It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, anti virus java exploit warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This just started happening today, twice today when i clicked on a thread link and the thread opened I got a pop up warning from my anti virus.
it said that it blocked a java exploit then it had an IP number and a bunch of other info about it.

Is this something i should be worried about or is my anti virus just acting screwy?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've not had any issues today.

Depending on the anti virus it can flag the ad servers as being malware/spyware due to the cookies.

Super Anti Spyware

I suggest installing this little application above, boot your machine in safe mode without networking and run a full scan.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
After the new ats design I been getting malware warning with avast also.
Whats up with this ATS?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Avast is notorious for false positives.

If you are using extensions such as no script or something else that messes with the general functionality of your browser, this could be causing the issue.

I would suggest the same as I posted above for you to prevent further issues.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Tenth is correct in both instances.

I would also recommend going to filehippo.com, and downloading Ccleaner. Be sure to untick the addon boxes when installing, and tell it no on scanning for cookies to keep. Run the cleaner. click yes, and it will clean out all the junk files you've collected for who knows how long.

Superantispyware will also run through the full scan faster after using Ccleaner as well.

Also, I would suggest switching from Avast to Microsoft Security Essentials. That should solve your false positive problem. In addition, it's a decent little A/V program that is simple to use.

Also, cleaning out the Java cache regularly will lessen the likelihood of exploits. The above Ccleaner will do that, but you have to tick the box on Apps tab.

it said that it blocked a java exploit then it had an IP number and a bunch of other info about it.

It is possible you already had an exploit on your computer, and it's now popping up on ATS, but didn't come from ATS. This happens a lot. SAS and Ccleaner together will hopefully take care of it.
edit on 10/5/2013 by Klassified because: edit

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It's probably due to all the trackers etc.

new topics

top topics

join