I'm On Tour in America: It's Closed. That's Not Stopping Us.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am leading a group of travelers from the Midwest on a tour through the eastern United States, and... it's closed.

We've been in the Boston area for the past two days and all the major sites are closed, including Fanieul Hall, the USS Constitution, Lexington and Concord, the JFK Library...and the list goes on.

I find it ironic that as we tour revolutionary Boston---where the seeds of discontent about tyranny were planted---our government refuses to let us into the parks and sites that WE THE PEOPLE pay for and that belong to us.

There are a few veterans on my tour, and so rather than just driving by the Old North Bridge near Concord, we stopped, got off the bus and went anyway. It was a beautiful day in the countryside, and we went and enjoyed the site by passing by the barricades and holding our heads high. Not that it was too risky.... Do you think the people of Lexington and Concord---who are so proud of their history and their towns---were going to call the police?

They of all people made very little effort to barricade the premises in a way that would really prevent visitors from going in, because the very towns they live in hosted the first battle of the revolution. Indeed, they live where the first shots were fired, "the shot heard around the world."

Their town's history is one of rebellion and great courage and they weren't going to be known for turning their backs on history just now when we need to be reminded the most of WHO WE ARE.

I gave a lecture near Ben Franklin's statue later in the day and reminded everyone of the geniuses and rebel rousers who gathered during and after the revolution to form a country and a government that was for the people, of the people and by the people. I reminded them that the grievances the colonists brought to the fore were very similar to the grievances we have today.

Never have I seen the people of this country as harassed and downtrodden as they are today.

And they're mad.

It's time for the rest of the sheeple of this good country to get mad, too.

As we stand at the gates of our famous revolutionary sites peeking through the fence, the anger rises. This country belongs to us.

Not Obama, or our elected officials, but to us.

I had a lump in my throat today as we walked through the blockade in Lexington. If just for moment, it felt like we the people were taking something sacred back.
edit on 5-10-2013 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Can you smeeeeeeeellll what Barack is cooking!?!?

Oh yeah!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There's a lot of behind the scenes that goes on at places like this. Sure, on the face of it, you might see a person of some authority milling about but for the most part the people that really keep things running smoothly for the thousands of visitors per year are at home, waiting for news that they can go back to work and get paid.

I know, I know...to some people it's all just a farce, we don't really need barricades, people are respectful enough to not deface or otherwise destroy these beautiful areas. People aren't respectful though.

There are people that millions of people never see who ensure that you and I live and work and play in comfort, in safety. Right now though, most of those people are at home and aren't allowed to go back to work.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Get 'em drunk in Boston

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Your entire post put a lump in my throat. I thank you for sharing it and letting me (as well as others) know that there are folks out there that will question authority and will act on what is right and decent at their own risk. At any time in history this is how things have ever changed for the better. People taking a stand when they are not happy with a situation. I just wish more people would do it more often than they do. The politicians do not own America but they are getting away with acting like they do and we are letting them do it. We give an inch and they take a mile. That is why we are where we are. Too many inches were given.

I hope all of you are able to enjoy the rest of your tour!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Yeah, well... I think we'll head up north to see the leaves.

Unless the government has thrown a giant blanket over the trees.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

haha well get 'em drunk in Vermont but avoid Burlington or you'll lose them to the rampant drug trade

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thank you Kangareux!

Being in Boston right now and discussing the revolution, really does put the irony into sharp focus.

We are all reminded of what America was meant to be, why it was created, and how far we've gone from it's humble amazing beginnings.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

S&F

Awesome! Thank you for sharing this experience with us!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Excellent post. This country could use a few million of you!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

MRuss

Come on down to new Orleans there is always a party going on and the food and drink and best music in the world played. It truly is amazing.
Come see us Cher...... Lol

The Bot

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

That was so well written and many thanks for taking the time to post.

our government refuses to let us into the parks and sites that WE THE PEOPLE pay for and that belong to us.

But, the government knows what is best for the parks and you and me; who would dare argue with 'that' unless they are children who defy some hired Nanny?

Thank goodness there are still those who will and those who allow.

I had a couple who were coming to my house today from Mexico. They wanted to see the house which is for sale.. They decided after a one hour thirty minute wait in line without getting any closer to the border check point they would have to try another day..

I am surprised they have not tried to shut down the air traffic control centers across the nation; ya know just to twist the blade a little..... But that would really hurt commerce, oil companies, and people who need to be someplace to make money and pay taxes.

Humm there are about 5000 commercial flights a day and if you figure the average fuel burn is 20,000 pounds of fuel (3000 gallons) per flight X 5000=15,000,000 which is taxed from the ground along every step of the way to the fuel tank of the aircraft.

Naw that would hurt them to much it is much easier to mess with the people who have only two weeks vacation every year or veterans who want to say good bye one last time to a fallen comrade at a wall or monument the government says they own...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

You're exactly right.

They're hurting the little people---who have a few days or a week's vacation and can't go look at the USS Constitution or who have saved their whole lives for a trip to Yosemite and are stuck looking at it through the slats in the fence.

Yesterday I read that a park ranger admitted that he was told to make it as difficult as he can for people---as miserable and difficult as possible. That's what they've all been told to do.

We can't even find an open bathroom.

But yes, all of the support systems for the profit makers are open and doing business.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The whole thing is just a dog and ass show. A few days ago it was a dog and pony show but the pony woke up and went home. The problem for the administration is that this is all back firing.

All it would take now is for a few solid Governors (are there any?) to send in State troopers to 'help out' and reopen all these places. After all, the Feds have a duty that they are now not fulfilling and they are still collecting taxes.

Think of the votes the Governor would get at the next election. Anyone know some Governors?

P

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am afraid you are looking at the last living breathing Americans. We have been over run by the Zombies. People have been talking for a long time about a Zombie Apocalypse and they don't recognize that they are right smack dab in the middle of it but can't see it because we are dead.

The American heart that used to beat in our chests is still. The proud red American blood that coursed through our veins and was shed with courage, and sacrificed for country and each other is gone or congealed.

We watched as caricatures of once proud respectable servants of the American people, shot down with glee and congratulated themselves with applause and back slapping the killing of an unarmed woman, trap in their snares in the heart of our Republic.

I cried for the first time in a long time yesterday, and I have cried since, again today. I didn't cry for that woman that was gunned down in a hail of bullets with her child in the back seat. I cried for myself and for you and what once was a grand lady. The woman they killed was an effigy that was laid at the feet of our murderers and hung from the yard arm for all of us to see. Her death sealed the deal and marked the true beginning of their reign.

We watched them celebrate the death of our land. They have sealed her off to us and have us safely locked in the back seat.

If it doesn't bring pain to your heart and tears to your eyes, then you know it is too late. You are no longer infected. You have already become, Zombie.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Have they explained why they are paying the same people to work to keep you out that they would be paying to let you in?

Does no one see the "UP YOURS!" written all over this crap they are pushing on us?

Well I sure hope that those people that are still living and breathing can see clearly enough, that they have no choice, but to let them know you get their message loud and clear.

You would be better off writing in the name of the most respected person in your community than voting for anyone that has done so much as one term on Capitol Hill.

Hell how worse off could you be to vote for Jesse Ventura and Howard Stern? At least you know what you are getting and may have a half-way decent chance that they will be brutally in your face with the truth, no matter how bad it is.

No newcomer can be as bad as what we now have and by the time the following election is due. we may have a few that may be worth giving the chance at another term. If not, clean house again. If we have learned nothing else, we should have learned that there is no room on Capitol Hill for more than two terms for anyone, and if your representative doesn't represent, then kick him out and try another one. If we haven't learned anything else we have learned that career politicians do not represent the people.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am afraid you are looking at the last living breathing Americans. We have been over run by the Zombies. People have been talking for a long time about a Zombie Apocalypse and they don't recognize that they are right smack dab in the middle of it but can't see it because we are dead.

The American heart that used to beat in our chests is still. The proud red American blood that coursed through our veins and was shed with courage, and sacrificed for country and each other is gone or congealed.

We watched as caricatures of once proud respectable servants of the American people, shot down with glee and congratulated themselves with applause and back slapping the killing of an unarmed woman, trap in their snares in the heart of our Republic.

I cried for the first time in a long time yesterday, and I have cried since, again today. I didn't cry for that woman that was gunned down in a hail of bullets with her child in the back seat. I cried for myself and for you and what once was a grand lady. The woman they killed was an effigy that was laid at the feet of our murderers and hung from the yard arm for all of us to see. Her death sealed the deal and marked the true beginning of their reign.

We watched them celebrate the death of our land. They have sealed her off to us and have us safely locked in the back seat.

If it doesn't bring pain to your heart and tears to your eyes, then you know it is too late. You are no longer infected. You have already become, Zombie.

Yes, they applauded themselves for a job well done. They murdered an innocent woman and used her as a template for what is to come, should we get out of line. I truly believe that they were shoving this in our face. They want us to be afraid, and not "cross barriers".

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

MRuss

Come to Canada we won't stop you and we have lots of trees.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tatanka

Zombie, Reptilian, Cuckoo, what ever we have become, we are rapidly losing our humanity. We are no longer asleep and it is clear that this nightmare is not a dream.

They have taken off their masks and their gloves. We still have a chance at saving ourselves. We will never be able unlock ourselves from the cages we have willing entered if we keep grabbing for the trinkets on this merry-go-round and ignore the key.

Gold and position are only traps that keep you locked in, and will speed your descent to your grave. You will never soar above the fray, if you hold on to your chains or try to climb with the weight of your bondage upon your back.

We have to break free of the things that have no real value and keep you feeding the landfills that will become the path to your eternity.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Back in the old west, if anyone harmed a woman like this, including any police, they would have been hunted down and shot on sight by a big gun toting mob of vigilantes..

Might just be needing a return of same for the days to come..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join