It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Religions And ET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This is not meant to be knocking one religious belief against another so I don't want to see any anti Islamic, anti semantic or anti Christian replies in this thread! My question is however this. What do the main world religions think about ET? I know the catholic church have recently accepted the possibility of ET existing and even of a First Contact situation. But what of other belief systems? I think the Koran has made references to other beings as well but I am not sure.

Does anyone know what the main belief systems say about ET?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hi, I'm Muslim and I can tell you about ETs in Islam.

First of all, Allah (SWT) states in the holy Qur'an, that only he knows the hidden.

27:65
Say:None in the heavens or on earth, except God,knows what is hidden:nor can they perceive when they shall be raised up (for Judgement).

65:12
Allah is the one who created seven heavens and from Earth like them (of corresponding type); [Allah’s] command descends among them (heavens and earths) so that you may know that Allah is capable of anything and that Allah knows everything.

Now, there's another verse, possibly suggesting, that Allah SWT has scattered beings in the entire universe?

42:29
And of his signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what He has dispersed throughout them of creatures. And He, for gathering them when He wills, is competent.

A lot of people think that religious people reject the possibility of ET life. This would be a contradiction in Islam because then you would kinda say that God wouldn't be powerful enough to spread life other than on Earth. As the Qur'an says, Allah SWT says be, and it is!

Also, it is mentioned of Angels that travel through space / dimensions, and also about Jinns (beings unvisible to us, but they see us) that sneak into the lowest heaven and try to eavesdrop on the inhabitants.

52:5
(Allah) Rules the cosmic affair from the heavens to the Earth. Then this affair travels to Him a distance in one day, at a measure of one thousand years of what you count.

72:8-9
And we have sought to reach the heaven, but found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires. And verily, we used to sit there in stations, to (steal) a hearing, but any who listen now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush.

If you will, you can interpret Angels and Djinns as ETs, too.

And ofcourse, Allah/God SWT knows best.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Fascinating stuff. If only brother and brother from around the globe would sit and discuss these things instead of being the puppets of the elite creating race wars, the spiritual development of all mankind would have reached the heavens long ago.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I was looking for some bible verses but need to go into a concordance to make the translations unambiguous just in case. the bible speaks of different flesh... such as animal flesh, earthly flesh and celestial flesh.

but is also speaks of natural and spiritual bodies.

In an attempt to use the term celestial flesh as opposed to terrestrial flesh as an example of why I think one could certainly read the bible with consideration of ETs, it can get confusing to try to establish any difference between celestial and spiritual. Celestial meaning of the sky or of the heavens.

What I'd like to point out is that there is a spiritual body linked to an earthly body even though an earthly body is not a celestial body... and that if the spirit rises up from the earthly body, it is not necessarily a celestial body.... because earthly bodies do not live in the sky. A wicked spirit could dwell in an earthly body and this wouldn't be a celestial body. Why would a celestial body of the sky or heavens come from an earthly body just because a spirit is in it? God has to approve that. Spirits are already in the earth. The bible makes this clear.

Also... angels could appear to men as fleshly beings... with footsteps and physical actions... How if they are solely spiritual beings?

So my interpretation is that there are different flesh...and there are different bodies.

I tend to believe that celestial beings have a closer understanding of the connection between any natural body and spirit body. Earthly bodies cannot see spirits, but celestial beings can...regardless of what form they are in.

Also, not all spirits are good...some are not destined for heaven, but the energy of the spirit goes on and can result in an eternity in hell instead of heaven. The bible suggests that it is through some transfiguration that one goes on to dwell in a celestial body... approved by God.

Why?.... Because a celestial body is powerful and heaven will not allow a wicked spirit to enter into celestial flesh.

If wicked spirits are allowed to enter Heaven, then there could be another falling out... a war in Heaven... and that is why the earth is God's foot stool. Here is where he watches for those who accept his will... and he sent his word to let earthly people know they are being watched, because if he had not... they would remain untamed and it wouldn't be their fault but there is a reason to let earth know this... and I won't get far into that because it's very complex and has multiple reasons. It's not fair to say you broke a law if you were never told there was a law.

So if a being, that man can see comes out of the sky and talks to him and does physical things... how could you not consider that he is an ET?... Or non terrestrial... Celestial.

I will stop there as it is late and looking for bible verses can get really time consuming because it opens up so many other thoughts and you wind up just reading and reading.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Kemal
Hi, I'm Muslim and I can tell you about ETs in Islam.

First of all, Allah (SWT) states in the holy Qur'an, that only he knows the hidden.

Say:None in the heavens or on earth, except God,knows what is hidden:nor can they perceive when they shall be raised up (for Judgement).

65:12
Allah is the one who created seven heavens and from Earth like them (of corresponding type); [Allah’s] command descends among them (heavens and earths) so that you may know that Allah is capable of anything and that Allah knows everything.

Now, there's another verse, possibly suggesting, that Allah SWT has scattered beings in the entire universe?

42:29
And of his signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what He has dispersed throughout them of creatures. And He, for gathering them when He wills, is competent.

A lot of people think that religious people reject the possibility of ET life. This would be a contradiction in Islam because then you would kinda say that God wouldn't be powerful enough to spread life other than on Earth. As the Qur'an says, Allah SWT says be, and it is!

Also, it is mentioned of Angels that travel through space / dimensions, and also about Jinns (beings unvisible to us, but they see us) that sneak into the lowest heaven and try to eavesdrop on the inhabitants.

52:5
(Allah) Rules the cosmic affair from the heavens to the Earth. Then this affair travels to Him a distance in one day, at a measure of one thousand years of what you count.

72:8-9
And we have sought to reach the heaven, but found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires. And verily, we used to sit there in stations, to (steal) a hearing, but any who listen now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush.

If you will, you can interpret Angels and Djinns as ETs, too.

And ofcourse, Allah/God SWT knows best.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

Ahhh! Thank you for this. It was these descriptions in the Koran that I referred to in my original post. I just could not remember the details!
I've not read the entire Koran but I have certaintly got it on my bookshelf and one day I will get to read it all along with the Torah

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Aliens? LDS Leaders Insist "We are Not Alone"

This is from the Mormonism Research Ministry.

Long before black and white film captured plastic rocket ships hanging by a string, leaders of the Mormon Church were declaring that life existed on other planets. The big difference lies in the fact that Hollywood likes to portray life in outer space as creatures with big, oval-shaped heads and skinny torsos. Mormon leaders, on the other hand, have insisted that life on other worlds is made up of literal human "brothers and sisters."

Modern LDS leaders have also taught that there are humans living on other earths. For instance,President Joseph Fielding Smith wrote the following in a book appropriately titled Doctrines of Salvation: "We are not the only people that the Lord has created. We have brothers and sisters on other earths. They look like us because they, too, are the children of God and were created in his image, for they are also his offspring" (1:62).

Smith also taught that just as there are millions of galaxies, there are also millions of Gods. He wrote, "...the great universe of stars has multiplied beyond the comprehension of men. Evidently each of these great systems is governed by divine law; with divine presiding Gods, for it would be unreasonable to assume that each was not so governed" (Answers to Gospel Questions 2:144).

At the end, the author of the article says

While such comments may make for interesting science fiction, they certainly do not have a place in either the Bible or true Christianity. Unfortunately, many sincere Latter-day Saints consider the above men to be divinely inspired men of God.

So, I guess at least SOME Mormons do believe in their planet Kolob and that the sun and moon are inhabited; others that there are bujillions of other planets with humans (and also other Gods). But not all.

I don't know. They have magic underwear, too.

I was going to include Scientology because I thought I'd read they think they're descended from aliens, but their website says they don't.

DO SCIENTOLOGISTS BELIEVE THEY ARE DESCENDED FROM ALIENS?
Absolutely not. Scientology holds no such belief. Any suggestion otherwise is as absurd as asserting that those of the Christian faith believe themselves descended from aliens because they believe there is a Heaven.

Some of the information one finds on the Internet concerning Scientology religious beliefs is a mixture of misstatements, distortions and outright lies designed to twist Scientology theology. These scurrilous statements, issued by the “Internet fringe,” are not only patently untrue, they are intentionally designed to ridicule Scientologists and denigrate their actual religious beliefs.
www.scientology.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Matthew 18 states that you are a child here. You are connected to an Angel facing God constantly. It's very similar to the Matrix concept.

Matthew 18

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

Genesis 1:27 states that this reality is an image (hologram) and we are INSIDE that image. It's also states that we are in the image of God, both male and female. These two sides of consciousness are divided by conscious and subconscious; right and left hemisphere and so on the opposites go. Look up the word Chiral. Our dual nature here is bringing two into one flesh (Coalescence). This is the same as bringing our lower nature here into conformity with our higher nature above. This impossible task was answered in the Son of God and the life he lived as one of us. Read my threads. I go over this for the ATS community and for those who run this board. Also, for myself. We are all having trouble overcoming sin. This is why Christ is here with us. We cannot do it ourselves.

John 18

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Why is His kingdom now from another place? Because He is the Ark that takes us away from the flood. What is the flood? Baptism. We are immersed in the water so we can repent. In the book of Enoch, we find the fall of the watchers and angels. They married their bodies to that of flesh. Because of this, they were bound in darkness. That's us here on this Earth. We are under a veil.

1 Corinthians 10

16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Each Human is unique to the first soul originating it. We are slices of the same loaf. Because of the fall of angels in Genesis 6, Jude 1 and the book of Enoch, our flesh here is bound in darkness as a slice of the 'Father' we come from. Christ sacrificed himself here for a time so that we could be grafted into another tree. We, who are many, are one loaf. That's the church. When you choose to be baptized back into the flood waters with Christ, you enter the ark instead. Eventually, that Ark will travel back across the wilderness (Space) to the other place (New Heaven and Earth). This place will be burned away. Salvation from here to there requires that our slices of bread (Spirit Bodies) enter the Ark.

Consider baptism in this verse:

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with[c] the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Even the fire will baptize. Water puts out fire and allows us to escape the fire and trials of the end of 7,000 years. To escape the fire, we use the water. We must rise above the waters and float to our resting place. We do this by repenting of our sin natures. Repentance happens when we lose the mark of the beast (Selfishness).

Faith and belief saves. Taking the name of Christ means taking the character of that name. We are all having trouble with this part. Overcoming sin can only happen with love for others. We must demonstrate this to take the name.

edit on 6-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Greetings OP.

As a Christian in terms of my belief I see extra terrestrial entities as fallen angels. I think The Book of Enoch is a description of the first Watchers who fell to earth. They descended on Mount Hermon and did a lot of messing with Creation. YHWH crushed their rebellion and sent them to the bottomless pit. Their children by the earth women became the spirits that haunt human beings.

Christ's description of Satan falling to the earth is a later happening (not sure when that happened?). They are here now and very much in control of the earth. Those angels appear in many guises and I believe they are the lights in the sky.

I believe YHWH created Heaven and Earth. The original fallen ones that Enoch described are not on the earth. These are the ones who had us deceived that they were the creators, but they are not.

Through the powers of the earth Satan and his angels will try to establish their own kingdom here. They will not fully succeed as it is not allowed to be. YHWH will give them enough rope to hang themselves so to speak.

There is nothing good about extra terrestrials in our dimension. They are the fallen ones and I see them as the enemy. They will only confuse and deceive anyone who pays them too much attention. It's good to be aware of our enemy, but dangerous for our souls to attempt to "know" them.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
I don't want to see any anti Islamic, anti semantic or anti Christian replies in this thread!

Semantics are important in the discussion of any topic.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

draknoir2

Wirral Bagpuss
I don't want to see any anti Islamic, anti semantic or anti Christian replies in this thread!

Semantics are important in the discussion of any topic.

The urban dictionary defines it like this:

1. Anti-Semantic
adj.
Being against the arguing of meanings or definitions of words.

Since the OP clearly states that there should be no anti semantics, he clearly means there should be semantics.

But it really depends on how you define "semantics".

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian
Since the OP clearly states that there should be no anti semantics, he clearly means there should be semantics.

But it really depends on how you define "semantics".

I guess the OP actually meant anti-semitic, but I don't like that definition at all, since most think it only means being anti-jewish/anti-israelite. Arabs are semites, too. But now back on topic?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

We are not discussing what's hidden. We are talking about aliens, as in occupants of the same area of the place we live in and our planet is part in. Actual species of intelligent life that will have have the possibility to visit us, or get visited.

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

Genesis 1:27 states that this reality is an image (hologram) and we are INSIDE that image. It's also states that we are in the image of God, both male and female. These two sides of consciousness are divided by conscious and subconscious; right and left hemisphere and so on the opposites go. Look up the word Chiral. Our dual nature here is bringing two into one flesh (Coalescence). This is the same as bringing our lower nature here into conformity with our higher nature above. This impossible task was answered in the Son of God and the life he lived as one of us. Read my threads. I go over this for the ATS community and for those who run this board. Also, for myself. We are all having trouble overcoming sin. This is why Christ is here with us. We cannot do it ourselves.

I'm sorry, but Genesis 1:27 does not says anything, that can even be closely interpreted, like you do.
Created in his image. Does not mean inside.
The whole male female, hemisphere part is just total nonsense. When a verse, with only three sentences, will tell you that man and woman are created in his image, in the image of God he created them. Only one additional thing in it that you can read, isn't actually clear. It doesn't give you a blank page, for some imaginative flow of thoughts.

The two hemispheres of the brain, have nothing to do about a male and a female side...
One hemisphere holds the ability to write, and make it possible for us to understand, have words to be rational and also causes us to make as an individual person.
The left hemisphere, will not be able to to all of the above, on it's own, it will make a human being part of all their is and lives by instinct and emotions. We could not think of ourselves as we do not have the understanding of the concept that causes us to name the world around us.

God says the following im Genesis 3:22

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”
and the only other entity there was the serpent.

He talks to the snake, in a way like they are equal.

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

Here it happens again. God talks about us, as in a group.

It makes you think. There are more occasion that the written texts clearly lets you see another story, inside the story that is told in the bible.

Could aliens be, the group of God and his helping hands ?

new topics

top topics

join