It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Try to Close the OCEAN Because of Shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown.

Ok, now we are going beyond ignorance. If you Read the ARTICLE it actually goes on to say that it will actually cost more to do this than what it does to function on a regular day.

The thing that really got to me above the absurdity of trying to close off a part of the ocean is this particular quote from the article:

Apparently, according to an anonymous Park Service ranger, “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

Are they purposely trying to push our buttons anyway they can? Do they want a uprising? Are they asking or trying to figure out just how dumb downed we are?

I mean its not like we made the decision to shut everything down. TPTB did that. So after a statement like that, I do really have to wonder just exactly what their REAL agenda is.

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Pain is the plan. Pain to the greatest extent they can manage to inflict it. Isn't that what some very angry Park Service people have said they've been ordered? Well.... this sure supports it.

It's more expensive to cause the pain for people than not to. That absolutely shows what the priority is here.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Pain is the plan. Pain to the greatest extent they can manage to inflict it. Isn't that what some very angry Park Service people have said they've been ordered? Well.... this sure supports it.

It's more expensive to cause the pain for people than not to. That absolutely shows what the priority is here.

Mhmm like sanctions.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Isnt Florida Bay, just a tiny , tiny part of the ocean?

edit on 5-10-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Crazy stuff. Could this be a revenge plot because he didn't get to destroy Syria? Sticking it to the people. I wonder how they think it's really working for them?

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

onehuman

Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown.

Ok, now we are going beyond ignorance. If you Read the ARTICLE it actually goes on to say that it will actually cost more to do this than what it does to function on a regular day.

The thing that really got to me above the absurdity of trying to close off a part of the ocean is this particular quote from the article:

Apparently, according to an anonymous Park Service ranger, “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

Are they purposely trying to push our buttons anyway they can? Do they want a uprising? Are they asking or trying to figure out just how dumb downed we are?

I mean its not like we made the decision to shut everything down. TPTB did that. So after a statement like that, I do really have to wonder just exactly what their REAL agenda is.

Pretty much what i'm thinking. This is going way beyond administrative pedantry and red tape.

It IS looking increasingly like 'something else' is the real reason for this 'shutdown'. Perhaps a secret trial or exercise, to see what would happen to the population if Government services were taken out...throw in a whole lot of deliberately induced stress on the public, using way overboard tactics like these to simulate public reaction to any number of actually stressful scenarios, from Martial law, revolution, natural disaster, enemy action, actual government collapse and so on.

It's odd that these almost unreal announcements about public parks and waterways, and now even the sea itself are being heard more and more, there's gotta be an ulterior motive going on here other than a standoff about budgets and policy.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Is this the best they can do? A war monument and a fishing hole? Can't wait to see the other more imaginative "torture the people" schemes they come up with.

Otherwise, the people might get the idea that it doesn't matter if the government is there or not. Wouldn't want that notion to take hold. A limited government, gee... whats that?

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

onehuman
Are they purposely trying to push our buttons anyway they can? Do they want a uprising? Are they asking or trying to figure out just how dumb downed we are?.

No, it's just the nature of government.

Naturally, government doesn't fix problems, it's not designed to. It creates problems.

The evidence has been staring us in the face for a hundred years.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am of the firm belief that any cooperation with terrorists just begats more terror. We must not pay their ransom, for fear we forfeit our future!

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I think you're right and the message is increasingly clear. We are nothing and we have nothing without Uncle there to supply it to us. From honoring our War Dead to parking our cars for the privately owned historical site for George Washington ...to catching a damn fish to eat. All depend on the literal whims and desires of Washington politicians ....and they're making very sure we understand that. Crystal clear.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What iwant to know is how do they plan to enforce it?
With everyone shut down, the ability to patrolsaid 11000 sq miles of ocean must be severely restricted.....
Or may be they figure to go on the honour system?
riiiiight

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by MysterX

I think you're right and the message is increasingly clear. We are nothing and we have nothing without Uncle there to supply it to us. From honoring our War Dead to parking our cars for the privately owned historical site for George Washington ...to catching a damn fish to eat. All depend on the literal whims and desires of Washington politicians ....and they're making very sure we understand that. Crystal clear.

If a third party ever has a chance it's now.

We all agree we need new Reps.

We are kept so divided nothing can be done about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just sent a message off to my niece who lives down that area. I wanted to know what she's seen or heard about this down there.....talk about going overboard....there's no rhyme or reason for this happening......

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Don't "the people" employ those people; including the ones in D.C.? Fire them all, and replace them with the candidates that lost in the previous election. Then, file charges. Start with Nancy Pelosi.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't get it...

If the feds are shut down then who is going to stop fishermen?

If there is enough staff to stop them then why.wouldnt they jusy
use that staff to operate the area?

Obama is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Geez, the cost of all that 'DO NOT CROSS' Barrycade tape around Florida must be obscene.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Close the ocean?

So now the government is telling us when we can, and can not fish.

Well I'm not going to get to upset about it. I mean it's not like they tell us how big our drinks can be, or make us pay for expensive insurance that doesn't give us quality care, or spy on us 24/7, or setup laws to make us enemy combatants, so they have the right to use military force against us, or give them the power to arrest us without rhyme or reason ,or even a trial.

Oh, wait am I forgetting something? That was weird for second there I felt like that's what our representatives have done, but come on this is the land of the free.

Well got to go Honey Booboo is on...

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Maybe they should close the Pacific Ocean and warn people of radiation exposure...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

" Apparently, according to an anonymous Park Service ranger, “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.” "

That Order is a Direct result of a " Political Agenda ' by the Present White House Administration . To think that they give a Rats Behind about ANY American Citizens Rights is Plainly Obvious there . Criminals are Running this Country , Criminals Indeed.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join