It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Choosing Your Sexuality

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Your "God" said do not judge lest ye be judged...

You put yourself in the place of God by judging an entire group of people...

THAT is a mortal sin....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

LarryLove
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Interesting thread. You make abounds to stress your heterosexuality, but although you stress the idea of same-sex intercourse is almost non-arousing to you, can you honestly say that you have never mentally queried the idea of it — even oddly aroused by it?

I have thought about it, when I was younger and still trying to figure out my own body, etc.

I played high school and college football. I have spent a lot of time around naked dudes in my past. It was fairly disgusting, honestly. So it was apparent to me early on that other men was not for me.

When i met my wife, she told me a horror story of an ex that came out of the closet on her. That story, and dealing with her initial insecurities, gave me time to pause for pondering. And once again, my ponders led me to believe that it just wasn't something I could do.

I only make sure to mention my own heterosexuality to make sure that we are clear: this isn't a gay man trying to make a statement. This is a straight man saying "enough is enough". Because, and as I have said before, my son is gay. And I refuse to believe he is "broken", an "abomination", or "defective".

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

colbe

bigfatfurrytexan

colbe

markosity1973

colbe

Darth,

You shared in other threads on sodomy about your family history. Stating the people (aunt and uncle) who raised you, were not the best parents, they were awful! What happened to your real father?

God makes no one homosexual. Our times, the world professes the homosexual act is no sin. God doesn't change, it is a grave mortal sin.

God bless you,

colbe

Colbe, this thread is about pure sexuality, not the religious ramifications of it. However, since you make mention of it and seem intent on dragging up information mentioned in other threads, you yourself have been shown numerous times biblically ambiguous passages on the subject of gay.

You have also been shown the Catholic catechism that states being gay in itself is not a sin, the church's view is that only being sexually active is a sin. And since that sin falls under th the category of adultery, the vast majority of the population who are not gay have the market in that sin cornered already........

P.S Welcome back to the fray Darth, long time no speak

edit on 7-10-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

Go read the OP, it is a promotion of the sin of sodomy. Selling that people are born gay. The excuse. This is not true.

God makes no one homosexual. It is a disorder. Correct, Christ's way, the Church professes His teaching, love the sinner NOT the sin which is the vile act of sodomy. And I said the same as you have here, mentioning the other sexual sins, one of them is adultery.

Take care friend (includes Darth too),

colbe

Colbe, if you would indulge me....how do you know that people are not born gay? You keep making absolute statements without the slightest bit of evidence.

Hi, your reply is kind, thanks BFFT,

God does not make anyone homosexual. Illogical, why would He put on your heart to lie with the same
sex when He created sex for procreation?

Why would God make sex pleasurable if it didn't also have that purpose?

The obvious, children are a blessing, why would God's purpose for sex be painful, not many married
people would want to engage in sex.

Why do you believe that sex is only for procreation?

Me personally, not at all, God has revealed the purpose for sex and who it is for. A married woman's fertile time is only a few days a month. So you have God's gift of children and the joy of the sexual act. A gift too.

Finally, why would you think that the existence of homosexuals isn't proof that God intended them to be here?

There is evil existing in the world, evil is not of God. God does not make anyone homosexual, the
'act' of sodomy is an abomination to Him. He did not create men (or heterosexual women) to have anal sex. The physical consequences ought to be evidence enough.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by colbe

THAT is a mortal sin....

The lame overused excuse of do not judge.

To speak the Truth Jesus has given the world, He is the Truth, is NOT judging.

Don't sell and give your approval of sodomy, it is an intrinsic evil in God's eyes. Sodomy is a mortal sin.
Look at its fruit. Yikes!!!!

John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge just judgment.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
OP said "nothing can really be determined due to the wholly subjective nature of what morality is."

For the OP's points to be valid they must first prove the subjectivity of ethical norms. This they have not done, only stated that such is the case, and then proceeded with a moral code of their own!

That morality is not subjective is clearly seen in the fact that laws exist everywhere. Do not murder, do not steal, do not lie, for example are moral codes embedded into the laws of every nation on the earth.

As it comes to homosexuality, all that can be proven is that it is a behavior either acted upon or not. In some it may be a strong compulsion, but that does not validate the behavior. Just as murder, lust, rape, drug addiction, alcoholism can all be strong compulsions and yet still seen as unethical at best and criminal at worst.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I respect your honesty and just wanted to ask the question to flush out any questionable tentacles within the thread. You have already stated where you live and, only having a few weeks of experience in the lands of America where churches outnumber high street stores, I can well understand where you are coming. Interestingly, my home country couldn't really give a damn if you are gay or not. Yes, you have small enclaves of extremists who preach the abomination of homosexuality, but you can be 'the only gay in the village' (see UK TV programme Little Britain) and still strive ahead in life without discrimination.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Interesting thread. S&F

As a heterosexual male, I do not see homosexuality as a choice. Sex is a performance issue with men, and I just would not be able to perform. It would be like an anti-arousal for me.

You made an interesting point when you said we are all conditioned by our own experiences. However, there is some objective neuroscience we can latch onto in discussing what is and isn't possible in terms o human experience. Dr. Simon Levay mentions in his book "gay, straight and the reason why" points out that a certain number of people working with the conversion therapy method have found success; success is defined as: ability to experience heterosexual feelings. Levay, a stalwart supporter of gay rights, acknowledges that if you have sufficient motivation, you can overcome present sexual feelings (though he doesn't believe there is any reason to do this; though, I respect his honesty in acknowledging the malleability of sexual feeling)

Sexuality has been mythologized by our media. It has been transformed into something mystical, arcane, and beyond human control. We forget, however, that it is merely a type of emotion/feeling.

A possible reason for why you feel being attracted to a man would produce some "anti-arousal" state is because you don't have any present feelings to build upon. Does this mean you couldn't produce the feelings? No. Imagine it as a type of alchemy. Levay discusses various theories for how someone could grow up and become homosexual; one of these theories posits anxiety as a necessary precursor in directing sexual energy towards the same sex. It could begin as you playing with dolls as a kid and having a father who berated and reprimanded you for it; this would generally produce some feelings of insecurity with your manliness; it would plant a seed about your sexual identity that would then grow into a full-blown attraction to members of the same sex when puberty hits. This is one possible explanation for the genesis of homosexual attraction.

To go back to my point. In order to build feeling, you need to have some energy to turn towards. Anxiety is often the best source for this energy. If, for example, you began worrying yourself about your sexual orientation, the emotional energy produced by this worry could be directed in experiencing same sex attraction.

Anyone nervous person here knows how completely possible this is. Take, for example, a possible fear of schizophrenia. All of a sudden you've become afraid - terrified of it. You turn on the computer, and you were positive that you saw "schizophrenia" 3 or 4 times in the page you were reading. Did you see it? Or was your anxiety merely biasing your conscious mind to see that word in words with a similar number of letters, or some other associative property.

Try experiencing this without first experiencing anxiety. It's impossible. Anxiety is the energy factor that fuels the experience.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

colbe

Akragon
reply to post by colbe

THAT is a mortal sin....

The lame overused excuse of do not judge.

To speak the Truth Jesus has given the world, He is the Truth, is NOT judging.

Don't sell and give your approval of sodomy, it is an intrinsic evil in God's eyes. Sodomy is a mortal sin.
Look at its fruit. Yikes!!!!

John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge just judgment.

The truth is Jesus said Love your neighbour... there was no stipulation about being gay...

Such hypocrisy... What is just about condemning another person based on their sexual orientation...

You even speak out against your own pope on these very forums colbe

You preach love, yet deep inside you have hatred bubbling...

I feel sorry for you and those like you

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

colbe

bigfatfurrytexan

Colbe, if you would indulge me....how do you know that people are not born gay? You keep making absolute statements without the slightest bit of evidence.

God does not make anyone homosexual. Illogical, why would He put on your heart to lie with the same

The obvious, children are a blessing, why would God's purpose for sex be painful, not many married

Me personally, not at all, God has revealed the purpose for sex and who it is for. A married woman's fertile time is only a few days a month. So you have God's gift of children and the joy of the sexual act. A gift too.

Finally, why would you think that the existence of homosexuals isn't proof that God intended them to be here?

There is evil existing in the world, evil is not of God. God does not make anyone homosexual, the
'act' of sodomy is an abomination to Him. He did not create men (or heterosexual women) to have anal sex. The physical consequences ought to be evidence enough.

Sodomy, acording to my collegiate level bible studies, relates to the raping and murdering seen by the people of Sodom. It has nothing to do with homosexual intercourse, except in cases of rape. Who is limiting homosexuality to anal sex? Sex is just a part of the whole....same as with hetero's. So how they choose to have sex...you an only making your own inferrences as to what is going on in their bedroom. Unless they are telling you what actions they perform....and most folks see that as fairly private.

God makes everyone. He is an omnipotent, omnipresent god. He has seen your name in the Book of Days, and knows what you are destined to be. He is the Alpha (the beginning) and the Omega (the end) and all points in between. He is the "I Am".

You will not tell me for one minute that such a God would not know your destiny, would not know how you would respond. If he did not, then he would not be omnipresent/omnipotent. He would be only possible of being the Alpha, not the Omega. To be the Omega, one would have to exist at the end of days, and know what is in the Book of Days....know what all beings had done.

There are some serious inconsistencies with Christianity as a whole. So your brand may have some answers...if youwould be so kind as to share.
edit on 7-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

Very interesting post.

Anxiety is a motivator, or at least a catalyst for change in psychology. In the early years of my marriage, my wife didn't know how to behave in a civilized manner when she became frustrated. She wanted to take out frustrations on me. So my anxiety in having to deal with this caused me to defer some interactions out of fear of an argument.

We overcame this together, because I was blessed with a wife capable of introspection and adjustment (she was blessed with the same in a husband, and we are both much better people because of it). But it took me just as long to change my behavior that was resultant from her behavior as it took her to change. To be honest, that 1 thing is the biggest, most important thing we have ever done together. We have fought together to overcome our worst demons....and i know this is a total aside...but it is important in my life.
It has allowed us both to be better parents and better people.

In any event, that was good brain fodder for anyone in this thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

DanZek

OP said "nothing can really be determined due to the wholly subjective nature of what morality is."

For the OP's points to be valid they must first prove the subjectivity of ethical norms. This they have not done, only stated that such is the case, and then proceeded with a moral code of their own!

That morality is not subjective is clearly seen in the fact that laws exist everywhere. Do not murder, do not steal, do not lie, for example are moral codes embedded into the laws of every nation on the earth.

As it comes to homosexuality, all that can be proven is that it is a behavior either acted upon or not. In some it may be a strong compulsion, but that does not validate the behavior. Just as murder, lust, rape, drug addiction, alcoholism can all be strong compulsions and yet still seen as unethical at best and criminal at worst.

Morality and laws are separate things entirely. Just so we are clear about what we are talking about.

But, on morality....essentially morality is the same everywhere. It typically follows natural law though. So things like murder, rape, etc....it is more about humans understanding that it is wrong, because having done to them hurts. And to be honest, that is all you really need to know: don't hurt others.

Things like drinking....that is only "immoral" insofar as the behaviors it causes. Once again: bringing harm to others.

Sex, however, is not standard everywhere. It is wholly subjective. YOu can see the wide variety of viewpoints on it in this very thread. Even CHristians all have various viewpoints on sex and morality.

So I still assert that it is wholly subjective.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Cheezus Christ (pun) people STOP reducing the entire gender debate to the sexual act. As a married man I know that "sex" itself is not so important anymore.(Yes, that was a joke
).

But seriously, it is NOT only about sexuality. It is about relationships, whether sex plays a major role or a small role or NO role. And of course it is about attraction and love. And don't you deny that relationships, attraction and love.."in theory" don't even *need* a specific sexual preference or..for what it's worth an alleged "natural compatibility". This is nonsense.

For example, I am rather thin and my first wife was rather big. ONE could argue there was a problem with physical "compatibility" which is of course nonsense. Or my first wife didn't like PC games (current one does
but I did...so one could argue there was a problem with "compatibility" as well.

I just think those abstruse ideas where some people "came up" with rules how relationships ARE SUPPOSED TO BE are hideous - let alone when those people want to sell their own view to others.

Stop being so effing closed minded and once in a while look further than your 200 people village in TN/GA etc...the world is BIGGER than that.

edit on 12013R000000MondayAmerica/Chicago05PMMondayMonday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

(post by fr33kSh0w2012 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

fr33kSh0w2012
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Well the legal age pf consent in the UK is 16. That is not pedophillia. Pedophillia is an attraction to underage children. If you regularly engage in sex with underage children then even in the eyes of the law you area sexual predator. In the eyes of the law a 6 year old is not consulting. Adults wanting sex with people that dont have the ability to say no i.e. underage or dead people are more then likely doing it for power. They certainly are not doing it because they see a futre relationship forming from it.

That was the point i was making, you cant compare homosexuality to either of those because itw not about wanting to mate and pair off with someone.
edit on Tue Oct 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Megatronus

several times I told those ladies I wasn't in the mood and nothing happened?? so what the hell do you mean can't say 'no' I said that several times while I was six? and nothing happened! I told one of the ladies we all called her "Peggy" or "peg leg" I wasn't into her at all nothing came of it and she found a guy who liked amputees! geez.. guy I don't know what you're talking about? other then that it was for a fun romp most of the time?!? yes I like 16 year olds and some people view that as paedophilia when it's not like that!
edit on 7/10/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

psychological problems are not the discussion in this thread. although yours sound quite traumatizing to you.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Sorry guy I get a little worked up some times that's all I feel like my mid teens, Late teens, early twenties, Mid twenties and late twenties were stolen from me that's all I feel robbed of a life. my early teens were also a disaster as well. High School was a absolute disaster all the students were picking on me and the white Aussie kids because we were not Italian / Lebanese Like them they were maiming and downright killing us white Aussies! hurting us with weapons and makeshift weapons also I.E.D's Molotov and "Coke Bottle Bombs" with Napalm in them and all sorts of shrapnel. Yep I've been through the most horrific # in my early teens and my life has gone all downhill from that point onward!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

colbe

bigfatfurrytexan

Sodomy, acording to my collegiate level bible studies, relates to the raping and murdering seen by the people of Sodom. It has nothing to do with homosexual intercourse, except in cases of rape. Who is limiting homosexuality to anal sex? Sex is just a part of the whole....same as with hetero's. So how they choose to have sex...you an only making your own inferrences as to what is going on in their bedroom. Unless they are telling you what actions they perform....and most folks see that as fairly private.

God makes everyone. He is an omnipotent, omnipresent god. He has seen your name in the Book of Days, and knows what you are destined to be. He is the Alpha (the beginning) and the Omega (the end) and all points in between. He is the "I Am".

You will not tell me for one minute that such a God would not know your destiny, would not know how you would respond. If he did not, then he would not be omnipresent/omnipotent. He would be only possible of being the Alpha, not the Omega. To be the Omega, one would have to exist at the end of days, and know what is in the Book of Days....know what all beings had done.

There are some serious inconsistencies with Christianity as a whole. So your brand may have some answers...if youwould be so kind as to share.
edit on 7-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Interesting, you didn't reply to my answers concerning your first two questions.

I wish you would change, you can, don't defend and approve of sodomy.

I disagree so does God to your stating Sodom was not destroyed by God for HOMOSEXUAL intercourse (anal sex) and forced at that. Lot knew the evil of Sodom wanted to rape his male visitors. Clever, you didn't
use "inhospitable" as the sin as some do. You are still wrong trying to justify anal intercourse as God approved as long as it isn't rape. BOTH are grave mortal sins.

+ + +

..."In Genesis 18 God said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great, and their sin [singular] is so grave . . ." (v. 20). What was the sin which "cried out" for punishment?

Genesis 19 recounts the story of how Abraham's nephew, Lot, entertained two angels at his home in Sodom. Word got around that Lot had some visiting men in his home, and "the townsmen of Sodom, both young and old," gathered outside his home, clamoring for the two visitors to be turned over so that they could be homosexually raped: "Where are the men who came to your house tonight? Bring them out to us that we might have intimacies with them."

The townsmen wanted to have intercourse with them. Lot attempts to quell the mob by offering them his two virgin daughters, suspecting that because these men were homosexuals they would refuse. The entire account revolves around a single sin: homosexuality.

If you examine the Old Testament passages in which God outlines the sins which would merit the death penalty under the Mosaic Law (Lev. 20:27, 24:10-23; Deut. 13:5-10, 21:18-21, 22:21-24), you'll see that homosexuality was condemned alongside such crimes as murder, idolatry, and blasphemy (Lev. 20:13)."...

www.newadvent.org...

Leviticus 20:13
If any one lie with a man as with a woman, both have committed an abomination, let them be put to death: their blood be upon them.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Wait a minute....the Old Testament....so you condone killing people for wearing mixed fabric? Because I recall a very violent God in the Old Testament. Hardly "Christian" in the area of love and forgiveness.

See...all the inconsistencies. How am I to believe in a system that doesn't believe in itself?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

fr33kSh0w2012

Sorry guy I get a little worked up some times that's all I feel like my mid teens, Late teens, early twenties, Mid twenties and late twenties were stolen from me that's all I feel robbed of a life. my early teens were also a disaster as well. High School was a absolute disaster all the students were picking on me and the white Aussie kids because we were not Italian / Lebanese Like them they were maiming and downright killing us white Aussies! hurting us with weapons and makeshift weapons also I.E.D's Molotov and "Coke Bottle Bombs" with Napalm in them and all sorts of shrapnel. Yep I've been through the most horrific # in my early teens and my life has gone all downhill from that point onward!

Brother, we all have it rough. No need to go into it here, because I kicked its ass by refusing to accept excuses. I know what is right. So I do what is right.

Practice at it....you can get there. Enough practice and it becomes habit. Just don't accept excuses for failure....its just that simple.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join