It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Try to Close the OCEAN Because of Shutdown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

HooHaa
I see a lot of posts wanting to fire,impeach or get rid of our current law makers.. We'll that would work if the people still held the power.. That has been taken from us along time ago.. It was said that governments should fear the people not the other way around...

Our current system gives the illusion of democracy.. I often wonder how long it would take our founding fathers to grab there riffles and organize a coup.. I'm convinced our current state is what the feared and warned us about..

Power is still held by the People, even if they do not recognize it. Just as we hold the Right to speak freely, or be secure in our homes, or see the Right to defend ourselves. While a Government can make words and laws that say otherwise, we do not give up those natural rights, just as the North Koreans do not. They can speak freely if they so wish. They can rise up if they so wish. They can defy unnatural and unjust laws just as we can.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Seriously. I am shocked by how much garbage, "We the people" will put up with. Has the gov't so convinced us that we cannot do a darn thing about this? Have we sacrificed too many liberties in exchange for security? Have we forgotten that this is not the gov't run by kings and politicians but one owned completely by the citizens? When will people stop talking and start doing something? I'm not sure what that something is, non-violent, hopefully, but when we will all get our thumbs out of our butts and do something before it really is too late?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

This isn't a government shutdown. It's a strategic display of oppression. Enjoy this benign snapshot of the future, because it's going to get a lot worse than this so long as the American people do not take action against the fascists who have hijacked the White House.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
They are doing it, they are pushing us to our limits to make us fight back, so they can shove a martial law up our ass during the inevitable civil war, and give obama absolute control over all the country's resources (wich is backed up by the new executive order).
I hate my life..

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

so they can shove a martial law up our ass during the inevitable civil war
reply to post by BioFence

I was JUST talking about this very thing yesterday. Create chaos and panic by shutting down the government, get everyone all riled up and fighting amongst each other, "randomly" shut down waterways so that we are quite literally trapped in here, push it to the brink of insanity so that we all start killing each other, and then POOF! Martial Law is declared. Checkmate.

The worst part about the whole thing (for me) is coming to the realization that an unbelievable number of people are still mindlessly defensive of and supportive of POTUS at this point. I am truly starting to wonder if some of my friends have gone completely mad. It seems so clear and concise to me that all of this is being orchestrated and we are being herded toward something. How is it that EVERYONE doesn't see this? I just don't get it.

Nothing has seemed completely real now for the past week or so. People are acting weird...really weird, Stepford Wives weird...the clouds in the sky even look fake, the Sun looks strange. We should be seeing far more outrage from the citizens of our nation about what is happening right now. The whole atmosphere seems electrically charged, like some kind of pressure building. I can't shake the feeling that something is about to happen that will effectively end life as we know it. Be it aliens or new world order or zombies or whatever, something is going to happen, and it's going to be soon. I dread hearing the news that our government has declared Martial Law. Absolutely dread it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
"Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do as we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!" – Bill Hicks

I have a sneaking suspicion, paranoid as I might be, that they WANT civil unrest. The rest becomes easy to explain from there. Martial law, FEMA camps, the works.

Time for me to leave this country.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Horrorgram because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I guess the fish are on furlough now!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Next election.... I will only vote for those who have not held office before. the good old boys regardless party, have to go. This is them giving us the bird.........no?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is truly bizarre than you have to visit a conspiracy website to find more people with common sense about how reckless Obama really is with the federal government.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I read about this through a notice from the Missouri Citizens militia. They are taking action. Here is a quote from their facebook site

While I certainly realize I am in no position to give orders, I would like to give you each an assignment and hope for a high level of participation. What I would like every one to do is to buy a white poster board, in large Lettering write this message on it,"BY ORDER OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, THIS SITE, AND ALL OTHER FEDERALLY HELD GROUNDS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!"
then take this sign to the federal grounds nearest your home and hang it up in plain sight. If there are barricades remove them if there are locks cut them. If you choose to accept this mission please send pics for us to post on the main feed.

People are doing it. LOVE IT!!

One of our militia guys helped keep the WWII memorial open too. Cops would peacefully close the gates, they would peacefully open them back up. On and off like that all day.

And yes, some of them are practicing their rights to open carry their guns it appears. (you only need a permit to conceal)

It is our constitutional right and responsibility to not sit around and take this.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They are doing it all for a reason, they want chaos , the civil war they are creating will be giving them the undisputable reason to push their agenda.
Behold my friends. We'll be witnessing the birth of the NWO, and it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

the OP has blog site as the resource, not the Miami herald , thanx

it's only 1,100 square miles of the Ocean. and is Park Ranger owned.
this sounds like it affects more "Charter" boats than anything else.
I would hope that commercial feets could use other waters. if not I would be surprised.
Like I said " Fish somewhere else"

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by matted

I'm here in southwest Florida. They have Big Cypress National Preserve closed, so the Turner River can't be used!? The only Park Rangers I ever see during the summer and this time of the year is non park rangers emptying the trash at the landing. Only Canoe's and Kayaks. They do nothing in the park this time of year. No money is being spent keeping it open except trash pickup. Hey, just don't pick up the trash, or I will do it for free.

They have spent more money on the signs saying they are closed in all of Everglades National Park/s than the people paid to check to make sure people aren't using OUR LAND and Water We Paid For!

I was at the East River Today(State Owned) and I talked to 2 real nice older Gentlemen that were fishing from Kayaks.
The one guy I spoke to had a soft spoken southern accent and very articulate. They had the right set up from the clothes they were wearing to the fishing equipment on hand which told me they were very experienced and take their sport they love seriously. (I'm telling you these details because this gives you an idea of their attitude and demeanor when talking to the ranger, obviously posing no threat!

These guys weren't drinking beer in tank tops and cut off jean shorts with any agenda. You know, it doesn't matter if they were, it is still ours and we pay for it and they hire these buffoons.

He told me they drove to Chokoloskee Island (Part of the 10,000 Islands here on the West Coast FL) and were unloading their boats in the water and a Park Ranger told them they can't fish out in Chokoloskee Bay because it is closed. They seemed to handle it well even though WE THE PEOPLE ALL pay for our Parks. The guy said he had a big gun on him so they didn't press the issue. I know some of these Park people here and they know me.

We talked about the idiots(Gov) real agenda and how this makes no sense and we all kind of laughed at Morons in the government.

People, this is beyond stupid. I don't think I would have been so nice if this happened to me. Probably would have him call his supervisor and keep going up the chain and who is giving the orders. I'm not one to hold back and will call people out, which is not to be self serving, but when I see wrong doing, I say something.

Everyone that cares and has spine, do some investigation and call these people out, don't let them get away with this, this is ours!

Check this out and this will make your blood boil even more! This is related

washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 7-10-2013 by PRS395 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

BioFence
They are doing it all for a reason, they want chaos , the civil war they are creating will be giving them the undisputable reason to push their agenda.
Behold my friends. We'll be witnessing the birth of the NWO, and it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

You know, a day after the "shutdown" occurred, President Obama made a speech to Wall St.

"I think this time is different," the president said, when asked by CNBC's John Harwood whether the financial markets were right to assume that the upcoming conflict would ultimately get resolved in time. "I think they should be concerned."

And this got me thinking about how this could be construed. It COULD be that Mr. Obama was so concerned that he actually wanted to appear to be.....BUT, it almost sounds as though he is challenging Wall Street to NOT react negatively to this shutdown. Almost as though he wants the pain and suffering to continue...so he could prove that HIS is 'the only correct way'.
edit on 8-10-2013 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This whole thing is a joke meant to further government policy in the future.

Just wait, if people do truly get angry over this issue of a government that doesn't work, they'll try and find their own method which will just invite said gov't to get back to work, but only to crush the new movement.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
1,100 Square Feet isn't the entire Ocean. I get that it's the title of the article, but it doesn't make it any less misleading. You could have easily used the more credible source within the article.

Don't get me wrong, the means used to enforce the shutdown is wrong, but so is lying about said shutdown (or quoting someone who's lying in your case). Speaking of those means, I really don't understand the point of this partial shutdown if it costs more to shut it down than to keep it open. It seems like the government doesn't really understand the definition of a shutdown.
edit on 8-10-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join