It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting video interview about the health of children in japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
it's in japanese with subtitles. i haven't fully finished watching it but it's an interview with Mika Noro who is the president of the non profit "The Bridge to Chernobyl". when they wanted to survey the health of children in japan they were flooded with more calls than they expected. they found very similar symptoms to what they found in the children after the Chernobyl incident. heavy nosebleeds, diarrhea, throat irritation, and fatigue were reported. the parents that participated were given forms to fill out if they went to the doctor or noticed any changes in their children.

the problem is that the symptoms of radiation poisoning are similar to other illnesses so it can easily be passed off as something else. some of the emails the TV show received - many didn't go to the hospital because you usually don't go to the hospital for just a nosebleed, many who did go due to diarrhea were diagnosed with a virus but the test was later found to be negative for a virus. typically doctors aren't trained in radiation poisoning so they are not going to jump to that conclusion right away. this leaves the people in a strange state of limbo. we won't know more for another 5 years or more.

(don't understand how to embed - seeing if this works below)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

That look right? Will give it a watch in a bit. Thanks for sharing!

edit on 5-10-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Copy the link (//www.youtube.com/embed/2dE3kgHrpSo")
and remove //www.youtube.com/embed/, incl. the Slash,
u just need "2dE3kgHrpSo" (without "-")

Understandable?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Absolutely shocking, I've seen the Fukushima threads but did not expect it to be as bad as this.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The one thing the video didn't make clear is that these are children from the prefectures surrounding fukushima. Theyre not say which prefectures there are, but I can tell you this isnt going on in Tokyo.... Not yet anyway.
As food is becoming more and more contaminated now.

Most of the kids closer to fukushima got iodine treatments almost immediately as well.

But these families were not evacuated and still live in a relatively close proximity to fukushima.
Most parents don't let them outside of the house.
There are special programs for them to go to camp away from fukushima at least once a year, so they can go outside and play.

Like many families in areas outside big cities, they do not always have the means and money to just pick up and relocate.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

toward the end of the video the interviewer shows a chart they made from the emails they received and the bulk of the reports came from very close to the reactors.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

i THINK so. i'll have to try that out at some point.... if i remember that the next time i want to post a video! my memory is terrible.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Missed it. Sorry.

top topics

join