It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Blog: How Has Shutdown Affected You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
White House Blog: How Has Shutdown Affected You?

The Whites House has a blog site.

Oct 3rd they posted a simple tricky question.

How Has the Government Shutdown Affected You?

Congress has two jobs to do: pass a budget and pay its bills. But earlier this week, Congress failed to pass legislation to fund the government, and now many vital services are shut down. So, we want to hear: How has the government shutdown affected you?

Simple enough and maybe provocative right ?
Maybe even informative and provides some relief....

OK, now comes the confusion....

The first thing you see is this...

So how is anybody supposed to be expected to participate ?

And we aren't seeing any list of responses or replies or anything easy

This is the Executive branch of the United States

no further comment.

I wonder which was posted first ... the question or the warning ?

White House Blog page

Article that helps explain;
White House Blog: How Has Shutdown Hurt You?

Well I Guess we could

just post on Facebook

edit on Oct-06-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Congress has two jobs to do: pass a budget and pay its bills.

Umm. . . . . what happened to being representatives of the people and working FOR the public? (being a public servant)

How has the shutdown affected me?

It has illustrated how invasive government has become.
It has illustrated how egotistical government has become.

I would prefer government being shut down 360 days a year and just meeting for 4 or 5 days a year.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So, if you can't get anything done in Watchington D.C.

Post your stories here I guess.

Maybe the White House will respond back !!!

How Has the Government Shutdown Affected You ?

...OR...

Added;
Almost forgot.

We can't leave or representatives out of this.

You are invited to comment here too !!!

[ this might actually work !! ]

edit on Oct-06-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

How has the shutdown affected me? OMG it's been terrible. ATS has been pummeled with posts over the incompetence of this administration. I feel traumatized from some of the lame excuses of people defending the fearless leader.

In the event that someone may answer the question and no one responds or prints it on the website, the White House has that covered too--it's Congress' fault.

Obama is such a panderer it makes me nauseated. I can just picture his slobbering crew waiting for anything that gets posted that they can pawn to the media.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The office of the President of the United States of America has been reduced to a teenage blogger temper tantrum stunt forum.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I love the president.

I love congress.

They are doing what they can to help the America...pub...uh...oh...wait.....the ...they......they don't care....it's wearing off....the crap they fed me i s wearing off.

They don't give a # about ewe or me.

They only care about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Hmmmmmm........did you ask me why we should take it back?!!?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Now I can't confirm that this is the Lincoln Bedroom or that this is actually Obama, but I offer this as a possible facsimile.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Its made me think of the past.
At first I thought about how well it worked in the 90's when they finally went back in and cut the tar out of the Gov's budget and how it took a little while, but we saw some good growth and wealth buildup debt reduction for a while.
Then I thought some more.
About how this government is still producing moneys that end up in the stock market that has not stopped growing since 2009 and has far surpassed where it was before the crash but is now supported on money being dumped into by the Gov.
And then I thought about all the non essential governmental employees...and how if they got laid off, they could get unemployment and join back into the now growing private sector, hey maybe we could let private companies begin managing public parks...I'm already paying to use them here in Oregon...I bet they would run with a profit if it was a private venture.

Then I thought...whats the point of thinking about this...the debt cealing is coming up, so soon the Gov will up its credit card limit, go on a shopping spree and everybody will be happy again until the next time the bills come due

So then I thought:

We need a small coalition to head to D.C. and lockout the whitehouse....
It is costing us way to much money to keep IT open!
And it obviously is the opposite of essential...it seems to be detrimental to this country and its people

X

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm sorry but u made me login, lol

that kid makes me think,,u know maybe exercist, wasn't that bad an idea????? in the old days,,, at least u could ,,awww never mind,,,,,,lol...wow!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by greencmp

Now I can't confirm that this is the Lincoln Bedroom or that this is actually Obama, but I offer this as a possible facsimile.

Oh my god.

That was hilarious! At least he isn't going to hurt himself with anything more dangerous than a sneaker.

You know this will haunt that foolish kid forever, I feel bad for him. Let's hope his name is never associated with this.

"Shut up"... silence.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

we might as well hire a private company to run the government and get rid of all the elected folks.
private industries control the government now anyway and if the tax payers hired them to run things at least we would be making records profits.as stockholders we would all be getting a little back in dividends instead of constantly paying all the time.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

edit on 6-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Takes up too much of the news.

There are more important things happening in the world.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

beezzer
I would prefer government being shut down 360 days a year and just meeting for 4 or 5 days a year.

You mean how they met for nearly 200 years prior to the realization that they needed to be a "full time" Congress?

I agree.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
My main grief is very simple.
In a time where the American public need the confidence, more than ever, that we can resolve the issues before us and get through all of the doom and gloom that has this government backed up against the wall..... Why is this happening?

Since statistics are a big part of my career, and I know that those that study statistics, as well as I, do not believe in coincidence..... The only other option I can come up with is that what is going on, is part of a plan.

I hate that, but I revel in the fact that I understand it to be so, and it bothers me greatly, as should so everyone else here.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

greencmp

The office of the President of the United States of America has been reduced to a teenage blogger temper tantrum stunt forum.

You forgot cheap peddler of self serving souvenirs (Obama-Store). It's closed for lack of an occasion to peddle junk for right now, but it'll reopen as soon as it's polite and they need cash. I'm sure.

Hey, good news! Headlines last week said the cash price for a photo with Obama had been reduced! (I've never seen a President pimp himself out like a cheap streetwalker on the prowl, as this one has).

Then yes...when he's done pimping himself, he has the nerve to ask everyone to share our pain with his people. As if we're supposed to forget HIS PEOPLE HELPED CAUSE IT. Oh... share your stories..indeed. The White House will ring to the sounds of laughter at the best ones, I can just imagine.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

There are some other sites that are like that too. They say go to....USA.gov.

Here is the link: www.usa.gov...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The sad thing is its worst affects may not ahve caught up to you.

This could have shaved a good 1% of the USA growth forcast.

Thats potential jobs (IE less people on welfare) gone, poof, vannished.

And possibly existing jobs may go down the line because of this due to lost money.

And im not talking public sector jobs either Im talking private sector jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The sad thing is its worst affects may not ahve caught up to you.

This could have shaved a good 1% of the USA growth forcast.

You're more right than you know. This whole thing is phased in by stages which started pretty much immediately after signing it. 2014 was just one more (albeit it MAJOR) milestone to phasing it in. There are more stages to come and it doesn't get better. Indeed. Not to mention some of what they put off from this year already. The Employer mandate didn't go away...it'll just drop like an ACME safe to squash the economy for a whole NEW round, a year from now. I'd have preferred we just got it all done at once if we must endure this at all. Noooo.... they needed it stretched out over years.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As dire as the USA econemy is at the moment im not ready to write it off just yet. It has had worse debt IE After the great depression and WW2 and managed to get out. So I think there is still time.

And really if the Doller collsapses Its game over. The USA can join the British empire and Russia in past superpowers history book. The only thing that keeps the USA in power is its militray and the only thing that keeps its super advanced military is money. Remove the money and you just have expensive scrap metal pile a 1 st Gen jet fighter could bomb. So you can wave good bye to South Korea, Isreal, Taiwan and any other country the USA is propping up. Luckly Europe can handle itself now but the rest of the world? Well it will just become a big game of Risk.

As much as I hate the past USA involment in the ME. I really would not want to see area like Taiwan and South Korea go under as there are places the USA really is doing valuble work keeping the peace.
edit on 6-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join