It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Vision Viewing and UFO Hunting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
From what I understand if one is lucky enough to own night vision goggles and use them to view the night sky then the chances of spotting a UFO are vastly increased. This might explain why the night vision goggles are so expensive. TPTB don't want them made available to the masses and the truth revealed. Has anyone had personal experience though of this? Would love to hear of your experiences

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

From what I understand if one is lucky enough to own night vision goggles and use them to view the night sky then the chances of spotting birds and bats are vastly increased.

Fixed it for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

From what I understand if one is lucky enough to own night vision goggles and use them to view the night sky then the chances of spotting a UFO are vastly increased

Indeed it is but only because NV equipment makes the ordinary appear extraordinary , birds , bugs ,planes and satellites all appear as Undefined Flying Objects , it's my belief that that's why youtube UFO hunters like to use NV as it shows objects but leaves out the detail .

Out of the many NV UFO videos I've seen the only one that I remember that made me scratch my head is this one ....

Until Soylent Green Is People came up with what I believe is the solution to what was being filmed in This post

Night Vision is a nice toy but in my opinion unsuited to UFO hunting for the reasons above .

edit on 6-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Some camcordas have night vision on them, so maybe that could be used to

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You can still get some pretty good results without them. I use binoculars almost every clear night and I see plenty of strange things. One of the best was an orange, brilliantly glowing ball streaking across the very distant horizon. What a sight!

I have a pair of Nikon 10x50 binoculars and they are good for the job. Mine were only around $150 at Cabelas, and that isn't much. But, if you decide to do the same, don't go with cheap ones as they are junk... On a slightly different note, I tried for months to find people from Craigslist to participate in watching, but nobody was interested. I couldn't believe it !! I must be the only "fringe" in the area. I believe that people, for the most part, don't want to know.
edit on 6-10-2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
From what I understand if one is lucky enough to own night vision goggles and use them to view the night sky then the chances of spotting a UFO are vastly increased. This might explain why the night vision goggles are so expensive. TPTB don't want them made available to the masses and the truth revealed. Has anyone had personal experience though of this? Would love to hear of your experiences

Only if you think a 0.25 mpixel resolution picture of green dot's is proof, yes that's a typical resolution for night vision goggles!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
But what about the Vee shaped ones?
Or the ones that attack with lasers other UFOs that Grimsley and cohorts talk about?
BUGS HAVE LASERS HEY?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Camera's with night vision, or camcorders, are useful, but people don't realize what the object will still look like, even if it was up close, say 50-150 feet above you, very low, soundless, and plane sized or bigger, it will still show up at night as an orb. A round light thing.

You can make your own night vision goggles. Just search on youtube. They may not be the same as the high cost ones but they help.

What I see as the real problem here is that you need to actual have some full spectrum light, to illuminate area, and you really can't just point light up in the sky, due to aircrafts.

There are some solutions, but they cost money and if you're a novice like me about the equipment, it has a learning curve. I've bought a telescope and a full spectrum camcorder, it was only a couple hundred dollar one, so not expensive, and some joining equipment. But couldn't tell if it was the right one, to attach it to the telescope, but the telescope itself is a big learning curve, let alone trying to attach the camera. The spare time for all of this isn't going to happen at this point, not to mention clouds move in quickly here and only some nights are clear.

But I think without really expensive equipment, that is one way to go.

UFO Sighting in infrared over ECETI Ranch, July 6, 2010.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The video of night vision at Eceti ranch shows that even some expensive equipment still captures an orb.

Which is why there is no reason not to just have a camera, with night vision and video capacity. And just have it on standby. You're still going to get an orb for any craft that flies over.

www.ufocasebook.com...

There are lots of links for taking ufo pictures, but LOL, still orbs in the photos.

I'm not saying ufo's are orbs, they're crafts, but camera's don't pic up the shape or size, they just pic up the light around them.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
One of the most useful things you can do if you are in your back yard or on an outing, and capture anything that you've witnessed, is to give details on the height, what the object appeared like, and any feelings it generated, ie, where you connected to it, did it greet you, or did it appear suddenly when you thought or said something, and that happens for some. ie I've read, "show yourself, I know you're up there'" said in humor and joy, and they appear.

In any case, then do the same procedure for anything you can capture that is not the silent object, but a plane, or a chopper or a jet, and note the difference in light, color, and especially your camera picking up sound, and distance, try to video journal comparisons, for that would really assist against skeptics. Also balloons of all types.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The German supermarket company Lidl UK were selling night vision attachments for £125 around the $200 mark. I didn't realise there were so many nerds around here, they sold out on the day. Em Wah missed out

edit on 6-10-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

gortex
Until Soylent Green Is People came up with what I believe is the solution to what was being filmed in This post

Night Vision is a nice toy but in my opinion unsuited to UFO hunting for the reasons above .

No, a satellite can never stop and reverse its course in the sky or make angled turns. The style of orbit makes no difference, nor any form of apogee dynamics, orbit positioning, obliquity, eccentricity, polarity, nor other orbit characteristic. To the ground observer underneath they still all move in a straight line only, unless geostationary.

Now that line of motion can appear to be curved slightly, as the atmosphere is a lens and not a void. Satellite paths will refract slightly as the satellite moves towards the horizon, and while perceptible, is only slight.

edit on 6-10-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Nice post, thanks for sharing an educated opinion which leans to the agnostic point of view, as opposed to the typical pseudo-skeptic malarkey that goes on here at ATS.

I've seen some quite incredible motions from Unidentifiable Aerial Phenomena, and none of the debunking can explain away what I've witnessed. I have tried to discount the sightings, but cannot, due to the frequency and oddity of what I've seen.

edit on 6-10-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

FlyInTheOintment

Nice post, thanks for sharing an educated opinion which leans to the agnostic point of view, as opposed to the typical pseudo-skeptic malarkey that goes on here at ATS.

I've seen some quite incredible motions from Unidentifiable Aerial Phenomena, and none of the debunking can explain away what I've witnessed. I have tried to discount the sightings, but cannot, due to the frequency and oddity of what I've seen.

edit on 6-10-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

Thanks Fly.

I own a pair of $4500 night vision gen 3A goggles and have watched the sky for dozens and dozens of hours. I have never seen anything unexplainable - but moths, dragonflies, satellites, bats, birds, etc can be deceiving if you do not understand that which you are observing.

Dragonflies in particular.

- They are highly reflective of UV light - which the gen 3 Alpha's covert into visible phosphorous emulsion response.
- They can fly 40 mph, 40 ft up - which can appear to be a very fast aerial craft
- They can have spots reflect in various points of the tail and wings which emulate pulsating lights
- They can stop on a dime, hover, side jink, zig-zig, rotate around and cut at almost 90 degree angles
- They will chase each other and fly in a trail of pheromones
- They will stop and 'merge' landing upon one another and appear to become one object.

Damn dragonflies. But I still keep watching.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm going for entry level Yukon Ranger 5x42, about £300 here in the UK, sometimes a second hand one pops up cheaper on ebay.co.uk for £200 or so. This is about the cheapest night vision I can find, and trust. Plus it can record straight to a device through an AV cable, be tripod mounted and I think you can look through it with both eyes, rather than just one eye as you would with a scope.

I'm not a fan of people who stick scopes up to the camera lens, although in some instances that does help get some great close up shots. The Yukon Ranger won't allow for closeups as far as I can tell.

But yeah it also helps to be in an active area. If there are generally never any sightings from your area, don't go buying this stuff thinking you'll suddenly start to see things. You need to either live in an active area or go and use your equipment in a known active area. I'm in a strong active area, so I feel it will be a good investment (I may be wrong, not bought them yet, won't be sitting outside during the winter that's for sure!!)

Some of the sites that sell these things are now listing "UFO watching" as a selling point. So I'd assume it's just the technology is still quite rare, has little use for the average consumer etc, so the prices stay high. But personally, I think you're going to get the same results whether you're using Gen 1 or Gen 3. At least, of all the videos I've seen, the content has been very similar, no matter what "Gen" the equipment is.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Do you mind divulging the camera's make and model ?? Thanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If you aren't happy, would you take 500USD for those magical bad boys ??

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have a camcorder that has night vision capability.. In fact mine is the one that had all the controversy about it.. It's claimed that it has X-ray capabilities..

Anyways I ran across a thread earlier about using the night vision to detect UFO's... For the past 2 weeks I've been getting it out periodically and scanning the night sky's.. As of yet I've had no luck.. I've read the responses about birds, bats and bugs.. When I encounter them, I find it hard to believe that the camcorder operator can't tell right away..

I seen mainly bats and with there flight patterns it's easy to tell, also the size.. I haven't seen many if any birds seeing how they are mainly a daytime flyer..

Anyways, if I do encounter anything suspicious.. I will definitely post it.. Btw, I'm heading up to the Great Lake region the 25th of this month.. There are claims of a lot of activity up there.. We shall see..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

HooHaa
I have a camcorder that has night vision capability.. In fact mine is the one that had all the controversy about it.. It's claimed that it has X-ray capabilities..

Anyways I ran across a thread earlier about using the night vision to detect UFO's... For the past 2 weeks I've been getting it out periodically and scanning the night sky's.. As of yet I've had no luck.. I've read the responses about birds, bats and bugs.. When I encounter them, I find it hard to believe that the camcorder operator can't tell right away..

I seen mainly bats and with there flight patterns it's easy to tell, also the size.. I haven't seen many if any birds seeing how they are mainly a daytime flyer..

Anyways, if I do encounter anything suspicious.. I will definitely post it.. Btw, I'm heading up to the Great Lake region the 25th of this month.. There are claims of a lot of activity up there.. We shall see..

Used military night vision equipment for long term night missions. We also had handheld devices we could use.

These things were great, you can see everything with these things. Air assets especially are clear if you saw ufo you would know it no doubt.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Flir is the way to go for details and less blooming effect

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join