It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI reports Unidentified Fibrous Objects in samples from Morgellons patients

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Something to take note in is that cotton is a plant, Wool is sheered off sheep, silk is processed from silk worms etc. It's is absolutely possible that there could be an allergic reaction to these elements. I still would not rule out that possibility. There wasn't science back in the stone ages when they decided to make these things. It's possible that science could discover that it was a bad idea to take these things and make clothes out of it. Then there is the possibility of those elements getting cross contaminated with some other unknown. Maybe we should allow hemp clothing lol. The hemp oils are a natural antibiotic, there couldn't be a better plant material to make clothing out of.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, it's all very sad that so many people are sucked along with this and let their imaginations run so wild and really suffer, but I guess that's the unfortunate nature of delusions. People wind each other up and pull other people who are mentally and emotionally susceptible into the fray. And of course the Internet is the worst when it comes to spreading the "disease," with people posting hundreds of little images of sores with little bits of yarn or lint in them. People who don't know how to properly clean and dress a wound to avoid contamination.

I have heard a bit of good news about it, though, which is that anti-psychotic drugs such as those used to reduce OCD and compulsive behaviors in general seem to work the best at treating it. So at least there is some chance at relief.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My mother had Morgellons, they treated it by freezing the area of skin where the fiber protruded.. after a few treatments she was completely clear of it..

She has also had a history of skin cancer from being out in the sun gardening all the time.. I personally always assumed it was related to that but I obviously couldn't know that for sure.

edit on 10/7/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

glowdog

victim support forums are full of people trying to cure them selfs because doctors wont help. they are marked as crazy. are they ALL imagining stuff ? are all the videos filmed in laboratories and all the photos and analyzes hoaxes ?
i really hope so but sadly i could not convince myself.

what i found hard to find are oficial statements and proof by the scientific community that "Morgellons" does not exist.

Hm.. Interesting because my mother had zero trouble getting help and treatment by doctors, and after a few treatments she's shown no more signs of Morgellons .. they used a treatment of freezing the skin in the affected areas.. which seems to be an effective treatment. The doctor is the one who actually called it Morgellons, I had never heard of it before that.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

I personally would like to know more about your findings!! Star for sure!!

here's what I would do, try and remember if you had a minor cut/injury which broke the skin, or even recently...or ..just perhaps nick your skin where it doesn't actually bleed and then ..

Look at it under the scope and see what you find..

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Speaking of clothing... I noticed about 6 or 7 years ago, that cotton clothing I bought was not up to snuff. It was wearing out fast... getting holes in it and 'pills' all over it after a few washings. Also, cotton T-shirts just weren't as comfortable as they used to be. I started researching cotton and found out more than I wanted to know about GM cotton. I've always wondered if Morgellons could be related to GM cotton...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

BanTv
reply to post by primalfractal

I have some thoughts I'll share tomorrow. In the meantime, this is probably relevant....www.dtic.mil...

Did you actually read that past "military" "nanotechnology" and "fiber" you used on the Google search? Unless you grow a very complex electrospinner apparatus in your body, it's not very applicable.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

lostgirl

First, I do believe that Morgellens is a very real disease and I wouldn't be surprised to find that some cases are caused by nano-tech, some are caused by the GMO factors a couple people posted about, and that other cases have other, unknown at present causes...but:

I think in your case, the fibers/threads were rubbing off your jeans into the open wound, then as the wound is healing the new skin is growing around and over the fibers...(The magnification of your jeans is showing 'intact' threads, these break down into the smaller ones in the wound)..

...Sorry, back on topic, I feel pretty confidant that you don't have Morgellens ;-)
edit on 7-10-2013 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

Thanks Lostgirl, that all makes perfect sense, but I wasn't actually suggesting that I might have morgellons. I was just trying to carry out a little bit of my own practical research into the "fibres in the skin" thing, I honestly was not expecting to find anything and then... you see little red and blue fibres... and you start thinking hmmm...
then you remember bashing your shin on your bike and take a closer look... and see a whole mess of fibres there too and you're thinking wtf?
cheers,
GTD

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Actually, I searched dtic.mil and I forget what the search terms were. You either didn't read any of it or don't understand the english language. I'll assume the former.

If you had read just the abstract (a lot to ask, I know), you would have seen the applications listed for the electrospun fibers. Tissue engineering, biosensors, drug delivery, energy harvesting, encapsulation of live cells for biological applications, etc. They aren't talking about making t-shirts with these fibers.

Your response makes absolutely no sense. The paper is talking about making nanofibers for use in the human body. If this topic was about cars, and I posted a link talking about making cars, your response is: How is that applicable if YOU can't make a car?!

What????

I welcome any intelligent thoughts you may have on the subject. If you have nothing of substance to say, then troll somewhere else. 4chan is just a click away, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Blue Shift
Well, it's all very sad that so many people are sucked along with this and let their imaginations run so wild and really suffer, but I guess that's the unfortunate nature of delusions. People wind each other up and pull other people who are mentally and emotionally susceptible into the fray. And of course the Internet is the worst when it comes to spreading the "disease," with people posting hundreds of little images of sores with little bits of yarn or lint in them. People who don't know how to properly clean and dress a wound to avoid contamination.

I have heard a bit of good news about it, though, which is that anti-psychotic drugs such as those used to reduce OCD and compulsive behaviors in general seem to work the best at treating it. So at least there is some chance at relief.

Well, that's quite a bashing there!
I'm guessing that it's aimed at me, as I think I'm the only one on the thread so far who has been "... posting hundreds of little images of sores with little bits of yarn or lint in them..."

I don't want to divert the thread into a slanging match, so I am just going to say this:
1. I can assure you that I have not let my "imagination run wild", nor have I "really suffered". Nor am I suffering from "delusions", nor am I "mentally and emotionally susceptible".
2. I am not a person who doesn't know how to "properly clean and dress a wound to avoid contamination" either.

Just for the record, I didn't even suggest that I thought I might have morgellons.

I am interested in the topic up for discussion in this thread, as are most of the posters here.
I feel that there is more to this topic than is being admitted to or recognised by the medical profession so far.
I actually took the trouble to DO SOME PRACTICAL RESEARCH on my own, (not just via the internet).
I found the results of my research to be intriguing, to the point where I thought it was quite freaky that there are so many fibres loose out there! I've even asked if anyone else has a microscope, in the hope that more practical research can be carried out.

Isn't that what we're here for?
Researching strange topics, Seeking the truth and Denying ignorance.
(Rather than casting aspersions about other people having "delusions" and requiring "anti-psychotic drugs".)

On topic, there does appear to be much more to this than first meets the eye.
Some researchers are saying that it's caused by nano-technology, some that it's biological in nature, some that it's a product of GM techniques, perhaps a combination of the above?
The thing that concerns me, is the lack of proper published research papers on the subject. There are hundreds of thousands of known sufferers of morgellons, and only a handful of recognised research papers? Why?

peace
GTD

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

miniatus
My mother had Morgellons, they treated it by freezing the area of skin where the fiber protruded.. after a few treatments she was completely clear of it..

She has also had a history of skin cancer from being out in the sun gardening all the time.. I personally always assumed it was related to that but I obviously couldn't know that for sure.

edit on 10/7/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

That's very interesting mini.
Any idea how the doctor came up with the freezing treatment?
or how the freezing was carried out?

That's got me thinking...What kind of ailment is cured by freezing??

Is it killing off something? Fungus maybe? Parasites?

Interesting too that your mother spent a lot of time gardening. I mentioned earlier that studies have linked morgellons to the presence of agrobacterium, which can be found in some soil and composts.
That might indicate a possible source of infection?

regards,
GTD

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Komodo

I personally would like to know more about your findings!! Star for sure!!

here's what I would do, try and remember if you had a minor cut/injury which broke the skin, or even recently...or ..just perhaps nick your skin where it doesn't actually bleed and then ..

Look at it under the scope and see what you find..

Thanks Komodo!

Nice to see someone who appreciates a little bit of practical research.

That's actually exactly what I did do.. I remembered that I'd bashed my shin, and took a closer look-see!

Why don't you get yourself down to the electronics supply store and buy yourself a small usb microscope?
They are very cheap nowadays, and you can have fun doing your own research?

I'd love to hear the results.

G

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

new_here

Speaking of clothing... I noticed about 6 or 7 years ago, that cotton clothing I bought was not up to snuff. It was wearing out fast... getting holes in it and 'pills' all over it after a few washings. Also, cotton T-shirts just weren't as comfortable as they used to be. I started researching cotton and found out more than I wanted to know about GM cotton. I've always wondered if Morgellons could be related to GM cotton...

Hi New,
Well, that's interesting TOO!
GM cotton never even entered my head... or did it?? LOL

Care to share any of your findings here?

GTD

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

OK, here goes...
Re:Morgellons and coloured fibres in the skin.

My son has a small USB digital microscope, which has up to 300x magnification, (you can buy them really cheap in Maplin (uk) and other electronics stores) so I thought that I'd have a bit of a play with it;
If I felt an "itch" or anything... I'd point the scope there and click off a few photos.

I wasn't really expecting to find anything.... especially not embedded blue or red fibres!

But...

Great research, awesome you decided to put it to the test yourself. It's interesting you had a look where it itched, maybe some of the itches we get are immune responses from fibers in the skin. Itches are renown for disturbing meditation... but that might be stretching it a bit.

I can understand fibers collecting on the surface of an open wound, often scabs have clothes fibers in them. It's the embedded one's I cant get. Generally only sharp objects break the skin and get stuck in it, and the body forces splinters out.

And why red, black and blue? People wear all sorts of coloured clothes, why aren't green, orange or yellow fibers ever reported? Red, blue and black might be the most worn colours but surely... a bit of variety here?

I think we would all find the same thing, would like to get one of those microscopes.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

People with morgellons, including children, get the sores, for no medically known reason. They aren't the result of cuts or other injuries, this is well documented. Saying all those people just don't know how to dress wounds is a good one, right, your onto it buddy. Give em some bandaids and they will be fine.

As to your insinuation of delusion, even the CDC is not sure of that anymore, so how you could be is beyond me. I think it's the ones pushing that line have something psychologically wrong with them, not the other way round.
edit on 8-10-2013 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

new_here

Hi New,
Well, that's interesting TOO!
GM cotton never even entered my head... or did it?? LOL

Care to share any of your findings here?

GTD

Been a couple of years since I went down that rabbit hole, but if you click here, you will see a multitude of informative links: GM Cotton & Morgellons (Just click and wait for it to do its thing!)

There are tons of people wanting to know why their cotton clothes are becoming holy (not religious, lol... holes in them!) Click here: What's eating holes in cotton clothing?
edit on 10/8/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hi everyone. Please, please, have a look at my videos on youtube
and let me know what you think. Thank you.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Gordi my man, Welcome to the nightmare. I have dealt with it since '96 and had many of the fibers from my body saved and checked them out under a microscope. All I can say is WOW and WTH! I unfortunately lost my nice collection of fibers about 2 years ago in an unfortunate incident but some portion of my fibers had what truly looked like barbed wire running parallel to each other.

I've been hooked on this thread but not yet posted that I was a sufferer of this condition, mainly because after all these years with a mysterious sci-fi condition you just don't bother trying to enlighten anyone anymore.
edit on 10/8/2013 by KelChemist because: I forgot some words

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by absurdlyhaywired

Another video with some good scientific descriptions. No pictures
though, for some reason.The author intends to inspire further study
in hydrogels as a possible delivery method, although I also think they
could be used as a protective coating on a larger nanofiber structure,
a little like flesh on bones.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KelChemist

Hey Kel,

Thanks for confirming to us all, that the condition is indeed real, directly from the perspective of one who has Morgellons. I think it means a lot for this thread.

Whatever it is, bacteria, mites, GM, nano or anything, it is undoubtedly real, there is countless testimonials, and endless research. That people have tried to sweep this under the carpet is a crime. But we sort of expect that with having seen things like the Gulf war syndrome, cancer and all the others receiving similar treatment. Hopefully if enough public outcry is made, something might be done, but I'm not holding my breath. I think the real hope lies in private research uncovering a cure.

I wasn't going to mention this, because there is little evidence, but chronic fatigue is said to be possibly related. I've had the condition for a few years and was hospitalised a couple of years ago with it, almost in a coma. Haven't been able to work. CFS is another illness that was previously classed as mental, but is now an accepted condition with no known cause. I seem to be getting a bit better in the last few weeks from colloidal silver, green tea with salt, SAMe and, since I started on this thread ha, two large rare earth magnets in my pockets.

Edit to add- was wondering if you found any particular treatment helpful?

edit on 9-10-2013 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join