It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS = You... and everyone else here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
JAK
+33 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Right, let's not bugger about. I'm going to offer my opinion because, well frankly because it's right. Read and bloody well appreciate, ok?

To ANYONE who doesn't agree: You are NOT WELCOME TO POST HERE! Ok? I'm telling you, DON'T. I don't want to hear it. If you don't agree then your ego-driven ignorance which demands you make stupid comments on a topic obviously way over your head is of no interest. Just go away.

Get it? Clear enough? Understand? You CANNOT post here.

(Ahem. Ok, excuse me for a second, I'm English and so find the emotional use of caps of quite exhausting...)

Right, so until you own ATS and make a few changes (such as getting rid of all other members and restricting public access to read only) the above is not a wise inclusion when starting a thread.

Nor is it effective in dissuading argument.

Despite any enlightened wishes to the contrary all members are welcome to make a pertinent comment on any thread available on ATS. That being so then what such a petulant demand is effective in achieving is encouraging the very attention that such a tantrum suggests is unwanted.

Hold yet though noble light-bearer, do not despair for I may still offer hope. If you are desperate to write a piece which you don't want questioned by the great unwashed then perhaps the following:
  • Disconnect from the web
  • Turn off computer
  • Turn off phone (serious business ahead)
  • Shoo lesser ones out of the building
  • Grab pen and paper
  • Think of serious business
  • Decide to leave phone (is very serious)
  • Go alone into windowless, candlelit room
  • Close door
  • Contemplate own greatness
  • Empathise with spider-man
  • Go back to phone
  • Tweet: Do Not Disturb, Great Work in progress.
  • Turn off phone.
  • Go back into windowless, candlelit room
  • Close door behind you
  • Think great thoughts
  • Be surprised at level of own greatness
  • Write great work
  • Read great work making any corrections necessary (shouldn't take long)
  • Stand humbled at great work
  • Remember greatness, readjust stance
  • Curse stupid society
  • Eat any paper bearing hint of great work
  • Feel ill
  • Think of great work
  • Think of normies
  • Curse society again and eat all paper just in case
  • Feel iller
  • Retire unwell but content in knowledge that the truth of own words will remain forever unquestioned.

To everyone else enjoy ATS and happy posting.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

You got me!!! As a MOD posting this (the first part) I was going WTF?????

Good one!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

I happen to have an obsessive compulsion to disagree with anything I initially agree with...

I am at a cross roads of utter confusion and misery in the wake of this thread OP.

Oh woe is I.

Why can't we all just realize that when someone doesn't agree with our statements, the ultimate pre-empitve strike is simply:

Thanks for the thread. It tickled my funny bone.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

I want to mention something that you might not know, I have noticed a trend in younger people that they can be just as hostile and anti-social offline as they are online, mainly in the area of not understanding that other people have different views or perspectives than them that are just as real.

I'm not the only one who has noticed this, there have been a few studies mentioned on the BBC including stories about how businesses are dealing with the issue, of personal relations, in particular, I mean.

Also, check my signature, it's been there for a while. I put it in the signature because I think it has to go on every post I make.
edit on 5-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I was rustled.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I got the impression your annoyed about something.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

To show our appreciation of your efforts, we would like to present you with this big fish.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Now you've done it.
You've gone and rustled Domo.
The implications are terrifying.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I hope you feel better and that you realize those who need to read this won't.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Neysa
Now you've done it.
You've gone and rustled Domo.
The implications are terrifying.

LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
LoL! Too funny.
It's kinda like showing up at the bar and demanding no one else be allowed to drink except you. o_O
edit on 10/5/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Whew! Im glad you clued me into what accent to read that in....

... makes total sense now.

You see, when I read a post I have to hear it in the posters voice.. so Ive made up voices for all of you ( regardless of your gender) . I gave you Hyacinth Buckets voice and accent. I wont even mention what voice I read DTOM's posts in. For some reason I hear Djarums' posts and chats in the voice of The Tick. SO?? Definitely Inspector Clouseau.

What were we talking about again??

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

I love you so much right now!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Great rant! Enjoyed reading it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Not only do I deny the allegations, I deny the alligator.

Heretoforeafter and henceforth, my lofty opinions wielded with both grace and vigor should be engraved upon titanium tablets of truth for all ATS visitors to see. There will be no argument, as I myself have sanctioned with certitude the efficacy of my poignant expertise in ALL matters concerning ATS.

Also, if anyone does not agree with me, I shall cry "WAAAHH!" all the way back to the armchair where my laurels rest.

There can only be one who dictates where to post and where to poop. I vote for... Bernard.

P.S. I liked your post.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
reply to post by JAK

Not only do I deny the allegations, I deny the alligator.

Heretoforeafter and henceforth, my lofty opinions wielded with both grace and vigor should be engraved upon titanium tablets of truth for all ATS visitors to see. There will be no argument, as I myself have sanctioned with certitude the efficacy of my poignant expertise in ALL matters concerning ATS.

Also, if anyone does not agree with me, I shall cry "WAAAHH!" all the way back to the armchair where my laurels rest.

There can only be one who dictates where to post and where to poop. I vote for... Bernard.

P.S. I liked your post.

Titanium TABLETS? Now I hear you type as Mel Brooks as Moses.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I agree, but I feel the urge to express disagreement just for the sake of disagreeing.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
And if you do disagree, at least be able to back it up

Like this for example

Cody

top topics

<<   2 >>

join