It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who started attacking christianity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It seem's the new age of people. Seem to despise christianity because of the crusades and the pope's power back in the middle ages.

Why is this?

commont statements from the NEW AGERS

* Religion refering to christians, is the cause of all wars.
* They blame every war from the death of jesus to now as christian caused
* The burning of witchs
* Church domination of the people.

When you mention the word religion to a NEW AGER he or she automatically goes in attack mode and attacks all religions.

Is this because of the secularism, democratic nation's.
Is it because men and women of power have always despised christianity because of the history of the middleages. So they tend to refer christianity as the cause of war's?

There influence which then becomes public policy aka (religion/ideology then influences the youth in automatical hating christianity.

To me the bible is a policy on how to rule a nation, The current policy that is in now seem's be contructed by the these NEW AGERS, the ones that seem themselves as whats best for the people.

But the reality is NEW age ideology has caused more death then all the middle age wars. Ever since the 1900's century the new agers have replaced the christian policy with their own, after this has happened world war 1 started and world war2.

Then Islamic religion(ideology) came along and we had a terrorist problem. Islam clearly had stared wars. But these NEW AGERS use the action's of Islamic terrorist's as means to attack christianity again. They then say see what religions do? they cause problems. This policy then gather's among the youth and they turn away from christianity.

Lets look at the word religion? It's simply an ideology a way of thinking, The new agers tend place it in a single stero type. The meaning of religion then beomes with the meaning of the new agers ..religion ....a class of people who opress women, opress the public and only cause bloodshed.

But the real meaning of religion is a way of thinking.
The New agers have a way of thinking, but don't class them selves as part of an religion.

They fool the public in despising certain way's of though in order to for the public to follow their own way of thinking which seems to be the case.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
But the reality is NEW age ideology has caused more death then all the middle age wars. Ever since the 1900's century the new agers have replaced the christian policy with their own, after this has happened world war 1 started and world war2.

What about George Bush ? - He says he's a Christian yet he has caused untold death and hardship to the people of Iraq. I don't believe that Christianity is responsible for the wars of the twentieth-twenty first centuries, but I do believe that the people causing these wars are using Christianity as a scapegoat - using the religion as an excuse to go to war.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
What about George Bush ? - He says he's a Christian yet he has caused untold death and hardship to the people of Iraq. I don't believe that Christianity is responsible for the wars of the twentieth-twenty first centuries, but I do believe that the people causing these wars are using Christianity as a scapegoat - using the religion as an excuse to go to war.

What about Clinton in Bosnia? (to protect moslems?)

Bush Sr. In Panama?

Reagan in Grenada?

It is not an excuse, no matter how much you play it that way.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Saddam also claims to be a Muslim, but wear's military clothes and most likely never pray's. This keeps the jihadists and enemy's away.

You think about it, if geogre bush was really a christian, he woulld have no chance of wining the election's. So he has to claiim to be one.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It seem's the new age of people. Seem to despise christianity because of the crusades and the pope's power back in the middle ages.

Why is this?

I despise people trying to claim they are the moral ones while calling for more bombs to be dropped.

I despise people who talk about the members of other religions as the violent ones while suggesting that 100 of them should be killed for every one of you who is killed and even going so far as to suggest that the entire Middle East should be nuked.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Germany 1938, the germanys said that communists attacked them. So they want to war againist the communists and invaded poland. Well that democratic mentality going to war with communists.

The Muslims didn't come in with jihad and allah akbar and invaded germany and then priest's jumped into tanks, nun's grab their germany rifles and alter boys created their bomb's to fight the Muslims alway..

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Why is this?

I despise people trying to claim they are the moral ones while calling for more bombs to be dropped.

I despise people who talk about the members of other religions as the violent ones while suggesting that 100 of them should be killed for every one of you who is killed and even going so far as to suggest that the entire Middle East should be nuked.

Yeah the NEW AGERS claim they are the morals ones, and drop bombs. Do you know the government has sperated the the state from the church?

The church didn't call for the invasion of iraq the secularist state government called for it. These are the people that have attacked the christian for wars.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wh yis Bush causing the suffering? Yup, it's Bush. Wouldn't want to place the blame on the true culpritsz, would we. Wouldn't want to start with Hussein and the rest of the leaders who support terror, wouldn't want to blame the ones who refuse to allow Iraq have a peaceful transition into their own government and their own country. Nope, we need to blame Christians, and especially that evil Bush!

Thinker, you can't figure out why they want to blame Christianity? Do you see any logic in blaming Bush for the rise in the price of sandbox sand? There is no logic, just hatred. Where might you thin kthe hatred comes from? Want me to spell it out for ya? Draw ya a picture? *John Wayne impersonation*

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

What about Clinton in Bosnia? (to protect moslems?)

Bush Sr. In Panama?

Reagan in Grenada?

Exactly. I'm not just blaming Bush for these things - He just happens to be the serving president. Clinton, Bush Sr and Reagan are all as culpable in their own ways.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The church didn't call for the invasion of iraq the secularist state government called for it. These are the people that have attacked the christian for wars.

You're right, the Church didn't call for it but it seems like the most vocal advoctes for this war are Christian, both on this forum and out in the real world.

Just ask Edslinger, or you can ask Jerry Falwell who uses lines like "Blow them all away in the name of the Lord."

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just ask Edslinger, or you can ask Jerry Falwell who uses lines like "Blow them all away in the name of the Lord."

lol thats not really a jesus type of thing to do.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I believe one of the first people to successfully attack the church was Martian Luther. The church should never be held beyond criticism nor should you assume someone is good or bad based entirely on their ideologial stance. I judge people on a case by case basis and don't make huge generizations. If you said all chistians were bad and all new agers were good you would be wrong, you would also be wrong if you said all christians are good and all new agers are bad. Attack the individual evils rather than the faiths as a whole and the world will be a better place IMO.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Trent]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The reason Christians are criticized so much is because of their percieved hypocracy. Their religion teaches pacifism and understanding, yet people still manage to kill others in the name of Christ(Crusades, Inquisition, witch trials, etc).
Islam and Judaism, dont have that pacifist("turn the other cheek") foundation, so they arent considered hypocrites when they take revenge or are more aggressive.

dr

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
The reason Christians are criticized so much is because of their percieved hypocracy. Their religion teaches pacifism and understanding, yet people still manage to kill others in the name of Christ(Crusades, Inquisition, witch trials, etc).
Islam and Judaism, dont have that pacifist("turn the other cheek") foundation, so they arent considered hypocrites when they take revenge or are more aggressive.

Christianity is not pasifistic. Jesus said that war for the sake of peace is good.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
do you have a verse for that?
where did jesus say that?

just curious

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Saddam also claims to be a Muslim, but wear's military clothes and most likely never pray's. This keeps the jihadists and enemy's away.

You think about it, if geogre bush was really a christian, he woulld have no chance of wining the election's. So he has to claiim to be one.

Bush claims to be Christian. But he wears flight suits and most likely never prays. This keeps his Christian base at hand since he worships the right god.

Oh, claiming you're a Christian gives you some bonus points from the electorate, to be sure.

As far as who started attacking Christians, I'd say it was Romans and Jews.

Not all New Angers attack religion. Just like not all Christians attack New Agers.

Terrorism didn't start with Islam

dr

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
do you have a verse for that?
where did jesus say that?

just curious

Matt 5:9

He preached a sermon on it. The "blessed are...." verses are titles of the sermons.

The term "peacemaker" is a Greek and Latin word that meant peace through strength as in the Pax Romana There were no hippies then.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Who first persecuted the Christians?

Why -- the Jews -- of course.

bible-history.com...

Mark 15:11 [NIV] But the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead.

So -- thanks Jews -- you purposely angered the crowd and incited them to crucify Jesus instead of the thief. This can defintely be understood to be the 'first persecution' of Christianity (being that Christ was -- well, uh -- the head of the Christian Church [trinity]).

Nice.

dr

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NextLevel
Who first persecuted the Christians?

Why -- the Jews -- of course.

bible-history.com...

Mark 15:11 [NIV] But the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead.

So -- thanks Jews -- you purposely angered the crowd and incited them to crucify Jesus instead of the thief. This can defintely be understood to be the 'first persecution' of Christianity (being that Christ was -- well, uh -- the head of the Christian Church [trinity]).

Nice.

But God predetermined the event! (Acts 4:27-28)

[edit on 14-11-2004 by dr]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr
Matt 5:9

He preached a sermon on it. The "blessed are...." verses are titles of the sermons.

The term "peacemaker" is a Greek and Latin word that meant peace through strength as in the Pax Romana There were no hippies then.

Or it could be translated in its literal sense as "peace makers", which would fit far more easily into Jesus's philosophies. Jesus's whole message and purpose was one of forgiveness. I would seriously doubt that Jesus would support a pre-emptive attack on a country that had never attacked us, and the killing of tens of thousand of innocent civilians in the process. Just a thought...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join