It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just looking for some anime to watch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
No need for stars are flags, I just trust my ATS peeps more than anyone else, so if you have suggestions please give 'em.

I've got into this anime kick, and am looking for something to watch, I've seen quit a few in the past year are almost a year, and am loving it, also if the manga is better please let me know, I've enjoyed Rosario+Vampire manga, but found the anime not so good, same with Omamori Himari. I also found myself enjoying Futaba-kun change that's a manga that shows a different way of story telling, lol.

here's a list of anime I've really enjoyed

Baka to test to shoukanjuu: I love the back to back slapstick humor, and the nothing to worry about feeling you get "other than Akihisa getting his shoulder dislocated by Minami" it's a real relief from the truth of life.

Needless: lolicons are no joke, but yet I laugh anyway, so disturbing like the old guy from Family Guy.

Chobits, Elfen lied!, Claymore, Fate stay night, and Shakugan no Shana all affected me like Titanic never could have. I'm not an emotional guy, but I think I like the feelings I get from hoping for a better life for these characters.

Gunslinger girl: if you have anything like that I'll give it a try, but as if the anime wasn't bad enough the manga made me depressed for weeks, the "Spaghetti Prince" part was more than even my tear ducts could handle "WHO DOSE THAT TO LITTLE GIRLS!" after reading that my girls got more hugs and I love yous in two days than their whole lives combined!

So looking forward to your suggestions, and feel free to ask me about any anime/manga, you may have to describe a character I'm bad with names. Also any discussion on anime/manga would be welcome I'm not versed enough to keep up with the sites for that, and it be nice to talk about some of these things with people who don't know what a shojo,ecchi,seinen,harem,or hentai mean...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

LOL, I nearly peed myself, don,t shake that thing!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

I made a huge list... tryed to number it but forgot to do something pushed cancel deleated it all.. so long

anyways the really good ones:

Eden of the East

berserk

Ghost in the shell

Princess Mononoke

Akira

welcome to the NHK

Full Metal

Inuyasha

coyboy bebop

Neon Genesis Evangelion

code geass

Death Note

ENJOY MY FRIEND
edit on 6-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Judging by the anime you've watched, it's probably stuff your daughters also watch. Some good suggestions for you might be Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Black Lagoon, Shikabane Hime and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, because the main characters are female and either gunslingers, sword wielders, or some how psychopathic, and they are all highly rated anime. Suzumiya Haruhi is the only one which isn't really full of violence and death.

However if you want something a bit more "manly" or something with a more serious tone I would suggest one of the animes listed by hknudzkknexnt, and I would also add a few more to that list:

- Psycho-Pass
- Steins;Gate
- Gantz
- Highschool of the Dead
- Mirai Nikki
- Rainbow
- Btooom!

Note: I put Steins;Gate in there not so much because it's manly or serious, but just because it's flat out awesome and needs to be mentioned.
edit on 6/10/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

I need to look at Code Geass I keep running into that on blogs, thanks for the video links.

Inuyasha is probably the greatest anime of all time. It's really the first anime I've ever seen, or Ninja Scroll,I don't know witch one I saw first, I was in middle school I know that.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I passed that Suzumiya up the other day, I'm watching "shuffle!" right now but since I already have access to Suzumiya that'll be next.

Thank you for the lists.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

terriblyvexed

I passed that Suzumiya up the other day

Suzumiya was my favourite anime for a while when I first saw it. It's probably the only type of "school club" anime that I really like, and there's a good reason for that. But if you like girls and guns then Black Lagoon will be right up your alley. You'll probably take one look at the trailer and put it on your list, assuming you haven't already seen it.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Well I'm not big on guns in fact,I can't tell one from another, but I do have a weakness for violent girls.

And Black Lagoon is a name I've run into a few times now, but haven't looked into it yet.

I'm glad I thought to use ATS hearing from
you makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time.

I hate when they make an anime for seemingly no more reason than to draw cartoon breasts,I mean yay breasts, but anything can become redundant.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

You seen Hellsing yet? If not I highly recommend that. And are you also looking to watch animated movies as well as serialised works?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I think I was looking at Hellsing but it wasn't complete. I hate getting into an anime just to realize they'll never finish it, and because they're usually different than the manga it can be bothersome. Is it complete, or at least a suitable stopping point?

And as for movies I've seen Ninja Scroll, Princess Mononoke, and something that had spirit in the name,I liked all of them.

I've been thinking of watching Devil may cry do you know if that one is any good?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Well I'm not big on guns in fact,I can't tell one from another, but I do have a weakness for violent girls.

Oh ok, I just thought you might be into guns since you mentioned gunslinger girls. Black Lagoon is worth watching though, trust me.

I hate when they make an anime for seemingly no more reason than to draw cartoon breasts,I mean yay breasts, but anything can become redundant.

lol, well if you really feel that way then you need to start watching stuff like Psycho-Pass and Death Note and then you'll see the real potential of anime.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I think I was looking at Hellsing but it wasn't complete. I hate getting into an anime just to realize they'll never finish it, and because they're usually different than the manga it can be bothersome. Is it complete, or at least a suitable stopping point?

There is Hellsing, and then there is Hellsing Ultimate. I have only seen Hellsing Ultimate because it's much better rated, however Hellsing Ultimate wasn't finished properly. If I remember correctly, the last 2 or 3 episodes were never dubbed in English and the quality of the animations is much lower than the rest. But it is a full story from what I remember.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Oldie but goodie:

I grew up watching this one, and then when the baby was born and I was feeding him and such, I decided to re-watch them all.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Never seen the DMC anime.

I liked Hellsing for what it was however.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

Oh ok, I just thought you might be into guns since you mentioned gunslinger girls. Black Lagoon is worth watching though, trust me.

lol, well if you really feel that way then you need to start watching stuff like Psycho-Pass and Death Note and then you'll see the real potential of anime.

Psycho-pass and Death Note, I just like the way those sound, I'll be looking into those right now.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I love oldies,I watch Lone Star and He-Man on Saturdays with my kids.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Death Note is badass.

That is all.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Psycho-pass and Death Note, I just like the way those sound, I'll be looking into those right now.

Well for a start, Death Note is like the highest rated anime series of all time (overall) so if you haven't seen it you need to see it. In fact I wish I could some how unsee it so that I could see it again for the first time, it's just that brilliant.

And all you need to know about Psycho-Pass can be summed up in its opening sequence:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Sweetness! the opener for Rosario + Vampire about half way through the first season "Disco Lady" is still my favorite, but that was def badazz.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join