It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Choosing Your Sexuality

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Darth_Prime
Always late to the party!

As others have shared, i have always been 'Gay'. i have always been effeminate, and i never made a choice to be Gay.

for those that think we select to be gay, could you? if you are saying we have a choice to be Straight and select to be gay, you have a choice to select to be gay too, can you view yourself with the same sex?

Darth,

You shared in other threads on sodomy about your family history. Stating the people (aunt and uncle) who raised you, were not the best parents, they were awful! What happened to your real father?

God makes no one homosexual. Our times, the world professes the homosexual act is no sin. God doesn't change, it is a grave mortal sin.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Your "God" said nothing about being Gay...

Only the OT says anything about it... and its outdated... kinda like you..

Just sad colbe

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

colbe

Darth,

You shared in other threads on sodomy about your family history. Stating the people (aunt and uncle) who raised you, were not the best parents, they were awful! What happened to your real father?

God makes no one homosexual. Our times, the world professes the homosexual act is no sin. God doesn't change, it is a grave mortal sin.

God bless you,

colbe

Colbe, this thread is about pure sexuality, not the religious ramifications of it. However, since you make mention of it and seem intent on dragging up information mentioned in other threads, you yourself have been shown numerous times biblically ambiguous passages on the subject of gay.

You have also been shown the Catholic catechism that states being gay in itself is not a sin, the church's view is that only being sexually active is a sin. And since that sin falls under th the category of adultery, the vast majority of the population who are not gay have the market in that sin cornered already........

P.S Welcome back to the fray Darth, long time no speak

edit on 7-10-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
More retarded gay-bashing, all in the name of normality and conformity...

OP and his supporters, you gotta have such a boring and miserable life for snipering on others just because they're different than you.

Dishonorable and low.

Freedom, fer christ's sake! You can't have that if you rob it from others...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Are you sure you have quite understood the essence of the original post?

edit on 7-10-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: of spelling, eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Echtelion
More retarded gay-bashing, all in the name of normality and conformity...

OP and his supporters, you gotta have such a boring and miserable life for snipering on others just because they're different than you.

Dishonorable and low.

Freedom, fer christ's sake! You can't have that if you rob it from others...

So....you have so missed the point that I cannot say anything of value. Please reread, and this time try to comprehend.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

colbe

bigfatfurrytexan
Yeah, I know....sick of the gay threads almost as much as GZ threads. But something I want to share with you as an epiphany as it regards choosing your sexuality.

The debate about sexuality runs the gamut from its morality, to why people engage in various practices. As it regards morality, nothing can really be determined due to the wholly subjective nature of what morality is. We each develop our own views based on our own experiences and choices. Essentially, morality is "What Would I Do", as you then judge everyone else based on that standard (people will rarely admit to their own evils, choosing instead of rationalize them).

But much has been said about whether or not someone chooses to be gay. I see it on these boards all the time, usually from some random poster with very few posts to their names. But not always.

I think something important is overlooked in that debate, however: that we tend to believe others capable of the same things we are. It is what I stated above: the world is judged by your own standard, determined by your own experiences and your own context.

As a heterosexual male, I do not see homosexuality as a choice. Sex is a performance issue with men, and I just would not be able to perform. It would be like an anti-arousal for me. So homosexual sex is not a choice for me, personally, as I am physically incapable of it. This life's experience has made me believe that homosexuality is something you are born with, or at the very least have ingrained on you psychologically. It is a state that is part and parcel to your being, as you typically cannot control what arouses you (i am not denying the psychological impacts of learned behaviors and associations....but that is part of what makes you who you are, so there is no need to deny it).

So what of people who believe that it is a choice? What, in their own personal contexts, would make them believe that people can choose to be aroused by the same sex? It would never occur to me that someone might be able to control what arouses them without extensive psychological training. Nor would it occur to me that one could choose whether or not the same sex is arousing.

I think you see where this is going.....and it is absolutely not a slur on anyone (being gay is not an insult). However, I would suspect that many who claim that homosexuality is a choice, when faced with this quandry, would react quite aggressively.

And to be honest, I understand that. For someone who campaigns about the moral depravity of the homosexual, as well as the choice that homosexuals make because of this depravity....admitting that your own homosexual feelings provide the life's experience and context for your beliefs would be very difficult. But because you are able to wrestle your own demons and abstain from homosexual expression, you expect others to do the same. To live up to your own moral achievement.

Just like the guy who loses 200lbs, and then calls everyone "fat". I mean hey, if he can do it, why can't everyone else?

God decides your gender, male or female.

Another what's wrong with the "act" thread, a lot! Unrepentant sodomites are in Hell and for Bible Alone
believers, it written in the Gospel (2 Peter 2:4-6, Jude 5). Repent and confess to God any sexual sins of your life! Catholics must do more, they must go to Confession. If you are a sodomite (ich), repent and confess the 'act' to God and remain celibate.

The acceptance of "depravity." God did not make men to have anal sex with each other. If a person has
no faith, the natural law should tell you. Sodomy is an ABOMINATION to God. God makes no one homosexual, it is a disorder.

Satan has almost accomplished the destruction of the family, obvious to see now for several generations with the acceptance of sexual sins as NO sin at all! God made sex for two things, marriage and procreation not selfish self gratification. The destruction of the family, no bonding with a person's father is the major reason for homosexuals believing they are homosexual. God knows if you had no father or a troubled/difficult father. Turn to the God the Father, He is the best of fathers. Pray, speak to God the Father from your heart.

Do not approve the homosexual agenda. God's just judgment is close, Heaven says "soon", partly for our nation's acceptance (thank the Lord, not everyone) of the "act", it is a grave MORTAL sin.

God bless you BFFT,

If it helps, I am of the belief that such fanatical views in religion, be they Christian, Muslim, or Pastafarianism....they are a disorder as well.

There is no greater abomination to our Creator than to stifle the experience he has sent us here for.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have a sister and a step brother, both of which are gay. This may sound crazy, and it may just cause more confision, but here goes...

I am convinced that my sister "chooses" to be gay. It is very hard to explain, you would juat have to know her. My step brother on the other hand, I'm convinced it was NOT a choice. Ever since we were young kids he had feminine qualities. He tried to be a normal straight guy, but it was obvious it just was not in his "design". He fully came out when he was about 19, and has been such a happier person ever since.

This is a tough topic, and I think that no person has a right to judge someone because of their sexuality. I live in the bible belt and it is sickening how some parents still indoctrinate their children to hate anyone who isn't white & straight. Not everyone is like that around here, but it is amazing how many are basically neo-nazi wannabes

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

markosity1973

colbe

Darth,

God bless you,

colbe

Colbe, this thread is about pure sexuality, not the religious ramifications of it. However, since you make mention of it and seem intent on dragging up information mentioned in other threads, you yourself have been shown numerous times biblically ambiguous passages on the subject of gay.

You have also been shown the Catholic catechism that states being gay in itself is not a sin, the church's view is that only being sexually active is a sin. And since that sin falls under th the category of adultery, the vast majority of the population who are not gay have the market in that sin cornered already........

Go read the OP, it is a promotion of the sin of sodomy. Selling that people are born gay. The excuse. This is not true.

God makes no one homosexual. It is a disorder. Correct, Christ's way, the Church professes His teaching, love the sinner NOT the sin which is the vile act of sodomy. And I said the same as you have here, mentioning the other sexual sins, one of them is adultery.

Take care friend (includes Darth too),

colbe

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Do a little reading colbe... try your best to figure out what the people at Sodom and Gomorrah were really all about...

It wasn't a city full of gay people though im sure you'd like to believe it was.... the sodomites were ravenous murderers, and rapists... not gay people.

the word sodomite was twisted to conform to the the churches agenda against gay people...

I hate to say it but some of you religious fanatics make me sick

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

If it helps, I am of the belief that such fanatical views in religion, be they Christian, Muslim, or Pastafarianism....they are a disorder as well. There is no greater abomination to our Creator than to stifle the experience he has sent us here for

Pretty much this. I doubt any intelegent creator would put us her for a limited time and then tell us we have to basically be unhappy for the entire time.

As a lot of religious people are fond of saying "its all part of gods supposed plan" that includes homesexuals. I dont personally believe in a god but if he is as intellegent as they say im pretty sure that he doesnt care who i spend my life with. As long as its a committed amd loving relationship and we treat each other with respect i doubt he will be bothered. If he is, let him be. God has never said a word about homosexuality. The very HUMAN men that wrote the bible and 'claimed' they spoke to god are the ones who had something to say about homosexuality. Lets be honest though, all you have to prove they spoke to god is thier word for it. People should remember that before condeming a homosexual for doing what feels natural to them.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

colbe

markosity1973

colbe

Darth,

God bless you,

colbe

Go read the OP, it is a promotion of the sin of sodomy. Selling that people are born gay. The excuse. This is not true.

God makes no one homosexual. It is a disorder. Correct, Christ's way, the Church professes His teaching, love the sinner NOT the sin which is the vile act of sodomy. And I said the same as you have here, mentioning the other sexual sins, one of them is adultery.

colbe

Colbe, if you would indulge me....how do you know that people are not born gay? You keep making absolute statements without the slightest bit of evidence.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Visceral
I have a sister and a step brother, both of which are gay. This may sound crazy, and it may just cause more confision, but here goes...

I am convinced that my sister "chooses" to be gay. It is very hard to explain, you would juat have to know her. My step brother on the other hand, I'm convinced it was NOT a choice. Ever since we were young kids he had feminine qualities. He tried to be a normal straight guy, but it was obvious it just was not in his "design". He fully came out when he was about 19, and has been such a happier person ever since.

This is a tough topic, and I think that no person has a right to judge someone because of their sexuality. I live in the bible belt and it is sickening how some parents still indoctrinate their children to hate anyone who isn't white & straight. Not everyone is like that around here, but it is amazing how many are basically neo-nazi wannabes

If it makes you feel better....i live in what could be called "The Buckle Of The Bible Belt" (just up the road from Abilene, with its 3 Christian universities). The amount of tolerance for others here, outside of the zealots, is unbelievable. Perhaps it is partly why I am the way I am. Out here there are so few folks that you just kind of learn to ignore the stuff you don't like, since you see them so rarely anyway.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

colbe

markosity1973

colbe

Darth,

God bless you,

colbe

colbe

Colbe, if you would indulge me....how do you know that people are not born gay? You keep making absolute statements without the slightest bit of evidence.

Hi, your reply is kind, thanks BFFT,

God does not make anyone homosexual. Illogical, why would He put on your heart to lie with the same
sex when He created sex for procreation?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colbe, you have told me numerous times i have a "Disorder" i understand your feelings and thoughts on the subject, you follow your God and what you believe he tells you to believe,

but that doesn't mean it's proven fact

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

colbe

bigfatfurrytexan

colbe

markosity1973

colbe

Darth,

God bless you,

colbe

colbe

Hi, your reply is kind, thanks BFFT,

God does not make anyone homosexual. Illogical, why would He put on your heart to lie with the same
sex when He created sex for procreation?

Why would God make sex pleasurable if it didn't also have that purpose?

Why do you believe that sex is only for procreation?

Finally, why would you think that the existence of homosexuals isn't proof that God intended them to be here?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Visceral

If it makes you feel better....i live in what could be called "The Buckle Of The Bible Belt" (just up the road from Abilene, with its 3 Christian universities). The amount of tolerance for others here, outside of the zealots, is unbelievable. Perhaps it is partly why I am the way I am. Out here there are so few folks that you just kind of learn to ignore the stuff you don't like, since you see them so rarely anyway.

Four Cardinal Virtues of Liberalism

Pluralism (a relativistic attitude toward truth, religion and morals)
Tolerance (a non-judgmental approach to contrary opinions and “lifestyles”)
Equality (giving equal value to any individual or cultural differences)
Freedom (emphasis on individual autonomy in moral decision making)

God says do not tolerate mortal sin. Speak up. It is everyone's soul, we choose it, Heaven or Hell. Do not die in mortal sin. Believe what God has revealed not the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

colbe

bigfatfurrytexan

Visceral

Four Cardinal Virtues of Liberalism

Pluralism (a relativistic attitude toward truth, religion and morals)
Tolerance (a non-judgmental approach to contrary opinions and “lifestyles”)
Equality (giving equal value to any individual or cultural differences)
Freedom (emphasis on individual autonomy in moral decision making)

God says do not tolerate mortal sin. Speak up. It is everyone's soul, we choose it, Heaven or Hell. Do not die in mortal sin. Believe what God has revealed not the world.

now you are starting to move around the map. Lets please get answers to the above questions before we start political name calling.

I am as far from liberal as it comes. I am libertarian. Excessively libertarian. Near anarchist libertarian. And I live in the most Conservative part of America: the oilfield and cottonpatch. In my town of 28000 there are 72 churches. No that it matters...so lets stay on target please.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Interesting thread. You make abounds to stress your heterosexuality, but although you stress the idea of same-sex intercourse is almost non-arousing to you, can you honestly say that you have never mentally queried the idea of it — even oddly aroused by it?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colbe, are you of the opinion of a couple can't have children they should abstain from sex?

Are you of the opinion you should not use birth control and only have sex when you are trying to have child?

I hope you realize that animals in nature engage in homosexual sex.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join