It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare is designed to kill the elderly and disabled

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

you left out the biggest part, the young will PAY for health care, but won't use it. Hmm..

SO, the young are now getting even MORE SHAFT!!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

You obviously know very little about how the elderly are cared for, even if they have insurance.
They've been killing them on purpose for years.
Mostly with tons and tons of deadly medications, with side affects they are well aware of.
This is just going to fast track it now.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I was shocked a few months back when I found out my state (NJ) had passed the "Death With Dignity" Act. After reading this thread and others pointing towards an uphill batlle for quality elder care, I'm can quite clearly foresee in the near future how many more states will pass this Act. If the elderly can't live a quality life with is what left of it, I can see where the "panels" would push this as a viable option.

As of now,the Act requires a terminally ill adult must be given a 6 month or less to live diagnosis, but I predict this Act will be broadened in scope and criteria to allow others "the freedom to die with dignity" too. If health insurance out of pocket is any indication with Obama Care, this program can be spun in such a way as being a way out of financial ruin for chronically ill people and their remaining family who will be saddled fullfilling financial obligations to doctors and hospitals.

The "New Jersey Death with Dignity Act" would allow adults diagnosed with a terminal disease and deemed to have only six months to live to voluntarily obtain medication "that the patient may administer" to kill themselves, according to the bill (A3328). The diagnosis must be made by the patient's treating doctor and affirmed by a consulting physician. Before the prescription is filled, patients must complete a form stating they are making this choice of their own free will. The form must be signed by two witnesses attesting the patient is capable of making the decision.

www.nj.com...
edit on 10/6/2013 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/6/2013 by itsallmaya because: link needed to be fixed

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

And that should make people wonder.

Let's hope all this new and extended insurance *coverage* doesn't create *extra coverage* provided by medical examiners and grave site excavators !!!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

medicare already does / i had a friend whose life could have been saved by angioplasty the doctors said he should make a full recovery if treated medicare put him on hospice care instead and tried to dope him to death , it took him several years to die . why are we allowing bean counters to make medical decisions?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Its not just the elderly, looking over the costs to families and individuals, if a person is not making an upper quintile income they wont be able use ocare due to deductibles in the thousands and High, COBRA-like (higher than COBRA?) premiums. They will also have copays (40-60%) that are tantamount to full price for most middle and lower income people.

My take is that actually osamacare is designed to force people to pay into the insurance pool who would normally not- the benefits have been designed so that these people will now pay in, but wont increase their healthcare usage much because they cant afford to use the policies they are forced to choose from.

The POTUS and his croines arent directly trying to kill anyone- just making them pay for health care they dont use and still wont be able to afford to use.

ITS AWESOME!!!

sarcasm
edit on 6-10-2013 by sjorges2002 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Did you see George Lucas' Master's thesis . . . movie . . .

THX 1138?

THAT is the long range plan.

for the serfs and slaves.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

neoholographic
The problem is Medicare is structured like a Pyramid scheme. It depends on workers at the bottom of the pyramid to pay out benefits to those at the top of the pyramid. When the elderly start living longer and collecting benefits longer the pyramid starts to turn into a diamond. This is because you don't have enough workers to pay out benefits especially in a slow economy.

Wonder how come that so far you did not figure out that state (federal and local state) government is structured the same pyramid way... workers on the bottom working for those on the top (and paying for them) and guess what, religion is set up exact the same way... why do you think Vatican looks so shiny...

Are you trying to say that all of those things (ACA, state/federal government and religion) are not sustainable?

Or you just trying to say that you would opt to have care just for working class??

I am not so sure... I am new to politics... please help me understand....
edit on 7-10-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The OP is pure idiocy. Either the OP is 7 years old, and was just scared by a bed time story. Or the OP is 57 years old, and was just scared by a bed time story. Either way, the OP's 'point' is total fantasy. A law designed to kill the elderly? I'm sure the 13 people who beleive this crap are scared. But they're probably also scared by automatic ice makers too. So....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

neoholographic
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Nope, I'm a realist that uses common sense.

Sadly, most people are sheep, so Obama says it's about insurance companies and the uninsured and some people will blindly follow.

It's about slowing down the increase in life expectancy for the elderly and disabled. Instead of restructuring Medicare, they have decided the program is more important than the lives of the elderly and disabled.

You can't add millions of people into the Healthcare system and expect the elderly and disabled to get the same level of care.
edit on 5-10-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

What you're getting at is eugenics. Hitler didn't come up with it on his own. American scientists did. Remember the Spartans? They were the founders of eugenics. Any weak or sickly in their society were of no use to the community, and put to death. From newborn to elder. Grisly stuff.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

proteus33

medicare already does / i had a friend whose life could have been saved by angioplasty the doctors said he should make a full recovery if treated medicare put him on hospice care instead and tried to dope him to death , it took him several years to die . why are we allowing bean counters to make medical decisions?

This is why we Brits and most of the rest of the world think you Yanks are insane. An angioplasty, FFS, done under a local anasthaetic, takes no time at all. Less complicated than an appendectomy.

Yes, we have cost-benefit analyses and medical actuaries, like your health insurance companies do. But nobody is turned down for a cheap, simple, effective life saving procedure like an angioplasty.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I haven't read the thread, just the OP.

I'm sure it's been brought up, but if it hasn't; those who are not sure what the OP is referencing is Ezekiel Emanuel's Complete Lives System.

One method is through the implementation of the “complete lives system.” This model was described in an article in The Lancet, co-authored by Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, brother of Rahm Emanuel and former special adviser for health policy to the director of the White House Office of Management and Budget. Like Goldilocks in her visit to the bears, an American seeking treatment in the future will have to fall into the “just right” category in order to receive care.

The “complete lives system” is based on age and how productive the person will be to benefit the state. The chance of a patient receiving treatment or a procedure increases if that patient is between the ages of 15 and 50. The only patients receiving treatment will be the ones fitting into the proper age group, the ones who are “just right.”

This gives preference to teenagers and young adults over infants. The whole idea behind this is that infants have not received education and parental care like their teenage counterparts. These factors are actually looked upon as investments by the state — investments that will be wasted unless the older patients can “complete” their lives.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Whodathunkdatcheese

proteus33

This is why we Brits and most of the rest of the world think you Yanks are insane. An angioplasty, FFS, done under a local anasthaetic, takes no time at all. Less complicated than an appendectomy.

Yes, we have cost-benefit analyses and medical actuaries, like your health insurance companies do. But nobody is turned down for a cheap, simple, effective life saving procedure like an angioplasty.

Your elderly are also dying of thirst:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The death toll was disclosed by the Government amid mounting concern over the dignity of patients on NHS wards.

They will also fuel concerns about care homes, as it was disclosed that eight people starved to death and 21 people died of thirst while in care.

Last night there were warnings that they must prompt action by the NHS and care home regulators to prevent further deaths among patients.

The Office for National Statistics figures also showed that:

* as well as 43 people who starved to death, 287 people were recorded by doctors as being malnourished when they died in hospitals;

Sure you can do an angioplasty as easy as 1-2-3, but feeding a 72 year old woman is too much money to spend on someone that is no longer useful to society.

And you call us "Yanks" insane?

Question, in the land of Queen Elizabeth, how does a retiree pay for medical? Oh that's right their own money, and once that nest egg runs out then the state steps in to let them starve to death. Wow, that sounds nice. In this part of the world we call that a death tax and robbing a family of its inheritance. The people with crooked teeth calling individual liberty and responsibility insane is nothing new and has been stated now for over 300 years. We know where you stand, shackled in dependency on your death bed dreaming of a drop of water that will never come from your lords.

You can keep your immoral healthcare system, we don't need or want it. You can shove your Fabian philosophical world view up your own rectums, leave our rectums alone.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

At this point, that approach is becoming more and more necessary. With the way the population demographics and age spread are (and will be as the baby boomers get older), the simple fact is that there will not be enough people to care for an aging population. It's a reality that we quite simply have to face.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

GenerationGap

Whodathunkdatcheese

proteus33

Sure you can do an angioplasty as easy as 1-2-3, but feeding a 72 year old woman is too much money to spend on someone that is no longer useful to society.

Question, in the land of Queen Elizabeth, how does a retiree pay for medical? Oh that's right their own money, and once that nest egg runs out then the state steps in to let them starve to death. Wow, that sounds nice. In this part of the world we call that a death tax and robbing a family of its inheritance. The people with crooked teeth calling individual liberty and responsibility insane is nothing new and has been stated now for over 300 years. We know where you stand, shackled in dependency on your death bed dreaming of a drop of water that will never come from your lords.

You can keep your immoral healthcare system, we don't need or want it. You can shove your Fabian philosophical world view up your own rectums, leave our rectums alone.

Homes for the elderly in this country are run by private health insurance companies, which kind of makes your entire argument look daft. Particularly when you say its disgusting that people have to pay for their own care. Think about it.

In the land of Queen Elizabeth, a retiree is entitled to medical care the same as everyone else. My D-Day vet neighbour, with one lung and an enlarged aorta, thanks God every day for the national health service and the visits he get.

My wife and I both have health insurance. I tore a tendon in my shoulder mountain biking - dealt with quickly and free at the point of sale. Wife had a quality of life problem, nothing serious. She could have waited three months to get it done on the NHS, she went private and had it dealt with in three weeks.

How is that an immoral system?

As for the crooked teeth snark, it's as silly as the rest of your "argument".

BTW, you are confusing Fabian with PIDOOMA.

edit on 9-10-2013 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

proteus33

Homes for the elderly in this country are run by private health insurance companies, which kind of makes your entire argument look daft. Particularly when you say its disgusting that people have to pay for their own care. Think about it.

In the land of Queen Elizabeth, a retiree is entitled to medical care the same as everyone else. My D-Day vet neighbour, with one lung and an enlarged aorta, thanks God every day for the national health service and the visits he get.

My wife and I both have health insurance. I tore a tendon in my shoulder mountain biking - dealt with quickly and free at the point of service on the NHS. Wife had a quality of life problem, nothing serious. She could have waited three months to get it done on the NHS, she went private and had it dealt with in three weeks.

Immoral?

As for the crooked teeth snark, it's as silly as the rest of your "argument".

BTW, you are confusing Fabian with PIDOOMA. Maybe that's why you need a clear rectum.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

The title immediately reminded me of that famous tall tale "The Exodus". Does this mean we are to wander the wilderness for the next 40 years?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join