mutant.

What they believed was more of a curse anyways, you kill an albino animal, you die/lose your ability to hunt, etc. With the exception of the Buffalo which was regarded as an omen of great wisdom.
I'm not an Indian and because of that I see no reason why this animal cannot be hunted like any other, just like I have no compunctions about eating beef even though over a billion people view them as sacred.

It is a beautiful animal though.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Abino mutations are awesome.

Wish you could get a Lutino mutation with moose's, which would make moose all yellow.

I have lutino birds and albino birds.

what these hero's done was shoot a easy target, a target that is unique is not fair game.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There is no explaining the bloodthirsty nature of hunters. They revel in the power they don't have in other areas of their lives.

As for the poor moose, it should be handed over to the native tribes in the area as a lesson to that a**hat and that a**hat should be heavily fined.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
That's amazing. Wish they wouldn't have shot it though. Hopefully they will at least make a cool rug or something.

I wish I was in an area to hunt. Commercial meats/vegetables are disgusting.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Such a shame. Albino animals in the wild are usually at a disadvantage due to no longer being part of the herd/easier to see and so their chances of surviving are quite reduced. What a shame that these hunters didn't think of the magic of how this moose survived to such a stately size and age... and to think how they could have just let it be to survive for years more possibly in a world where the odds are stacked against him. Some hunt for food and I have no problem with that if they are hunting with respect. But this just shouts opportunity. Like one of the other posters here pointed out - "what an unfair advantage that the hunters had in killing this animal that stood out". I'm sure these hunters were amazed at this unexpected and beautiful sight. I'm sure other people may have liked that opportunity in the future, if they were to be so lucky. Now no one will ever see this gorgeous creature living his life and as for the moose - lights out, just like that. He avoided other dangerous animals by being smart and careful, with his "disability" and made it far, and in this case he just simply stood out at the wrong place, the wrong time. Murder!

edit on 6/10/13 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chefspicy

WHY would they shoot it!?! To brag that they shot an albino Moose? What a bunch of idiots. I hope it's illegal and they get into trouble. I am going to assume these animals are extremely rare and they did what? Kill it for sport?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

WHY would they shoot it!?! To brag that they shot an albino Moose? What a bunch of idiots. I hope it's illegal and they get into trouble. I am going to assume these animals are extremely rare and they did what? Kill it for sport?

Do you eat hamburgers?

:sniff:

I smell a lot of hypocritical animal killers in this here topic.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

hello, yes it was a legal kill, no rules from what i have read about killing albino animals.. but just he moral of it, there are thousands of normal , brown moose around here, some of the highest population in canada for moose and he had to go with this one just to be different , .. anyway its food in his freezer and a hide on his bed!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

it was a legal kill..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I'm vegan.

The only animal thing I consume is eggs and milk.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

swanne
reply to post by OrphanApology

I'm vegan.

The only animal thing I consume is eggs and milk.

If you eat eggs and milk you're not vegan.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Okay. "Ovo-lacto-vegan".

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

swanne

OrphanApology

Okay. "Ovo-lacto-vegan".

It's called "vegetarian".

A vegan is someone who does not consume animal products in any form.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

OrphanApology
It's called "vegetarian".

A vegan is someone who does not consume animal products in any form.

Oops.

Seems you're right. My bad.

I translated that wrong (I'm french). Thanks for the reminder!

edit on 6-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'm all for hunting game for food.

That said, this guy is a complete dumb ass. Plenty of other animals to hunt, and he couldn't sit back and simply admire this beast? Talk about a major pos.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That hunting game promotes killing of rare animals!!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I LOVE animals. Except for snakes. This is a tragic loss of life art. Those hunters and their families should be forced to eat what they took from Earth and its humanity. I am sure there are planets with animals and no people. It must be a peaceful heaven.
People can be evil. Many people on this earth are just evil. It results in the rest of us to being denied a place to exist in peace and harmony, including the animals. Animal cruelty makes me feel very very sad. Man can make a hell. I am in the stage of life where I avoid any dysfunctional angry violent hateful selfish conflict people causing evil relations. Life is way too short to spend time with such types of humans.
edit on 6-10-2013 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

frugal
I LOVE animals. Except for snakes.

No... don't say that... some snakes can be quite cute...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

PtolemyII
reply to post by superman2012

There are bunches of native American prophecies about albino animals.
Especially moose and buffalo
They are sacred

Depends on the tribe and which culture your talking, to some they are sacred, to others they maybe negative spiritually, but for both it is a no no to kill them. Most cases they are sacred and it has to do with the spirit world and mother earth.

The most sacred to all is the white buffalo which there are a couple alive today. One kept alive by farmer/rancher who respected the native American feeling toward the animal. Of course he takes a few bucks if you want to see it lol.

As for the tigers they are rare and getting more so now, but they found them where they did not expect to, high in the himalayas. There is albino and no it has no effect on it's ability to hunt. Most prey do not see color anyway but the albino is healthy and has no problem catching prey. It has also found mate.

There are efforts to try and protect this newly found high mountain band of tigers. They are spread across several countries in the high himalayas.

There is a very good documentary on them although the albino was not found until after it was made it is amazing to see these majestic cats at such high altitude. Amazing documentary, I suggest all seek it out, just search himalayan tigers.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

swanne

frugal
I LOVE animals. Except for snakes.

No... don't say that... some snakes can be quite cute...

That snake looks cool but after growing up in the country snakes scare me.

Being thirty miles from town and surrounded by rattlesnakes ruins a person for life in terms of snake affection.

Also I would like to point out to all of the people who state that eating animals is cruel that eating plants is actually even more cruel considering they are genetically superior.

Rice beats us yet we eat it every day.

"The human genome is estimated to have as few as 30-45,000 functional genes, while Oryza sativa has between 32,000 and 56,000 functional genes. The earthworm, Caenorhabditis elegans, has 19,000 genes and the plant, Arabidopsis thaliana has 25,000 genes."

www.imperial.ac.uk...

Human existence relies on killing other organisms. There's nothing morally superior about eating a bean instead of a salmon. I doubt either one if it could speak would choose to be eaten instead of allowed to grow and flourish.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join