It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS = You... and everyone else here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

JAK
Despite any enlightened wishes to the contrary all members are welcome to make a pertinent comment on any thread available on ATS.

Hello,
The above quote is something I must disagree with, but I will tell you why.

Yesterday I noticed a thread by Springer with a title (sorry I don't remember exactly) 'Elvis...Really?' (something like that, lol). I watched that thread for 2 hours, and noticed that NOBODY replied to it. At first I thought that no one here wants to argue with the 'big kahuna'...but, me being me...I guess I felt a need to respond.

After finally deciding exactly how to word my reply, without offending...breaking T&C...or getting banned...I went back to the thread....only to see that there was NO option to reply.

It was probably for the best (?) but still....my point is that I was NOT welcome to make a pertinent comment.
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
yip you just keep on drinking the kool-aid of course we are free to add to any post

do not question why a.t.s.went down the same time as the goverment sites [slurp]

do not question sandy hook /the boston bombing /and elvis

enjoy the freedom ???????????????

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Thank heavens I'm generally in the habit of reading an entire OP before I begin any reply. I was already composing one in my head after about line two, and it was pretty terse.

In fact, "terse" would be putting it mildly.

I see some good lessons for all of us in what you wrote. It makes a lot of sense and on a Sunday, that's not doing bad at all.

The main truth is that this site is for all of us, and personally, there are few things that infuriate me more than members who post an OP then lay down their own little set of rules about who may and may not reply.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I saw that thread. Springer was simply making a statement from an Admin/Owner perspective on that very specific topic. There have been others like it in the past (meaning no-reply-type threads), and while not common, they are purely for information purposes.

However, you are welcome to use the "Alert" feature (found in a little "person" icon within every active member's avatar space), or file a complaint (using the drop-down from the arrow icon in the top tool bar on any page), or even the "contact ATS" form that you can access via the tag at the bottom right of any page. Members often use the above methods to contact staff and/or owners, so if you have a point you'd like to make to Springer, then by all means write in.

All of these methods of making contact have been provided to make sure that members can stay in touch with the Owners, admin and staff. It's part of what Jak was talking about, really. ATS is for everyone here, and posting in threads is just one way to have your say.

~Mike

edit on 6/10/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

You taught me one thing very well, "read the whole post".......I almost made a damn fool of myself.

Very good.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

JustMike,
Thank you for explaining!
I didn't intend to 'alert' or complain to anyone, just kind of wanted to respond...no harm done...it's probably for the best. All thoughts don't necessarily need to be shared (lol).
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

No worries, glad to help!

But truly, I used the ATS "Contact" feature a couple of times over the years in order to make contact with the owners when I had a matter of concern to bring to their attention. (It sends an email copy of your message to all of them, and you get an auto-confirm in your own email inbox.) This was well before I joined the staff, just to be clear. Their replies were always prompt, professional and helpful.

ATS is us, and if you have a matter you'd like to discuss with the site owners, you have just as much right to contact them as I have or anyone else has.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i first read that in a South Park Canadian accent. It was annoying. Then noticed you were a Brit, reread it, and it was funny.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I read that in your accent, and I have been accused of some of these things.

I stand tall before the man!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

geobro
do not question why a.t.s.went down the same time as the goverment sites

That was answered... many times. It's not our (ATS management) fault if those with less-than-average cognitive skills refuse to believe the obvious.

do not question sandy hook /the boston bombing /and elvis

-sigh-

It's not the "questioning" that got the topics in trouble, it's the digging into personal information (cyber-stalking) of innocent people that got the topics into trouble.
How many damn times do we need to say this?

Okay, so here's a deal we'll make with you...

The next time there's a "conspiracy subject" (quotes because the Elvis topic was borderline conspiracy) and you believe a private person needs to be exposed -- contrary to the seemingly inherent privacy advocacy of conspiracy theorists -- as a means to expose the conspiracy, all you need to do is the following:
1) Confirm your real-world identity with ATS ownership (several ways to do that)
2) Get our approval of your confirmation
3) Before you reveal your info, detail who you are, including phone number and address
4) Then post what you want about that individual
5) Then close with a disclaimer that you accept all responsibility for what you just posted.

How's that?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
sorry i agree with the OP 100% , its always a pet hate of mine when people start whining about the content, or members, or posts or conspiracies surrounded ats infiltration by whatever gov agency and whatnot

ATS is a diverse community full of people from all over the country/world all ages and professions , of course not everyone will agree with each other and such. iv been a member here since 2006 and lurked well before that, and i have seen alooot of changes and arguments, alot of which tend to get revisited each year. but i love the site and what it stands for... iv been on the wrong side of mods before with posts but you know what you just breath and move on, its the internet. dont like something? leave or dont posts. noone holds a gun to your head and makes you stay or comment go outside for a while lol of course like any site there are some rules and decorum to abide by, deal with it. its their site, they put millions of hours of their time to create and run it, promote it etc, and to be honest compared to alot of places they are pretty relaxed here, dont like the rules? leave.... dont like a mod decision? leave or just move on. staff ar epeople too and have their own opinions and theories... deal with it, their as much entitled to their own opinion as anyone else here.

so suck it up or move on and have a banana ^_^

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have only 4 dislikes..

1. People who make claims that they refuse to backup
2. People who JUST post totally unfunny quips that have zero to do with topic, "its swamp gas" ...SIGH

3. People who want to tell you how to post and or have an awfully inflated ego which they believe allows them to be incredibly rude....Clever, No, you are not.

4. People who refuse to read the whole thread or at least a few pages and then post long after its been debunked. It rude and has wasted the kind souls time who actually did the debunking.

Sorry, add a 5th one, people who like to ridicule spelling and or grammar, not every person was raised by Einstein and scored straight A's in all subjects, it takes all to make a world, remember that before you make fun of them.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I feel weird about this and confused, I have tried reading(btw jak I remmber you some where your profile picture real? or did somone make it?

I must now for I do not remmebr my past lives etc

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Holy resurrection Batman. A 5 year old thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join